Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all kryptonians/kryptons have the same powers (laser eyes, flight, super strength, immortality etc)? And is there an explanation why they are this way? Technology, magic, or some such explanation?

They cut kryptonite so who knows what else might go. Personally I like that they are going out without the safety nets and lifeboats.
I'm sure the sequel with Lex will obviously introduce Kryptonite.

I'm sure the sequel with Lex will obviously introduce Kryptonite.

I don't doubt that but what I mean is other staples of the comics may not be introduced in this film.

Dude, you just can't be satisfied at all! Nitpicker of the year :p

Not really...I'm just not really a comic fan or even a particular superhero movie lover, so I don't quite have the built-in giddiness over any character or movie over anyone else coming out, and just want to see a good piece of film. I'm actually glad this movie is made, and still look forward to it. I just have to set my sights a bit lower still...which is actually a good thing because the good things seem that much better. :O

It's fine, it looks like it'll be a fun remake at the very least. Definitely doesn't look as silly as GL looked even before it came out, and definitely better than SR.

I don't doubt that but what I mean is other staples of the comics may not be introduced in this film.
with so much going on in the movie, i doubt they will introduce alot of Clark Kent, the mild mannered reporter. They are saving alot for the sequal, as well as they should.

This was a great trailer. June 14th cannot come soon enough. I will see it on the 13th at midnight. :D

Do all kryptonians/kryptons have the same powers (laser eyes, flight, super strength, immortality etc)? And is there an explanation why they are this way? Technology, magic, or some such explanation?

Yes they do because they all have similar DNA. Even the animals there have similar traits. There is no official explanation outside of the fact that it has been written in the comics that Kryptonian cell structure absorbs yellow sunlight and converts and stores it as energy not unlike a solar battery. In addition, the higher gravity of the planet Krypton also aids in making the inhabitants naturally stronger.

It feels like this has been such a long wait, but seeing the third trailer and what the movie has to offer it all becomes worth it. Can't wait to see it in IMAX!

"For some, he was a guardian angel...For others, a ghost".

I almost cried during this trailer! I can't believe how great this is looking!!!

I admit that there were a FEW little shots where I thought it could've look a bit better. Like cavill's face at the 2:09 mark, in that split-second. But it doesn't ruin anything for me.

Weather or not the music is from the original Zimmer score, I don't know - but I like it! And I actually think this IS original music from the film.

The little we see of Cavill acting out supes in the interrogation room with Lois, feels just freaken A_mazing! He really seems to have it nailed down. Everything from his tone in voice, and ESPECIALLY also those little facial expressions he charmingly delivers with a little grin. Gotta love it :-)

I love the quiet bits with the two fathers of Kal-El! There really is strong emotional father moments present here. You feel it.

Overall, this trailer sets the bar HIGH! The story seems like a true epic. The acting seems great. The cinematography looks beautiful. The action definitely seems to set an all new high for the genre!!

This ten-pole monster of a motion picture doesn't feel/seem to be just another superhero movie - it feels to be an Important one!

Superman has certaintly been reborn.

Last edited:
I'm actually wishing even more that they saved Jor-El and Krypton just for a sequel so we'd see more of it throughout the film tied into the current threat...sort of a Godfather 2 approach.

I'm really liking what I've seen from Crowe so far...even if it is a lot of Brando stuff from STM. LD

with so much going on in the movie, i doubt they will introduce alot of Clark Kent, the mild mannered reporter. They are saving alot for the sequal, as well as they should.

Agreed. I really don't know how they are going to fit what they've shown into the film. Its gonna be huge.

Yes they do because they all have similar DNA. Even the animals there have similar traits. There is no official explanation outside of the fact that it has been written in the comics that Kryptonian cell structure absorbs yellow sunlight and converts and stores it as energy not unlike a solar battery. In addition, the higher gravity of the planet Krypton also aids in making the inhabitants naturally stronger.

But considering Kal El is on Earth longer I wonder if that will technically make him stronger?

I'm sure at some point he will be called The Superman.

I doubt there will be a "bird plane superman" moment tho. The public won't know him well enough for that in this film.
See, I'm kind of hoping that the final scene in the film is Superman accepted in Metropolis. I'd bawl like the Superman fanboy that I am if there was a full, "Look! Up in the sky!" moment as Superman flies over the streets of Metropolis, smiling and waving, then soars into the sky, to cap the film. That would be glorious.

Is it a coincidence that I teared up with this Trailer #3 like I did with TDKR's Trailer #3?

Zimmer, please do not disappoint with this score. I want to feel chills down my spine like the first time I heard Nolan's Batman theme.

But considering Kal El is on Earth longer I wonder if that will technically make him stronger?

You mean stronger than Zod or Faora? That all depends. From what I have been reading is seems like they are genetically engineered warriors, so that may serve as an equalizer to whatever extra strength Kal-El may have.

Hey guys, I'm finally back!

Just saw the trailer, it was amazing. Still only saw one punch thrown by Supes in the trailer, but plenty of action so I don't think that will be an issue. Really quite exciting, let's hope this is the start to a good marketing run.

Well, out of all of the great parts the trailer has I can say that my two favorite parts are the punches at the end and Zod's "I WILL FIND HIM!".

You mean stronger than Zod or Faora? That all depends. From what I have been reading is seems like they are genetically engineered warriors, so that may serve as an equalizer to whatever extra strength Kal-El may have.

Well in the sense that he has grown up with his powers so he knows how to use them all to their fullest extent....he has had far more "practice" time.

I don't understand what happens as Lois is saying "Superman".

Finally a Krypton that is alive and vibrant! Complete with animal life! Not some ice planet! I was surprised thathe sun wasnt red.....or did I miss that?

See, I'm kind of hoping that the final scene in the film is Superman accepted in Metropolis. I'd bawl like the Superman fanboy that I am if there was a full, "Look! Up in the sky!" moment as Superman flies over the streets of Metropolis, smiling and waving, then soars into the sky, to cap the film. That would be glorious.

Ever since the SDCC trailer; all of us, including me, have assumed that the events of this film will lead Lois to tell Clark/Superman (since she's been searching for Clark before Superman appears) that he migth have to "hide in plain sight." Thus, the SDCC trailer scene where Clark walks into the Daily Planet elevator, and he puts the glasses on just as the doors close, might be the final shot before the end credits. Just a theory, as always.

I don't understand what happens as Lois is saying "Superman".

Someone in the observing room hits the mic button. That or it is two moments intercut for the trailer to look like they happen as one.

aakgft.jpg

:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija