Days of Future Past Official Rate and Review DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honeslty find both equally amazing, so it just comes down to preference. I have an X-Men bias that I'm not afraid to admit, so it's DoFP for me. :woot:

Same here. Winter Soldier was spectacular...but this is X-Men.

For me Days of Future Past is better than The Winter Soldier. I'm not saying this because I'm a X-Men fan but because DOFP almost had me crying. If I would have cried if I was alone.

Yeah, wouldnt be surprised if some people like DOFP better. I just found Winter Soldier to be more polished and focused, hence 8.5/10 to DOFP's 8/10. Although DOFP has more emotion and heart.

Yeah I don't see any superhero film this year being better than "The Winter Soldier", that movie blew me away.

DOFP is much better than Winter Soldier. Thats all I'm going to say on that.

IMO, CA: TWS is just a notch above DOFP.:woot: Great films in their own right.

Guys please stop! My expectations are reaching dangerously high levels!

Seriously though, for those who considered X2 to be the pinnacle, how does DOFP compare?

Guys please stop! My expectations are reaching dangerously high levels!

Seriously though, for those who considered X2 to be the pinnacle, how does DOFP compare?

DOFP takes the best parts of X-2 and FC and melds them into one.:woot: That's how good it is. Just wish Singer would do justice to some characters, he's a great story teller but his X-Men films don't really feel like the X-men I grew up reading. That's just me though.

WOW

Jesus christ, just got out, and wow. I was waiting for this one like crazy although I'm more of a Spidey fan. If I had to compare (and I don't like to do that), I'd say this crushes TWS, like no contest really. I don't want to compare it to TASM2 because they are such different beasts, and I love TASM2 as well.

First of all, to me, it's now (for me) the best X-Men movie hands down, before seeing it, it was X-Men 2, I'd rank them this way now: X-Men DOFP > X-Men 2 > X-Men First Class > The Wolverine > X-Men 1 > X-Men 3: TLS > Origins (total misfire)

What's impressive is how easily the time travel aspect is handled, it's perfectly clear & so well done, it all flows in & out so well. Kinberg's script is fantastic.

I love that they send Wolverine and it just makes total sense from a story point of view and offers a lot of possibilities. The share is 80/20 in favor of the past part and it really makes for some great twists & turns and narrative choices.

The tone at first (in the past) is light but it quickly gets more emotional & intriguing. We navigate between both timelines so smoothly, Singer got this one and it feels easy in his hands.

I especially love the sort of quest that Wolverine has at first which is
breaking Erik out of prison
and that leads to the introduction of the fabulous Quicksilver. I kid you not, the reviews & reactions have not been exaggerated on his subject, he just steals the show, Evan is incredible already on American Horror Story but he's just got this insane charisma, his big scene is just crazy, I have to know how they did this scene (saw the booth thingy in BTS photos shooting at 800 fps, but that can't be just it) because it looks amazing & Quick is so funny.

Otherwise, the stakes are high obviously & it's just gripping, tense, flawlessly executed. McAvoy delivers once again and it really gets very emotional at times, it kind of all builds up to this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING scene where he
enters Logan's mind to visit his older self in the future

IMO, X-Men has never been as emotional as it is here in that sequence especially.
The action, although after movies like TASM2 or Godzilla & all big budget movies we've gotten, it becomes harder to be impressed, well the action is just great, very well staged & choreographed & it's well balanced as well.

I'm going back to the performances, Hugh kills it as usual, it just becomes second nature for him, Fass does very well like in FC, I thought that J-Law's really come into her one as Mystique, the rest of the cast is very good, McKellen & Stewart are not in the movie a lot (but that's all part of the past/future share).

All in all, it's just mindbending how it concludes, it just gives way to so many possibilities, I couldn't believe it when
we saw Jean & SCOTT again, ah ah
It just gives us a lot to expect. The tease at the end is excellent, and I'm just trying to understand right now how the timeline is going to work in X-Men Apocalypse, going to be interesting.

If I had complaints about the movie, I'd just say that there a few scenes & moments where I don't know if they chose a specific shutter speed on the Alexa, but it gives those moments a weird motion, like smearing that gives away the digital nature of the image, I've seen this on other movies shot on Alexa, although very rarely, so that's weird. Overall, movie looks very good visually but it definitely would have looked better shot on film, I even wondered at some point if they shot THAT scene btw
young Charles & old Charles
on film, it had much more texture to it than the rest of the movie.

Last edited:
It was okay. Not better than x2 or first class. Did I see the same movie as you guys? In here it sounds like it's on TDK/TWS level, in reality it's like on maybe a ASM level. Not the 2nd one because that was crap.

It was okay. Not better than x2 or first class. Did I see the same movie as you guys? In here it sounds like it's on TDK/TWS level, in reality it's like on maybe a ASM level. Not the 2nd one because that was crap.

Differing opinions man. SO what didnt u like about it?

Just saw it

I will see again sunday but it is a very dense film. Seriously, don't go to the toilet during the movie, every scene are important :woot:.
For now, my grade is 8,5 but it can change. The movie was pretty good, missing some element to be a masterpiece but Singer can be proud. This guys know the franchise like nobody .

We find a Bryan Singer inspired by his subject, very respectful of the genre, characters from comics and even the franchise itself . The film has from some bad cut in the future but brutal death of many characters are just :eek: .The emotion is very effective and the different parallel between historical events and the mutants are ingenious .

Il will give a revew later but....

Best parts:
-The opening in New-York
- James and Fassy are FABULOUS, i really can't say enough about them .
There are just AMAZING in every scene .
- Jennifer Lawrence gives new dimension to the character
- team work in the future
- Quicksilver :funny:
- Death scene

Bad parts:
-
More a marketing problem but they have spoiled all Storm scene :csad:
- Mystique and Beast's relationship is inexistent
- Some bad cut in the future
- If you expect to have a final battle like Transformers, you will be disappointed.

Last edited:

You have no idea how annoying & demeaning saying "Did I see the same movie as you guys" really is.

Enjoying your reviews guys. Special thanks for succeeding in avoiding spoilers for the most part.

Interesting. Can you please break down what you liked and didn't like.:yay:

if you expect a Wolverine and friend, he barely fight in the movie :cwink:.
So don't worry .

I honeslty find both equally amazing, so it just comes down to preference. I have an X-Men bias that I'm not afraid to admit, so it's DoFP for me. :woot:

Actually I'm far more of an X-Men fan than a Captain America fan, I've never been the biggest fan of Cap.

That's why it's a true testament to how good CA:TWS truely is, since it wowed ME a person who's pretty so-so with Cap.

WOW

Jesus christ, just got out, and wow. I was waiting for this one like crazy although I'm more of a Spidey fan. If I had to compare (and I don't like to do that), I'd say this crushes TWS, like no contest really. I don't want to compare it to TASM2 because they are such different beasts, and I love TASM2 as well.

First of all, to me, it's now (for me) the best X-Men movie hands down, before seeing it, it was X-Men 2, I'd rank them this way now: X-Men DOFP > X-Men 2 > X-Men First Class > The Wolverine > X-Men 1 > X-Men 3: TLS > Origins (total misfire)

What's impressive is how easily the time travel aspect is handled, it's perfectly clear & so well done, it all flows in & out so well. Kinberg's script is fantastic.

I love that they send Wolverine and it just makes total sense from a story point of view and offers a lot of possibilities. The share is 80/20 in favor of the past part and it really makes for some great twists & turns and narrative choices.

The tone at first (in the past) is light but it quickly gets more emotional & intriguing. We navigate between both timelines so smoothly, Singer got this one and it feels easy in his hands.

I especially love the sort of quest that Wolverine has at first which is
breaking Erik out of prison
and that leads to the introduction of the fabulous Quicksilver. I kid you not, the reviews & reactions have not been exaggerated on his subject, he just steals the show, Evan is incredible already on American Horror Story but he's just got this insane charisma, his big scene is just crazy, I have to know how they did this scene (saw the booth thingy in BTS photos shooting at 800 fps, but that can't be just it) because it looks amazing & Quick is so funny.

Otherwise, the stakes are high obviously & it's just gripping, tense, flawlessly executed. McAvoy delivers once again and it really gets very emotional at times, it kind of all builds up to this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING scene where he
enters Logan's mind to visit his older self in the future

IMO, X-Men has never been as emotional as it is here in that sequence especially.
The action, although after movies like TASM2 or Godzilla & all big budget movies we've gotten, it becomes harder to be impressed, well the action is just great, very well staged & choreographed & it's well balanced as well.

I'm going back to the performances, Hugh kills it as usual, it just becomes second nature for him, Fass does very well like in FC, I thought that J-Law's really come into her one as Mystique, the rest of the cast is very good, McKellen & Stewart are not in the movie a lot (but that's all part of the past/future share).

All in all, it's just mindbending how it concludes, it just gives way to so many possibilities, I couldn't believe it when
we saw Jean & SCOTT again, ah ah
It just gives us a lot to expect. The tease at the end is excellent, and I'm just trying to understand right now how the timeline is going to work in X-Men Apocalypse, going to be interesting.

If I had complaints about the movie, I'd just say that there a few scenes & moments where I don't know if they chose a specific shutter speed on the Alexa, but it gives those moments a weird motion, like smearing that gives away the digital nature of the image, I've seen this on other movies shot on Alexa, although very rarely, so that's weird. Overall, movie looks very good visually but it definitely would have looked better shot on film, I even wondered at some point if they shot THAT scene btw
young Charles & old Charles
on film, it had much more texture to it than the rest of the movie.

I can't handle this. 27 hours away from witnessing the return of the master. 8 long, damn years I've waited. It sounds like it was completely worth it.

Actually I'm far more of an X-Men fan than a Captain America fan, I've never been the biggest fan of Cap.

That's why it's a true testament to how good CA:TWS truely is, since it wowed ME a person who's pretty so-so with Cap.

I'm so-so on cap and thought the movie was so-so to go along with him.:o

Just back from a midnight screening. It was incredible stuff from beginning to end, it'll probably end up being the best blockbuster film of the summer for me, going to be very tough to top.

Not much of a spoiler but did anyone else get a huge smile on their face when...
the theme started kicking in and the titles kicked in
.. at the start. True return to form for the franchise between First Class, The Wolverine and now DoFP.

Here is my full review...

I need More!.

Seriously though I will post my review tomorrow but would like to say a couple of things. 1. I wish the future scenes were longer (just a personal want but I do haha) 2. I almost cried with old Magneto and Storm. Other than that it was epic, wish I had seen it in 2d but I am gonna have to go again. Possibly on my own...

if you expect a Wolverine and friend, he barely fight in the movie :cwink:.
So don't worry .

He has all but one action scene. Impressive.

He has all but one action scene. Impressive.

What?! But how about the thugs shooting at him? and the fight vs the sentinels on the 70s?

Not fighting on the future?

WHAT?!

I don't know if this is better than First Class or not. It has more of the mutants that I like and a killer ending, which I'm not about to spoil, but having seen it tonight, I can safely say that it is probably the X-Men movie most of the fans have been waiting for. And it is easily better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

The "feels" of the last 15 minutes is all I will say for now. That and surprisingly, McAvoy and Lawrence (though there screen time is extremely minimal) and that relationship seems to drive the film more than Wolverine, which is a nice surprise. The future scenes are there mostly for spectacle (making up about 25% to 30% of the flick), but they deliver.

I cannot wait to see what everyone else thinks tomorrow. This one is going to deliver to anyone who has liked a previous film in this franchise.

Last edited:
Seeing this Friday morning. Can't wait. I too want to know if colossus gets his due time on the big screen as well. I hope he does. He deserves it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"