Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge yes.

I think it's still a head scratcher to look back and see how the much much bigger Lord of the Rings books were only given 1 film each to tell their story yet the tiny by comparison hobbit gets 3 films to its name, even including the appendices that's still over-kill.

From some of the early reviews it sort of shows. At least with reference to the pace of the film and how it really takes a while to get going. It may pay off with the last film but we'll see if 3 films is pushing the material.

That phrase Bilbo says in Fellowship could easily apply with this series.

''I feel thin, like butter scraped over too much bread''.

That phrase Bilbo says in Fellowship could easily apply with this series.

''I feel thin, like butter scraped over too much bread''.

You're definitely the first person to come up with that comment... :o

Still nothing but negativity in here. :(

I hate that its become that way for you. I kinda defend the idea to save judgement for any movie till its seen. I have defended many films not just this hobbit movie. I'd rather talk about other things about the Hobbit then the 3D style which i am seeing in 2D anyways.

I hate that its become that way for you. I kinda defend the idea to save judgement for any movie till its seen. I have defended many films not just this hobbit movie. I'd rather talk about other things about the Hobbit then the 3D style which i am seeing in 2D anyways.
Aye, theres so much to talk about but all people seem to want to talk about is the 48fps, which i dont even care about

I thought the clip scene where Dwalin is attacking and killing Goblins was ok Effects wise. But people seem to think it was a bad scene.

It's what the internet was made for.

The movie seems to have pretty good overall buzz, though. It's just "not LOTR", which I don't think it was necessarily intended to be.

n7Aht.jpg

I think that is suppose to be dusk but i am betting it was morning when it was to be used here. But Hobbiton is really what made FOTR beautiful and a bit more fantasy then the last 2 in that trilogy.

I'm excited about the film, and it overall has a positive buzz so far. I think it will be a lot of fun.

But of course it will be different than LOTR. LOTR is more "high romance" epic whereas the Hobbit is a more "adventuring / Treasure Island" sort of thing.

So I'm watching the Fellowship right now, and I noticed that Frodo gets stabbed a lot. I wonder if Bilbo is any better at avoiding pointy things.

I'm excited about the film, and it overall has a positive buzz so far. I think it will be a lot of fun.

But of course it will be different than LOTR. LOTR is more "high romance" epic whereas the Hobbit is a more "adventuring / Treasure Island" sort of thing.

Which makes one wonder why the Hobbit is going to be nearly the same length as the LOTR trilogy...

So I'm watching the Fellowship right now, and I noticed that Frodo gets stabbed a lot. I wonder if Bilbo is any better at avoiding pointy things.

Much better.

Disagree. it's all about self indulgence in this case. Even the studio was surprised when Mr. Jackson pitched a third film.

Agree. This is a Peter Jackson indulgence of the highest order.

This thread is running in a tight circle. Every post is either 48fps or Peter's indulgence. Im out till I see the film.

I don't think Jackson is doing three films as an indulgence thing, I just think maybe he's misjudged the degree to which he needs to tell the story. Two films was fine, hell you could have even gotten by with one if he didn't bother about the Appendices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"