The official INCREDIBLE Hulk thread........... - Part 1

I'm quite interested in this, but a bit cautious. I don't know how another Bruce and Hulk split will go down, but I like Aaron's work so I'll give it a chance.

Oh yea, anyone else hear about the new Hulk series? "Hulk and Agents of S.M.A.S.H."

Is that a comic or a show?

New cartoon series, most likely loosely based off of Greg paks most recent run on hulk.

Yeah, it's not the first time they've been seperated
The last time was during the Heroes Reborn stuff, and that actually turned out to be a great time for the Hulk. His comic introduced the Thunderbolts and everything. :)

The last time was during the Heroes Reborn stuff, and that actually turned out to be a great time for the Hulk. His comic introduced the Thunderbolts and everything. :)

I loved that Hulk. He was just so damn moody.

Yeah, those were good times. I liked when he ran away and became an aborigine.

Found this little gem over on deviantART:

http://rsouza.deviantart.com/#/d4208tq

the_family_gama_color_by_rsouza-d4208tq.jpg

Here's something I posted on another board about Hulk and his insane Worldbreaker power levels -

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
That's an interesting theory, but I must confess, that the only justification I need to believe that Hulk can reach insane levels of power, is from the phrase that Marvel has been saying about him for 50 years, the madder he gets the stronger he gets and there is no limit to his anger.

When I first started reading Hulk comics around 1978-79, that was the phrase that stuck with me the most, as I'm sure it did most die-hard Hulk fans. I remember when I first read issue #242 where Hulk is fighting Tyrannus who had possession of the power of the Eternal Flame. In that issue the Hulk does something that the narration described as simply being impossible by all accounts, an angered Hulk tried to get his hands on Tyrannus who was within the field of the Flame, and was able to grab hold of something intangible, as if it were tangible. The field of energy blew up and I think it sent Hulk flying back. There was a Celestial present and the event even took hold of his curiosity if only for a second. That issue was one of the first Hulk comics I've read over and over until the spine was coming apart. Hulk has always been that character that can do the impossible. In many of the old Savage Hulk stories, the narration tells us Hulk shouldn't be able to do thus and thus, but as far as Hulk concerned it wouldn't matter.

All that to say Hulk has more going on with his physiology than most care to try to understand. It was either Roy Thomas or Roger Stern who said that gamma mutates are an expression of their repressed memories(thoughts). Bill Mantlo stated that Hulk is Banner's survival instinct, Paul Jenkins stated Hulk is Banner's self defense mechanism externalized (think about that), and Pak stated that Hulk has calculated attacks even in his Savage Hulk form due to Bruce Banner having an a ability similar to Amedeus Cho, being able to calculate on his surroundings. That being said, it's my belief that when the very corporeal Banner transforms to Hulk, the calculating creative mind of Bruce Banner becomes the incorporeal instinct, while the instinctive incorporeal survival apparatus becomes the very corporeal self.

What am I getting at? Hulk has many abilities that by all intents and purposes are illogical (because they are and so is every other character with super powers), but imagine that when Banner unleashes the gamma irradiated Hulk, he's releasing an intangible part of himself only its tangible and amped up to the most extreme levels of function...The part of the human 'soul' that regenerates cuts and bruises without you controlling or telling it to do so, the part of the human 'soul' that has no doubt no fear because the mind that stops it from progressing has become the quiet subconscious calculating instinct. The part of the human 'soul' that only believes in mind over matter and knows and can be convinced of nothing else. The part of the 'soul' that's eternal and refuses or can't die, because it doesn't knows no limits.

I was actually going to start a post, as I have a lot of free time now up til October, and invite my board buddies Ygor and Don P. and anyone else wanting to entertain the mechanics of the Hulk Banner relationship. You're invited when I do.
smile.gif

As far as the gamma energy and Hulk becoming an elemental force, there are many schools of thought, real world school of thought that conflicts with the Western Worlds theories and laws of science. There are esoteric and occult beliefs of the power of man and his true nature and goal in life. I'm not going to get too far into it on this board, as it puzzles me, that one act done by a particular character is silly, far-fetched or ridiculous, when if done by another character, its fine. There is an occult (secret) saying that states "Gods are immortal Men and Men are mortal Gods." Hulk's metaphor is liken to Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods and gave it to men. Which means he got it unjustly. Banner messing with science, and possibly himself, released a destructive power, that maybe he was unworthy of, and because of it the same power courses through his being and making his life a living hell. He's hunted and hounded and can never find peace. This power called Hulk. We have been told many times in various comics, Banner's other self Hulk, is...A Force of Nature...Cool Huh...only that power can not be controlled because...it's a Force of Nature...Hulk being a creature of Gamma and Cosmic energy, taps into these fields of unlimited power, which drives the beast to higher destructive planes of existence with said connection to the universe. There are schools of thought that suggest we all have higher 'bodies' that connect us to the entire universe when we reach the proper mindset, giving man great abilities, untold to the unlearned.

But anyway I'll leave you with this, I posted it on this board once...I thought it was interesting...Tell me what you think. Suppose Banner did what this guy is talking about...

Paradox And Power of Gamma Rays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrTr4...feature=relmfu
[/FONT]

Greg Paks last issue of The Incredible Hulks #635 was a gem like so much of his Hulk material. We finally see what is truly at the Heart of the Monster and it was no more than [DO NOT READ]
crazy ol' Bruce Banner!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!

It was cool that Pak gave props to Peter David and especially Bill Mantlo for paving the way. Not so cool was the fact that Rick and Betty are still Hulked out.

What is this "Destroy?" And who's that gimp with the bulbous red head?

Destroyers is a mini-series by Fred Van Lente focusing on some of the monster characters of the Marvel universe. The gimp with the bulbous red head is Karkas, one of the few Deviants from Earth who's not evil.

I'm gonna have to start paying attention to this thread because I plan on getting Aaron/Silvestri's Hulk. Anything I need to know other than the supporting cast is still shot to s**t?

Um... it's Marc Silvestri, so everyone isn't really made of spikes and 90-degree angles, they're just drawn to look that way?

Pak has honestly become my favorite Hulk writer. I love David, Loeb is a'ite, but Pak has been really been bringing that **** since WWH.

His run would have been so much better without that Poochie nonsense shoehorned in the middle of it.

Edit: Thanks for the info on Karkas. I honestly should have known that, the metal pants are a dead giveaway.

It was cool that Pak gave props to Peter David and especially Bill Mantlo for paving the way. Not so cool was the fact that Rick and Betty are still Hulked out.

You can actually see the influence of both Mantlo and PAD in Greg Pak's run. He truly picked two of the best Hulk writers to be influenced by.

I like Jennifer Walters' as She-Hulk, she has many fans and that is why Marvel is always trying to get her an ongoing that sticks, and Rick as A-Bomb is cool as well.

Pak has honestly become my favorite Hulk writer. I love David, Loeb is a'ite, but Pak has been really been bringing that **** since WWH.

I loved and still love all of the thought and genius that went into Peter David's Hulk runs, but I must admit that I enjoy a Hulk that is not inhibited that can cut loose and get stronger as he gets madder. I will always treasure PAD's run, but one of the biggest issues I had with it was that he handicapped the Hulk a lot. Whether it was his weaker Gray version or his Merged Hulk with the self-induced mental block that kept him from getting too strong. I have to admit that I like my Hulk written as a force of nature that is all but completely unstoppable and Pak has more than delivered. His stories have so much subtle depth to them that I think most people missed the point of some of them.

Pak Rules on Hulk!!!!

Since Planet Hulk even. :up:

Indeed.

Last edited:
Just read the finale of this arc and Pak's run. So glad Rick and Jen can toggle their Hulkness on and off now(Thing's gonna be so mad lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"