Official The Ultimates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people are being ****ing ridiculous to think Heroes sucks just because of Jeph Loeb. They have a team of more than 20 writers on that show, Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander are short and simple, the scapegoats. Loeb is a terrible comic book writer, but Heroes was actually pretty good the first season, Loeb was involved already, so to say"Oh Loeb was the problem" is ****ing fanboy foolishness.

This is exactly it. Loeb and Alexander are being used as huge scapegoats for the show poor quality. As a whole, the shows writing has not been good, and that involves more than just two people.

Yea but do you think Loeb was helping the situation? I'm not saying he is the sole purpose the show sunk but he obviously wasnt helping it get better.

Heroes sucks? season 3 has been great so far!

You might be right. I don't see it on the Diamond list for the past few weeks. I didn't order it so I thought it passed me.....

Ultimate Hulk Annual isn't scheduled to come out until Dec.
It was supposed to come out a while ago, though.

I thought so because I thought they had been solicited in the same previews book. But like I said I didn't order that one so I wasn't watching for it.

Yea but do you think Loeb was helping the situation? I'm not saying he is the sole purpose the show sunk but he obviously wasnt helping it get better.

I agree, can someone here tell me the last time Loeb wrote anything good or actually contributed anything to the comic world of significance, and no I dont mean the steroid pumped hawkeye whose a member of the nra.

I liked his Lupine arc in Wolverine even though he completely ignored Wild Child's actual origin by giving him a new one. I guess the back research was too much of a chore.... :p

Did Loeb ever explain why Janet changed her ethnicity between Vol.2 and 3?

Did Loeb ever explain why Janet changed her ethnicity between Vol.2 and 3?
Nice edit. I almost corrected you.

I doubt he even knows her ethnicity was changed. Just like I doubt he knows how different Thor is. In fact, I'm fairly sure Loeb & Mad only looked up Ultimates on Wikipedia before starting their run.

You people are being ****ing ridiculous to think Heroes sucks just because of Jeph Loeb. They have a team of more than 20 writers on that show, Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander are short and simple, the scapegoats. Loeb is a terrible comic book writer, but Heroes was actually pretty good the first season, Loeb was involved already, so to say"Oh Loeb was the problem" is ****ing fanboy foolishness.

Eh, I don't know. Loeb was also involved with season 2 of Lost, which was the worst season of the show. Then for season 3, Loeb left, Brian K. Vaughan came on board, and the quality of the show skyrocketed.

Eh, I don't know. Loeb was also involved with season 2 of Lost, which was the worst season of the show. Then for season 3, Loeb left, Brian K. Vaughan came on board, and the quality of the show skyrocketed.

That could do a lot more with the awesomeness of Brian K Vaughan than the crappiness of Jeph Loeb. Though, I think Lost is a horribly overrated television show.

Loeb also made Smallville semi-watchable, and that my friends, is a feat in on itself.

Nice edit. I almost corrected you.

:D

I doubt he even knows her ethnicity was changed. Just like I doubt he knows how different Thor is. In fact, I'm fairly sure Loeb & Mad only looked up Ultimates on Wikipedia before starting their run.

I'm sure I remember reading an interview where Loeb said he would explain this in Vol.3. Loeb definitely knew she had the wrong ethnicity.

I doubt Loeb or Mad even read the Ultimate wiki before making the series.

Last edited:
This is exactly it. Loeb and Alexander are being used as huge scapegoats for the show poor quality. As a whole, the shows writing has not been good, and that involves more than just two people.

They were both showrunners IIRC. That includes much more responsibility on a tv show then a random writer.

:D

I'm sure I remember reading an interview where Loeb said he would explain this in Vol.3. Loeb definitely knew she had the wrong ethnicity.

I doubt Loeb or Mad even read the Ultimate wiki before making the series.
Vol. 3 is done, right? Anyone know if anything was explained?

They were both showrunners IIRC. That includes much more responsibility on a tv show then a random writer.

Yes, and Tim Kring signed off on all their ideas and plots for his show, probably while counting stacks of money he was making on a mediocre at best show. It's his show, so he's not going to fire himself, but he is the end all and be all when it comes to the running of the show. He deserves all the blame.

Yes, and Tim Kring signed off on all their ideas and plots for his show, probably while counting stacks of money he was making on a mediocre at best show. It's his show, so he's not going to fire himself, but he is the end all and be all when it comes to the running of the show. He deserves all the blame.

Kring deserves some of the blame but not all of it. Loeb and the other guy were crucial in running that show, probably more so since they were more vital in setting up ideas and executing them from what you've said.

Yes, they were crucial in running the show during the first season when this was the biggest thing since slice bread, you know, made it popular. The second season was strike shortened, across the board television quality was down. And now it's supposedly getting good again and now they decide to fire them. Like I said, scapegoats.

Heroes has always sucked, it has just gotten worse and worse.

Aw come on, Heroes was damn good the first season, then the season finale sucked bad and ever since then it dipped in quality. How could you not at least like the first 15 episodes? Just asking.

The first half of the first season was quality TV.

Not really. I fell into the same trap all of you did. "Wow, a show about people with superpowers!" Watch those episodes again, they really do blow. The first 4 episodes are probably the best though.

I know nobody posts here for a while but i read Ultimates 1 and 2 and in the end the ultimates seemed to be ready to rename themselves the avengers as they stoped working for SHIELD, by the way, did Captain America just kill a 17 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"