Official The Ultimates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Hank Pym line was... eesh.

But, well, it all came together better than I expected. I think. I have no idea.

i'd like to see mad's dr. doom. i like the idea of doom using magneto to **** up humanty.

So....what did everyone think of the Ultimatum trailer? Usually i'm not a sucker for this kinda thing, but I've gotta admit Ultimatum's got me intrigued, plus I love Finch's art, i dont care what anybody says about him, he draws some cool looking heroes. The only think that has me worried is Loeb. He's been batting zero lately, I hope he can redeem himself with this book. It looks like it's going to be a good old fashioned "good vs. evil" event battle.

The trailer did intrigue me, and I too love Finch's art. But what wories me is Loeb. Sometimes he can be on fire and I love his stuff, and then I can be WTH? I hated his Ultimates run. :(

Seriously, that's gonna suck no matter how you look at it.

So, read Ultimate Origins #5 today, and...eh it was nothing really special. Bendis hyped this issue up as the issue that explains EVERYTHING and hows "it's all connected". But we really dont get any of that at all. There really is no big revelation, and no, the aftermath of Hulk killing Peter's parents isn't explored at all. The big twist at the end was a big "huh?", the Watchers needed to choose a herald and they chose [BLACKOUT]Rick Jones[/BLACKOUT] of all people. Ok...

So, is Ultimatum designed to neatly wrap up the Ultimate universe and end the line? I haven't been keeping up with sales numbers so I'm not sure if this is for real or just a sales gimmic.

So, is Ultimatum designed to neatly wrap up the Ultimate universe and end the line? I haven't been keeping up with sales numbers so I'm not sure if this is for real or just a sales gimmic.
the line will continue but UFF and UXM will be canceled after Ultimatum. In their place will be Ultimates 4 and Ultimate Avengers.

So is Ultimates 4 coming out before the end of Ultimates 3?

And Ultimate Avengers? Aren't the Ultimate Avengers the, um, Ultimates?

From an interview with Loeb I just watched on YouTube made it sound like X-Men and stuff were getting shut down but they'd be back sooner or later. I'll see if I can find the video.

Look, just stop reading the Ultimate line and all these headaches will be eliminated.

Last edited:
So is Ultimates 4 coming out before the end of Ultimates 3?
Uh Ultimates 3 is already over. Issue 5 came out acouple weeks ago.

And Ultimate Avengers? Aren't the Ultimate Avengers the, um, Ultimates?
Ult 4 will follow where Ult 3 left off and Ultimate Avengers is gonna consist of whoevers left standing after Ultimatum.

From an interview with Loeb I just watched on YouTube made it sound like X-Men and stuff were getting shut down but they'd be back sooner or later. I'll see if I can find the video.
Heres hoping they come back in a new series but for now UXM is done come Ultimatum.

Uh Ultimates 3 is already over. Issue 5 came out acouple weeks ago.
Really?! So we'll be getting a better artist soon then.

That also means I can buy the tpb soon coz that won't be far off hopfuly.

Look, just stop reading the Ultimate line and all these headaches will be eliminated.

Yup.

I stopped reading after Ultimates 2; occasionally coming on this thread from time to time and reading peoples many, many gripes makes me feel vindicated in my decison.

So...preview for Ultimatum is up :
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18668

I must say, even though i am a sucker for Finch's art, Loeb's dialogue and characterization has completely drained any anticipation i had for this series, even this preview has me worried. How is Millar and Bendis allowing Loeb to destroy their characters like this?? And quick side note, it looks like Gwen Stacy is back permanently!

I must say, even though i am a sucker for Finch's art, Loeb's dialogue and characterization has completely drained any anticipation i had for this series, even this preview has me worried. How is Millar and Bendis allowing Loeb to destroy their characters like this?? And quick side note, it looks like Gwen Stacy is back permanently!
I just have to say: what's up with the way he bolds names in dialogue? Every time someone said another person's name in the preview, it was in bold. It makes the sentences feel really unnatural, like everyone's mad at each other.

"At your age, Johnny, your sister Susan was already--"

"Are you sure about this, Hank?"

"You doing okay, Gwen?"

"With everything that's happened to me, Mary Jane..."

It's like everyone is living in a super-corny soap opera.

"Hello, Linda."
"Hello, Anne."
"How's Bob?"
"You would know, wouldn't you Anne?"
"Janet!"
"Brad!"
"Dr. Scott!"

I agree.

"Do you think its possible to swim in a martini?"(not exact qoute)

We get it....he's an alcoholic.
:facepalm

...Seriously, what the hell happened to Loeb?

Some say you can pinpoint the drop in quality of Loeb's writing to when his son died a few years ago.

On a slightly unrelated note, Loeb just got fired as executive producer of 'Heroes'. I dont know if Loeb's to blame for the show's decline in quality but i must admit i am relieved that he is no longer running the show. I love Heroes but it has been sucking bad lately. Loeb really needs to sit down and think about what it is he's doing wrong with comics and tv. If Ultimatum sucks then this could be the end of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"