Official The Ultimates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the lack luster writing for Heroes been his fault? I thought it was more of a collaborative effort.

Look at the characterization the show has been portraying lately, tell me that doesn't scream "Jeph Loeb".

You people are being ****ing ridiculous to think Heroes sucks just because of Jeph Loeb. They have a team of more than 20 writers on that show, Jeph Loeb and Jesse Alexander are short and simple, the scapegoats. Loeb is a terrible comic book writer, but Heroes was actually pretty good the first season, Loeb was involved already, so to say"Oh Loeb was the problem" is ****ing fanboy foolishness.

if "Captain America: White" is decent, then Loeb will still have a place in comics, even if "Ultimatum" does end up horrible.

good call on the potential turning point for Loeb's writing. I was thinking that event had an adverse effect as well.

Everyone has been raving on about the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual in the last few weeks, is there a new Ultimates Annual this year?

if "Captain America: White" is decent, then Loeb will still have a place in comics, even if "Ultimatum" does end up horrible.

good call on the potential turning point for Loeb's writing. I was thinking that event had an adverse effect as well.
What Captain America White? They solicited one issue out of six and we never heard from it again. I don't think we'll be seeing that for a long time....

Everyone has been raving on about the Ultimate Spider-Man Annual in the last few weeks, is there a new Ultimates Annual this year?
There was an Ultimate Captain America annual that featured Black Panther that was quite good and another that had Hulk in it, but there wasn't an Ultimates annual per se...

They have an Ultimates Annual, it's called Ultimates.

There was an Ultimate Captain America annual that featured Black Panther that was quite good and another that had Hulk in it, but there wasn't an Ultimates annual per se...
Ultimate Captain America annual was what they did last year, sort of. It was Cap and Falcon.

If you think about it, Ultimatum is the kinda story thats really hard to mess up. I mean, it more or less writes itself: Magneto's kids are dead, he's pissed off, mankind must pay the ultimate price. Its an easy story to write, all Loeb has to do is basically construct one big "everybody vs magneto" story and it should be a success. Admittedly, his Ultimates 3 was doomed from day one because he had to follow in Millar's footsteps which is more or less impossible, but this is much much less complicated story, its a big blockbuster. All Loeb has to worry about is WRITING PEOPLE IN CHARACTER! Is that so hard??!

Last edited:
Well, truth be told, a lot of the crappy episodes may have been the guys that got fired fault. With the way Loeb's been writing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly his.

I just want to know who to blame for the season one finale. Try as I might, I still can't figure out why Nikki joined in the fight.

I can't figure out why she joined and didn't do s**t. Or why the fight was so lame to begin with. All that build up and .....blah. Then Season 2. Oy.

Season 3 has been pretty good, but the shows lost it's luster. If it got canceled tomorrow, I wouldn't give a s**t.

On the other hand, Pushing Daisies and Always Sunny are the best it's ever been. :up:

Right. First she joined the fight for no real reason, then all she does it hit Sylar once and step back.

Complete and utter waste of time. The tiny scuffles between Syler and Peter this season have been more exciting than that was.

And why does every season need to involve time travel? ENOUGH with the time traveling and the apocalyptic futures, we've been there and done that too many times already. Time travel only makes things confusing. Heroes needs to just stick to the present and focus on the characters mastering their powers to fight bad guys, simple and plain.

Last edited:
Really. And the whole "Save the World" thing....just stupid. Some of the dialog makes me wanna kick a cat. Well, most anything makes me wanna kick a cat, including cats, but you know what I mean. :o

Season 3 has been pretty good, but the shows lost it's luster. If it got canceled tomorrow, I wouldn't give a s**t.

Season 2 slumped. Season 3 is better but trying far to hard to "one up itself" and is getting a little ahead of itself. I feel that if its given a chance at Season 4 (after a S2 slump and S3 overzealous bail out) it can get back on track.

First I thought this was kinda off topic but quite possibly analogous to Ult 3 (as S2) and Ultimatum (as S3) but overall I'll have to wait to form an opinion on Ultimatum

Wait the Ult Hulk annual has already come out?! I thought it was coming out in Nov?

Wait the Ult Hulk annual has already come out?! I thought it was coming out in Nov?
You might be right. I don't see it on the Diamond list for the past few weeks. I didn't order it so I thought it passed me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"