One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

OneUniverseRPG

Civilian
Reaction score
Welcome to the One Earth
The Marvel/DC RPG Season I
oneearth2.png

Gamemasters: Carnage27, Byrd Man

This is a universe of good and evil. Since the beginning of time these two forces have raged against each other in a never ending struggle for supremacy. Across the galaxy wars have been fought to gain the upper hand, tearing apart the world of Urgrund into the worlds of New Genesis and Apokolips a millennia ago, creating a rift between the New Gods.

The Guardians of the Universe, believing it was their job to protect peace in the cosmos created the Green Lantern Corps to use willpower to drive back the darkness.

But evil and violence cannot always be repelled. The Skrull-Thanagar War threatened to engulf the galaxy, taking the entire power of the Corps to hold back the tide. The conflict continued until the world-eater Galactus devoured key planets on each side, destabilizing both combatant’s forces, and decimating the Corps.

Eventually, the planet Krypton was destroyed, but one known survivor was sent towards a small blue planet orbiting the sun designated Sol. Earth. A planet inhabited by the dominant race of homo-sapien. A primitive race compared to some, but with the capacity for greatness.

Even then, this world was not safe from similar conflicts that plagued the stars, the greatest of which came in the middle of humanity’s 20th recorded century. Adolf Hitler and his Nazi regime threatened to blanket the world powered on by the Spear of Destiny and the HYDRA deep science division.

But the tide was turned by human ingenuity and bravery. A scrawny kid from Brooklyn is transformed into Captain America, and he leads a group of heroes into the fray of World War II which includes the likes of The Flash, Wildcat, Union Jack, Doctor Fate, and Green Lantern. They were known as The Invaders, and they almost single-handedly turned the tide of the war.

But at the tail end of the war, Cap was lost on a mission to destroy one of HYDRA’s secret facilities, and in a response to losing their secret weapon, President Harry Truman dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan, bringing the war to a close. The majority of The Invaders returned home to America, forming the Justice Society with other costume adventurers. They spent the next two decades stopping crime across the country, until they felt they were no longer needed, and nothing more than old men attempting to relive past glories.

Around this same time, the human race enters its next stage of evolution in earnest, creating mutants all over the globe. This new development, and humanity’s response, will lead two men to create a safe haven for the new sub-species, and will eventually drive them to polar opposite sides.

As time went on, Earth continued to change. Kal-El, Krypton’s last son, arrives on the planet and is found and adopted by Jonathon and Martha Kent in Smallville, Kansas. In Gotham, the Wayne family walks down a darkened alley, and Bruce Wayne is the only one to leave it alive, his parents gunned down. In a garage in California, Tony Stark tinkers with one of his father’s cars, testing his mechanical genius. Hal Jordan dreams of flying planes as he watches the night sky.

Two decades later, the time is now. Earth has become a world filled with cynicism and fear, and the universe is as dangerous as ever. The time is ripe for new heroes to rise and lead a desperate populace. In Metropolis, Superman soars in the sky, protecting all those that need it. On the planet Asgard, a prideful god is banished to Midgard. A teenager swings through the skyscrapers of New York in red and blue, the people calling him “Spider-man”. In Gotham, the Batman wages a war against organized crime and corruption. A war that threatens to drive the city even deeper down the rabbit hole. A group of young mutants trained by Charles Xavier begins to protect humanity from the threat of the Brotherhood. In Keystone City, a new scarlet speedster stops crime with blinding speed. And a woman from a forgotten land arrives in the World of Men.

This is the time of The One Earth RPG.

RULES
  • You may have two characters
  • You may choose any character from both universes, but no custom or Amalgam characters such as Darkclaw or Super Soldier will be allowed.
  • All characters can interact with each other, it is the same universe.
  • No Killing. Unnamed, faceless NPC's may be killed, but not major characters, or taken characters. Someone else may want to take up the character, or they may be important to another story.
  • You can go anywhere within the galaxy except planets already known to be destroyed, such as Krypton, although if you have the ability you may visit the ruins or asteroids.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Talk like them, use their dialogue. Do not exaggerate your powers, or pop-up here and there without explanation. BE Your character.
  • Several stories can be going at once, and you have the freedom to interact with other characters.
  • You must post at least once every ten days, though it is preferred that you post more. If you go ten days without a post, your character is up for grabs.
  • Be serious, no slander, or impractical actions from your character. Example; "I found a crystal and now I own the world! You're all my slaves!"
  • If a major character is applied for, there will be a 24 hour period for other applicants. If there are multiple applications, the GM's will decide who gets the character. Less popular characters can be given out on a first come, first server basis.
  • Due to inactivity and uncertainty, all players from the previous season will have to re-apply for their character(s). You may copy/paste posts from a prior Season to use as sample posts. However, you will still have to re-apply with the new applications.
  • And of course, all regular rules of the Hype apply.
  • Have fun.

If you'd like to play, fill out the following application:

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play:

Powers:

Brief history of the character:

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

Post a picture of your character:
[/FONT]​

Last edited by a moderator:
ROSTER

Heroes of the One Earth

Batman
(Byrd Man)

Captain America
(Carnage27)

Carol Danvers
(Eddie Brock)

The Flash
(Batman)

Green Lantern

(Carnage27)

Hulk
(MST3K_4ever)

Iron Man
(bkhedr)

Mister Fantastic
(Byrd Man)

Spider-man
(Andy C)

Superman

(Batman)

Thor
(bkhedr)

Walking the Line

Moon Knight
(Optikal)

The Punisher
(Byrd Man)

Villains of the One Earth

The Gorgon
(bkhedr)

The Joker
(Andy C)

Lex Luthor
(MST3K_4ever)

Poison Ivy
(Carnage27)

Taskmaster
(Johnny Blaze)

Last edited:

Character you would like to play:

J’onn J’onzz, The Martian Manhunter

Powers:

Super Strength, Super Speed, Enhanced Senses, Increased Endurance, Invisibility, Intangibility, Shapeshifting, Telepathy, Healing Factor, Flight, “Martian Vision”

I, J’onn J’onzz, was born roughly 1000 Earth years ago on Ma'aleca'andra, the planet you call “Mars”. I had a family there, my wife M'yri'ah and my beloved daughter, K’hym, and was well loved by the people I served as a Manhunter (roughly the equivalent of an Earth Federal Marshal). Then, the Curse struck. H’ronmeer’s Curse, named for the Martian God of Fire, Light, Life and Death, was a psionic plague, traveling like literal wildfire throughout the telepathic Martian community. It filled the mind with thoughts of fire, the greatest single fear of any Martian, to the point of causing physical combustion. In order to save myself, I had to close my mind to those around me, a decision forcing me to watch my wife and daughter die as they failed to do the same. For many a year afterwards, I wandered Mars alone, the sole undertaker of a planet wide graveyard.

I was brought to Earth in November of 1955 by accident when an experiment of Dr. Saul Erdel’s went awry. Dr. Erdel, shocked by my alien appearance, died from heart failure soon after, leaving me alone, a stranger in a strange land. My feelings on this were mixed. On one hand, I was terrified at my new surroundings, on the other, I was elated at the opportunity for interpersonal contact once more. Disguising myself as an Earthling, I spent years traveling this planet, using my abilities in secret to aid any I came across.

In September of 1995, my path crossed with that of Professor Charles Xavier. He was a mutant, a species that was considered the next stage in the evolution of Homo sapiens, and as such, he and his small group of protogés, were feared by “normal” humans. This fear by those who do not expect or understand them was what originally made me sympathetic to their cause. Actually meeting Charles is what made me see a kindred spirit in the man. Though not a mutant myself, I became an ally to him and his team, and eventually joined his “X-Men” and took a position as a teacher at his School for Gifted Youngsters.

Today, though my true family on Mars is long gone from this existence, I have found a new home, and a new family among these fellow outcasts. I am J’onn J’onzz, Martian Manhunter, X-Man.

I love the character, he’s my favorite fictional character ever, to be honest, and I’ve been itching to play him again.

As of right now, I plan on having him help establish the X-Men, and do some soul-searching of his own. I have some other plans for later on.

What can you bring to this game?:

Fleas.

Bold Green

At least once, possibly more.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

“You must look deep within yourself, Anna.” I say to the young woman seated across from me. I do not pry without permission, but nonetheless, I can sense the apprehension and fear radiating from her mind. “You must calm the voices in your mind. Do not pay them heed. Focus on yourself.”

“Ah… ah’m trying, Mr. J’onzz.” Anna Marie stutters, her eyes squeezed closed as she fights the myriad of mindscapes that clash with hers.

This is not the so-called “Danger Room” class that Logan teaches, but this private session is not without its peril. Anna Marie, otherwise known as “Rogue”, has a terrifying mutant ability. Skin to skin contact with her causes a reactionary response within her biology that absorbs the psyche and abilities of the other person. She discovered this when her first boyfriend attempted to kiss her. It nearly killed him, and almost destroyed her mind. Due to the way the transfer is both physiological and psionic, Charles, Henry and I all agreed that I would be the best to try and help her control the ability she sees as a curse.

The transfer happens unconsciously, as a reflex. Given her nervousness at the time of first manifestation, and the continued stress and worrying in subsequent accidental contacts, I am convinced that it is a defensive mechanism, triggered by her unknowing fear of herself and others. To eliminate such fear, we sit alone in a small, dimly lit room without furnishing, and I begin each session teaching her meditation and calming methods. This is our third such session.

“Anna, just relax. You are doing well, but you know you must relax. Open your eyes for a moment.” She complies, brushing her hair, auburn with a white streak, from her face. “Sit up straight, but not too rigidly. You must be comfortable and focused.”

“That’s hard t’ do.”

“I know.” I assume the posture myself, “Do as I do.” She mimics my position and closes her eyes gently as I do. “We are going to make mental contact again. Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

I enter her mind, scanning her thoughts and finding where she is focusing. I join here in that portion of her mind. My scans of Rogue reinforce my hypothesis. Her psyche is a fearful place, a mindscape’s equivalent of a haunted house. Fragments of minds float here and there, literally moaning and wailing as they go. I marvel, not for the first time, at the girl’s mental strength. Lesser minds would have gone insane long ago. It makes me confident that she can eventually control her gift.

1912498-martian_manhunter__001__02_.png

Character you would like to play: Steve Rogers/Captain America

Powers: Captain America was turned into America’s one and only super-soldier during World War II. The serum that changed the 90 pound weakling into one of the greatest human specimens of all time granted Steve with superhuman strength, agility, speed, durability, dexterity, and stamina. Steve can also heal broken bones in a day or two, and is capable of shrugging off gunshot wounds or stab wounds in a few hours.

On top of these abilities, Cap is a master martial artist, marksman, strategist, and tactician. Steve is also a master shield combatant using his Vibranium shield.

Brief history of the character: Steve Rogers was a 90-pound, asthmatic weakling when Japan launched a sneak attack on the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor. When America joined World War II, Steve wanted nothing more than to join the army and fight for his country as his father had. Unfortunately, Steve’s frailties caused him to be rejected time after time.

But on one of his many trips, and rejections, to the recruiting office, Steve caught the eye of Dr. Abraham Erskine, who was the lead scientist for America’s super soldier project. Erskine drafted Steve into the program due to his heart and will, instead of physical abilities, believe it is the man inside the serum actually brings out.

Thanks to Erskine’s serum, as well as Howard Stark’s technical wizardry, Steve was turned into Captain America, and was supposed to be the first in America’s line of super-soldiers. Unfortunately, an agent of HYDRA, a Nazi deep science division, infiltrated the procedure and killed Erskine, leaving Steve as the one and only serum subject.

But all was not lost. With the help of a young soldier named Nick Fury, Captain America put together a group of super-human warriors in order to stop HYDRA and Hitler, who now possessed the Spear of Destiny. They brought together The Flash Jay Garrick, Green Lantern Allan Scott, Wildcat Ted Grant, as well as the android Human Torch, Union Jack, the first Hourman, and the first Sandman. Together they made The Invaders, a group of super-powered individuals whose goal was to find and stop the Nazi’s paranormal and super-powered threats. Along with the super team, they were supported by the Howling Commandos, led by Fury.

While in Europe, Fury also assigned a young man, James Buchanan Barnes to Cap as a side-kick of sorts. In reality, the young man was trained as a black-ops soldier in order to fulfill missions the government deemed to controversial for Cap to do. Even though Steve was wary at having an under-aged soldier on the team, the two quickly became friends.

Near the end of the European theater of the war, Captain America and The Invaders split up in order to complete separate missions. Steve took Bucky, Hourman, Sandman, and Union Jack along with the Howling Commandos on a mission to destroy HYDRA’s last weapons facility in the Arctic. The mission turned out to be a bloodbath, with Hourman and Union Jack falling in battle, as well as Bucky apparently dying in an ice fissure. In the end, Captain America was also lost in the ice after intentionally crashing a prototype plane piloted by HYDRA’s leader Johan Schmidt aka the Red Skull.

Due to Steve’s enhanced physiology, he was cryogenically frozen by the low temperatures instead of freezing to death, and now he waits in a frozen sleep, ready to join the 21st century.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I’ve always enjoyed Captain America, but in recent years he’s become more and more a favorite of mine. He’s got the indomitable will and iron-strong morals of Superman while also being a man outside of his own time, transported to our time by the war that created him.

What are your plans for the character? Do you have a story: Cap is the Marvel Universe’s moral center. He’s necessary for a game like this. Also, I’ve got very long term plans for him. His unfreezing, introduction to modern society, his first team out of the ice, and some other great stories I have planned with other characters.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Franklin Gothic Medium Bold

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Depends on what else is going on, but I’ll post at least once every other day.

A grenade explodes in front of me, shrapnel slamming against my shield as I bring it in front of me. I keep it there, pushing up the beach as machine gun fire rips through the air, and soldiers fall left and right behind me. But we charge on, not caring what happens to the individual, only worried about the mission before us.

I reach a sand dune and throw myself behind it, my men doing the same for cover. The machinegun nest we’ve been tasked with taking out is only one hundred yards away, but it might as well be a mile. The fire coming from the enemy is heavy, and I know the majority of the men hunkered down beside me won’t be making it back to the women the love and the families they’ve left behind.

But I also know that if we don’t succeed, if this mission is a failure, their families’ very way off life will be threatened by the greatest evil this world has ever seen.

They all look to me for their next order, but the fear in their eyes betrays that they know what’s to come.

“Okay. You all know what’s coming. You all know what we have to do. It’s not gonna be pretty, and most of us probably won’t make it back. But remember this, after today, your names will be legend. Every man, woman, and child in America and around the world will thank you for their freedom and safety. Remember that as you go over this hill and you will live forever.”

I feel their confidence grow, and I don’t waste any more time. I push myself over the dune, my shield leading the way, gleaming like the flag.

ULTORIG002_CVR.jpg

Now to write the other app that I lost when my computer restarted itself...

EDIT: Also, dunno if anyone saw in the rules, but we've got a TEN day limit on inactivity. Yes. Ten.

J’onn J’onzz, The Martian Manhunter

Powers:

Super Strength, Super Speed, Enhanced Senses, Increased Endurance, Invisibility, Intangibility, Shapeshifting, Telepathy, Healing Factor, Flight, “Martian Vision”

I, J’onn J’onzz, was born roughly 1000 Earth years ago on Ma'aleca'andra, the planet you call “Mars”. I had a family there, my wife M'yri'ah and my beloved daughter, K’hym, and was well loved by the people I served as a Manhunter (roughly the equivalent of an Earth Federal Marshal). Then, the Curse struck. H’ronmeer’s Curse, named for the Martian God of Fire, Light, Life and Death, was a psionic plague, traveling like literal wildfire throughout the telepathic Martian community. It filled the mind with thoughts of fire, the greatest single fear of any Martian, to the point of causing physical combustion. In order to save myself, I had to close my mind to those around me, a decision forcing me to watch my wife and daughter die as they failed to do the same. For many a year afterwards, I wandered Mars alone, the sole undertaker of a planet wide graveyard.

I was brought to Earth in November of 1955 by accident when an experiment of Dr. Saul Erdel’s went awry. Dr. Erdel, shocked by my alien appearance, died from heart failure soon after, leaving me alone, a stranger in a strange land. My feelings on this were mixed. On one hand, I was terrified at my new surroundings, on the other, I was elated at the opportunity for interpersonal contact once more. Disguising myself as an Earthling, I spent years traveling this planet, using my abilities in secret to aid any I came across.

In September of 1995, my path crossed with that of Professor Charles Xavier. He was a mutant, a species that was considered the next stage in the evolution of Homo sapiens, and as such, he and his small group of protogés, were feared by “normal” humans. This fear by those who do not expect or understand them was what originally made me sympathetic to their cause. Actually meeting Charles is what made me see a kindred spirit in the man. Though not a mutant myself, I became an ally to him and his team, and eventually joined his “X-Men” and took a position as a teacher at his School for Gifted Youngsters.

Today, though my true family on Mars is long gone from this existence, I have found a new home, and a new family among these fellow outcasts. I am J’onn J’onzz, Martian Manhunter, X-Man.

I love the character, he’s my favorite fictional character ever, to be honest, and I’ve been itching to play him again.

As of right now, I plan on having him help establish the X-Men, and do some soul-searching of his own. I have some other plans for later on.

Fleas.

Bold Green

“You must look deep within yourself, Anna.” I say to the young woman seated across from me. I do not pry without permission, but nonetheless, I can sense the apprehension and fear radiating from her mind. “You must calm the voices in your mind. Do not pay them heed. Focus on yourself.”

“Ah… ah’m trying, Mr. J’onzz.” Anna Marie stutters, her eyes squeezed closed as she fights the myriad of mindscapes that clash with hers.

This is not the so-called “Danger Room” class that Logan teaches, but this private session is not without its peril. Anna Marie, otherwise known as “Rogue”, has a terrifying mutant ability. Skin to skin contact with her causes a reactionary response within her biology that absorbs the psyche and abilities of the other person. She discovered this when her first boyfriend attempted to kiss her. It nearly killed him, and almost destroyed her mind. Due to the way the transfer is both physiological and psionic, Charles, Henry and I all agreed that I would be the best to try and help her control the ability she sees as a curse.

The transfer happens unconsciously, as a reflex. Given her nervousness at the time of first manifestation, and the continued stress and worrying in subsequent accidental contacts, I am convinced that it is a defensive mechanism, triggered by her unknowing fear of herself and others. To eliminate such fear, we sit alone in a small, dimly lit room without furnishing, and I begin each session teaching her meditation and calming methods. This is our third such session.

“Anna, just relax. You are doing well, but you know you must relax. Open your eyes for a moment.” She complies, brushing her hair, auburn with a white streak, from her face. “Sit up straight, but not too rigidly. You must be comfortable and focused.”

“That’s hard t’ do.”

“I know.” I assume the posture myself, “Do as I do.” She mimics my position and closes her eyes gently as I do. “We are going to make mental contact again. Are you ready?”

“Yes.”

I enter her mind, scanning her thoughts and finding where she is focusing. I join here in that portion of her mind. My scans of Rogue reinforce my hypothesis. Her psyche is a fearful place, a mindscape’s equivalent of a haunted house. Fragments of minds float here and there, literally moaning and wailing as they go. I marvel, not for the first time, at the girl’s mental strength. Lesser minds would have gone insane long ago. It makes me confident that she can eventually control her gift.

1912498-martian_manhunter__001__02_.png

Best.

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play:

Katherine "Kitty" Pryde, Shadowcat

Powers:

Has the power to go intangible, therefore phasing through solid materials. Through this power she is also able to walk on air, and take other people she touches intangible as well. However the more people she attempts this with, the more concentration it takes.

Kitty was 15 when her mutant power manifested itself during a nightmare. She fell through the bed, and her second floor room and landed in the kitchen. Her parents, Carmen and Theresa Pryde; specifically her father Carmen worried about her. He was the son of a Nazi concentration camp survivor and with the persecution of mutants hitting a swell, he wanted his daughter to be safe from that. He reached out to Professor Xavier, and Kitty has been welcomed into the school with open arms. She is in her second year at the school and excelling in most of her classes.

She's my favorite Marvel character and I had fun playing her in the previous OU game. Also, the X-Men stuff we are working on intrigues me.

I would like to have her advance from an inexperienced student to a full-fledged team member, over time. At this point she's basically going to be tagging along with Wolverine, calling herself his sidekick despite him.

Verdana, this color purple

As many as I need to

Man, I don't think Dad knew what he was throwing me into. I love it here, but safe isn't necessarily the operating word most of the time. Between worrying about the Brotherhood and just your standard run of the mill white supremacist bigots, we spend a lot of time in self defense classes in the Danger Room.

The professors are awesome. My favorites are definitely Mr. J'onzz and Mr. Logan. Mr. J'onzz has definitely helped me the most with my abilities, since he can phase too. I'm excited, because today is my first solo run through the Danger Room. Dr. McCoy's on standby to bail me out if I need it, but hopefully I don't.

I step into the room and the lights dim for effect. A split second later and a bar comes hurtling down from the ceiling at me. Instinctively I brace for the impact, and close my eyes. Nothing hits me, and I breathe a sigh of relief when I realize how lucky I just got that my ability kicked in instinctively. I open my eyes and I'm staring in the middle of block of metal. I focus a little and allow myself to drop below the floor. I can see the mechanical workings of the traps that are set in the floor, there are pits and spikes and all sorts of dangerous things.

I pop back above the surface in time to watch a ball of flame pass through my body. Yikes, they sure don't pull punches here! I can see the end of the room, along with the button to end the session about ten feet in front of me. Mr. Logan's on the other side of that two way mirror, running the room. Which means even though the room really can't see me, he can. So it comes as no surprise when a wall shoots up in front of me, right before the target. Easy peezy, its a wall.

Or so I thought, as I started to phase into it and my arm started to throb in pain. Crapola. It's gotta be Nth metal. Focus Kitty, focus. I push, but the more I try the more it hurts. My head feels like it is going to explode, and my arm is burning, as I get close to my shoulder. I try to go a little further and white spots dance in my eyes, and everything goes black.

When I wake up I'm in the infirmary. Darnit. Seems all of the teachers are here too. Great. I look like a putz.

"I'm sorry. Guess I wasn't ready."

"Nonsense Miss Pryde. You did admirably. You should have heard Professor Logan when you hit the switch. Even with my vocabulary, some of those words were new to my ears."

[/FONT]I let the words sink in. I hit the switch? How? I look at Dr. McCoy's face, but it's hard to tell if he's lying under all that blue fur, but why would he be?

"I did it? YES!!!"
[FONT=&quot]

picture10og.png

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play: [/FONT]Batman/Bruce Wayne
[FONT=&quot]
Powers:
[/FONT]None
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Bruce Wayne was born into a wealthy family in Gotham City. When he was just a boy, he watched his parents murder at the hands of an unknown mugger. As he watched his parent's blood run down the city streets, he made a pledge that night. He would do anything it too to avenge their murder.

Bruce left home as a teen and traveled the world, studying with the likes of master detective Henri Ducard in Paris, skilled hunter Sergi Kravinoff in Africa, and the blind martial artist master Stick in Asia. All told, Bruce spent nearly ten years abroad. He returned to Gotham last year, ready to begin his quest for vengeance. The only thing he needed was a symbol. After a disastrous first night out, Bruce realized he needed something to strike fear into the heart of criminals. That was when a bat came crashing through his study. Remembering his childhood fear of bats, he adopted the animal as a symbol and became Batman.

Now a year later, Batman continues to wage a war on the Gotham underworld, the corrupt police and politicians, and the growing number of outlandish rogues.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]I like to think I'm one of the biggest Batman fan on the board, so I have a love and knowledge of the character. He's my favorite comic book character and I still have unused storylines from my run of World of Heroes I want to use.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]I have more than a few stories I want to tell with Batty. Everything from fighting Joker and Marvel baddies to the introduction of Robin.
[FONT=&quot]
Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Trebuchet MS and bold for Batman/
non-bolded for Bruce

[/FONT]Much as needed.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]I gently lift up the window pane and step lightly inside the Ace Chemical plant. Working over dealers and drug addicts for the past two nights has led me here, the point of origin for Gotham's latest drug epidemic.

For the past three months, Gotham City junkies all over the city have been dropping dead from overdoses. The heroin they've been shooting up has been purer than anything they've ever had. The GCPD really doesn't care. As far as they're concerned, who cares if another junkie drops dead?

I creep through the shadows of the plant, activating the ultraviolet lenses in my cowl as I approach the plant's chemical vats. There's fresh residue all over. The plant has been inactive for over ten years now. I rub my finger through the vat and get residue on my finger tip. That should be more than enough sample for the computers in my suit and in the cave. It takes just a few seconds to comb through the database before the results show up on my HUD.
Residue Result:

75% Diacetylmorphine aka Heroin
Street name: "Up, Up, and Away!"

15% Inositol
Primarily use: cutting agent

10% Unknown Substance

No matches with known chemicals in database

The results are interesting to say the least. Three quarters pure heroin is more than enough to kill almost all the junkies in the city and tri-county area who grew up with shots of heroin cut down to ten and five percent. But it's the unknown substance that interest me the most. My databases are connected to the drug and chemical databanks of the DEA and ATF. There's no known chemical compound that they don't have.

I can work on that later. For now, I need to keep climbing the ladder. I've taken out most of the street dealers and middlemen, now it's time to take out the source.

The sound of a door opening a few hundred feet away draws my attention. I meld back into the shadows as three men enter the room. One of them towers over the others while one wears a three-piece suit and the third is dressed like a cowboy with a lasso on his hip. I deactivate the UV lenses and boot up the facial recognition software.

"Can we go get some burgers?" The large man asks his two smaller partners.

Identified:
Raymond Bloch aka Ray Block aka Ox
Three arrests for assault & armed robbery
Known associates: Daniel Brito & Jackson Brice
Known method(s) of attack: Brute strength

"We got a job to do, Ox. Stop thinking with your stomach all the time!" The man in the suit says.

Identified:
Daniel Brtio aka Fancy Dan
Arrests for shoplifting, kidnapping, & racketeering

Known associates: Raymond Bloch & Jackson Brice
Known method(s) of attack: Guns, martial arts

"Wish ya'll would pipe the hell down!"The cowboy grumbles. "It's three in the goddamn morning!"

Identified:
Jackson Brice aka Montana
Arrests for armed robbery & kidnapping
Known associates: Raymond Bloch & Daniel Brito
Known method of attack(s): Lasso, knives

Three of them to the one of me. The one called Ox might be a problem. Pulling a small pad from my belt, I stick it to my glove and creep through the dark as they continue to talk.

"Willie got pinched last night by the cops."

"Wasn't the cops that did it. It was that freak Batman. The cops were just on clean-up duty."

"Damn. Willie didn't know this is where we make the H is it?"

"Naah, we always used Sam as a buffer. He came here to pick the s*** up and then pass it on to Willie and the others."

What they don't know is that Sam Stephens is hanging from a light pole in the East End, unconscious with a broke arm.

"Well, if the Batman comes...I'll be ready. I don't give a damn what he can do. Nobody can beat the Ox!"

Taking the opening, I flick the pad and watch it twirl through the air. My aim is true and it sticks against Ox's neck, sending out a one time burst of 20,000 volts.

"Ggggk!"

The big man crumples to the ground and convulses as his two friends suddenly put their guards. Dan pulls out a gun while Montana takes the lasso off his hip. A batarang knocks the gun from Dan's hand, while another one slices Montana's lasso into two bits of rope. That's when I spring out of the shadows, kicking Montana in the chest and driving him to the ground. I slam my fist into his face and knock him unconscious.

I charge towards Dan, who goes into a defensive stance. He counters my karate chop and attacks with a roundhouse kick. I step back and grab hold of my cape, spinning it in Dan's face to disorient him. It works, as he steps backwards to get his bearings. It's more than enough time for me to put my weight behind the punch that I deliver to Dan's jaw, spinning him around and knocking him tot he ground. I pick him up by his lapels and hold him above my head.

"You're going to tell me everything there is to know about this operation. Who is making it, who is selling it, who is being paid off, and who pays you..."

He talks.

They always talk.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
batman18pc3.png

Peter Benjamin Parker

Powers:
Pete has no superhuman or extraordinary abilities of any kind. He is very intelligent, gifted even, especially in science, but hardly a super-genius. If you asked him, he would probably say his 'super power' is attracting bullies.

Peter Parker was orphaned at an early age. His parents, Richard and Mary, frequently left him in the care of his aunt and uncle during their undisclosed 'business trips,' and one day simply never returned, killed in a plane crash. Now in the care of his uncle Ben and aunt May, Peter grew up a shy and introverted child, routinely picked on by schoolyard bullies for both his aptitudes in science and in running his mouth.

Now a junior at Midtown Manhattan Magnet High School, Peter tries to maintain a low profile, keeping his grades high in hopes for a scholarship to the prestigious Empire State University, snap photos for the school paper, suffering the harrassment of the school's star quarterback Flash Thompson, and dealing with the fact that his best friend Harry Osborn is dating his first crush Liz Allan.

I love Spider-Man. I like plenty of superheroes, I get psyched for Hellboy and Invincible, I worship Superman and Batman. But I love Spider-Man. He was the first superhero that I could really connect to, that I could really get behind and root for. Like a lot of other nerdy losers who wish they could do amazing things, stand up to the bad guys, get the girl of your dreams, and never run out of wise-cracks, Spider-Man speaks to the very soul of what makes me a comic geek.

And I know it's kind of played out to put Spidey back in high school and do the origin all over again, but to me, with this brand new and exciting shared universe, it's the perfect place for him to be starting out.

My plan is to have Parker carve out a niche for himself as sort of the 'B-List' hero in a world full of super-soldiers and invincible aliens, the guy who catches all the villains that Superman or the Avengers would overlook. Basically, the OE universe's "pest control." I have several stories I'd like to do, starting with an OE-ized origin and working his way up from there.

A veteran of the games with a passion for world-building, for big complex master plans, and for deep characterization.

Comic Sans MS, Red

"Pete? Pete, you're going to be late for school."

"Just getting my shoes on, Uncle Ben," I call down from my bedroom as I fumble about the mounds of dirty laundry for my other shoe. One of these days, I'm going to learn to clean up after myself. No time for tidying up today, though--it's a big day today.

Once I finally manage to locate and don my footwear, I head downstairs, where Aunt May has just finished making pancakes. I eagerly wolf mine down.

"Goodness, you're hungry today," she says as I scarf down a second pancake.

"Just excited," I say. "Today's the big field trip--we're going to Metropolis to see STAR Labs! We'll actually get to meet Dr. Emil Hamilton and Curt Connors, and see them test out their morphogenic field amplifier!"

"Can't say I know what that is," Uncle Ben says, judging the exact height and speed at which that flew over his head, "but I'm sure it's exciting. Just remember, Metropolis is a big city; be careful out there."

"Don't worry, Uncle Ben," I say, sipping my milk, "We're heading straight to the lab, watching an experiment under completely controlled circumstances, then heading straight back home. What could go wrong?"

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

4be82b9a45fd0-1.jpg

Last edited:
Character you would like to play: James Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes, codename: The Winter Soldier.

Powers: The Winter Soldier is one of the deadliest hand-to-hand fighters on the planet, with combat skills that are said to excel even Captain America’s. Unlike his former partner, Barnes does have the Super Solder serum flowing through his veins and therefore is considered to be, by his own estimations, about a third the Captain’s strength. Born into a military family and in active service for much of his conscious life, there are few weapons that Barnes is not a master of.

His travels over the years as the Winter Soldier have led to Barnes becoming fluent in six languages, but also becoming incredibly gifted at adopting the social and cultural norms of a society to the extent that he can move amongst them unnoticed. This, with his years of experience in the field, has resulted in him becoming one of the most effective covert operatives active in the twenty first century.

The explosion that was thought to have claimed his life in 1945 left Barnes without his left arm. In place of it, he was fitted a cybernetic prosthetic limb with enhanced reaction time and enhanced strength. The palm of the prosthetic can administer bolts of electrical energy and has shown to be able to emit an EMP which renders all electronics in the vicinity to become useless and/or shutdown.

Brief history of the character: James Barnes’ mother died giving birth to his sister, leaving only his father to fend for both James and his younger sister. When James’ father died during the war, the then teenage boy managed to convince his company to allow him to remain on Fort Leigh instead of being placed into an orphanage. Fatherless, angry, Bucky often managed to find trouble in and around the base; from getting into fights, to stealing and crashing military vehicles. Eventually, upon realising Bucky’s natural aptitude for hand-to-hand combat and in order to stop him from ending up in prison, or dead for that matter, Bucky is sent to train with the SAS in England for six months.

Once his training had come to an end and with the Allied forces needing a boost to morale, Bucky is assigned to be none other than Captain America’s sidekick. To the American public Bucky is the clean-cut, wholesome American boy but the reality of his role at Captain America’s side is much different; Barnes’ excels at reconnaissance and because of this he is often tasked with the missions that Captain America cannot do.

The combined efforts of The Invaders helped to turn the tides of the war. On a stormy night in 1945, Captain America leads a small number of the Invaders to take back what HYDRA’s remaining weapons facility in the Arctic that goes horribly wrong resulting in the loss of Union Jack and Hourman’s lives. In the battle, Bucky falls into an ice fissure and into the icy waters below, presumed dead.

Bucky’s body, drifting around the North Sea, was discovered by a Soviet submarine searching in hope for the remains of Captain America. Miraculously they managed to bring the deceased sidekick back to life, albeit lacking an arm and the entirety of his memory due to the extent of the brain damage caused by the explosion. Upon realising the length and breadth of the young man’s skill both at armed and unarmed combat, coupled with his knowledge of four languages, Comrade Karpov decided to place the young man under extensive mental reprogramming to ensure his loyalties lied with them alone.

The reprogramming was a success, The Winter Soldier was sent on dozens of missions over the coming decades ranging from assassinations to corporate espionage, in between which he was placed in a suspended state.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: I’m hoping to develop the Winter Soldier persona a little more than we’ve seen previously. He spoke very little before his memories were returned to him with the Cosmic Cube, here’s a chance to see what he was like before then: to test the characters limits, both morally and physically.

What are your plans for the character? Do you have a story: What has The Winter Soldier been up to for the past half decade? How many lives has he effected during that time? Will he ever remember who he really is? There are loads of questions that still need to be answered at this point.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Grey, Arial Black

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As often as circumstances dictate.

High above me I can hear the familiar sound of a wall of bullets clanging off Steve’s shield. He screams my name as he sprints towards the fissure that had appeared beneath my feet moments ago. I've fallen too far; I know that. When Steve arrives and sees me dangling some fifty feet down he knows it too. For the first time ever, his eyes look panicked, he shouts down to me frantically and I can see the cogs inside his mind moving, trying to think of a way to save me.

“You've got to stop that plane,” I shout up at him.

He looks over his shoulder. The sound of the thrusters of HYDRA’s latest prototype plane drowns out the fighting.

Steve shakes his head and shouts back down, “I’m getting you out of there and we’re taking down Schmidt together.”

“You never were any good at lying,” I chuckle, smiling wryly to myself.

Behind him, the plane begins to hover over the ground. If he doesn’t go now, he’s not going to make it. That damned fool would risk Schmidt razing New York to the ground to save me.

I wouldn’t.

I let go of the ice and allow myself to fall for what feels like a lifetime. The sound of Steve's screams from above me become fainter with every passing second, but the pain in my chest grows as it does so, knowing I'll never see him again kills me. I just hope he can find it in his heart to forgive me.

By the time I hit the ice cold water I can barely see the light from above me. The impact knocks my shoulder out of its socket and breaks a couple of ribs; I couldn’t swim to the surface now if I wanted to.

I’m not afraid. My life doesn’t flash before my eyes.

It’s over for me. I understand that.

For the first time in my life I’m not fighting.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:
1964661-capabucky624_col_02.jpg

Last edited:
Arrrgh! Can't decide on a character!

We can choose two, yes?

Yes. go Brotherhood Spike, you know you want to

Dammit, now I've added Magneto to my list of potential characters because of you! :argh:

And not the sissy "I can only control metal" version of Mags from the movies, either. I'm talking about the fullblown "I can screw with the electromagnetic spectrum and no amount of plastic weapons are gonna save you" version.

The kind that goes "Hey. I've fought you guys for years. One of you has metal bones... Hmm" *RIP* ? :o

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play: Scott Summers/Cyclops

Powers:
[/FONT]Scott has the ability to shoot powerful concussive blasts from his eyes. Scott is also a natural leader.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]Scott Summers was born in Alaska to parents Katherine Summers and USAF pilot Christopher Summers. Scott was twelve when his parents took him and his little brother Alex for a ride in the family's small Cessna. The plane encountered engine problems and began to plummet to the ground. With only one parachute in the plane, Scott's parents made a choice to save their children. They strapped the two boys to the parachute and tossed them out of the plane. The chute opened as Scott's parents crashed to the ground. The explosion from the plane caused the parachute to catch fire. As he and his brother fell to the ground, a panicked and frightened Scott had his first mutant experience. Powerful optic blasts tore from his eyes and slowed their descent. Upon landing, Scott suffered a head injury and was knocked unconscious. When he awoke, he couldn't control his mutant power. Unable to open his eyes without hurting anyone, he lived in solitary in an Alaskan orphanage for a year before two came to him with a chance to live something of a normal life.

These men were Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr.

Fast forward to today, Scott can safely open his eyes thanks to the protective ruby quartz eyewear he has and is a teacher at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters as well as operating as the field leader of a group of mutants who protect the world and mutant interest. They call themselves the X-Men

[FONT=&quot] List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: [/FONT]I've always liked Cyke, he isn't my favorite X-Men team member, but he's right up there. I think the OU X-Men were underused last time. Hopefully we can change that this time.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]I've got a few stories I want to tell, yeah. That's all I say! :cmad:
[FONT=&quot]
Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Trebuchet MS, blue and bold.

[/FONT]Much as needed.
[FONT=&quot]

"Alright, double time, people!"

[/FONT]I lead the group of teenagers up the muddy hill. Five tanks are rolling down at the bottom of the hill. They suddenly stop and turn their attention towards us, slowly rolling up the hill.

"Alright, here they come. Remember your training!"

I fire off a quick optic blast at one of the tanks. It slides back, but doesn't explode.

"Go, go, go!"

The kids break ranks and go to work. Static fires a bolt of lightning at one of the tanks and shorts it out as Bobby creates an ice slide and dodges gunfire. Colossus ops for a straight up approach, crushing the front of one of the tanks with his metal hands. Iceman incases one of the tanks in ice as Piotr picks his tank up and swings it into the sky with a mighty swing. I take care of the tank I clipped with a full strength blast. It goes up in flames.

"Converge on the last tank!"

The three of them turn their attention to the last tank. Colossus rips off the tank's gun and slams it into the tank while Bobby freezes it and Virgil shorts it out with a few more lightning bolts.

"Clear the area!"

Immobile and defenseless, I lay into it with an optic blast and it goes sky high.

"End session."

The battlefield fades away and becomes the white walls and floors of the Danger Room. I turn my attention to my students.

"Not bad...but still too slow. We have to get it in under a minute."

"So what's our grade?" Bobby asks.

"Hmm...B."

"What?"
Virgil says with a sigh. "Come on, Mister Summers. That'll bring down my 4.0."

"B...plus. There. Now get out of here and send in the next three before I change my mind."
[FONT=&quot]

dlgklt.jpg

[/FONT]

Byrd...I'm gonna rock your world!

Character you would like to play: Jean Grey/ Marvel Woman

Powers: Jean is one of the most powerful telepaths in known existence. She is an Omega Level Mutant, and as so her powers have no known limit. She can perform any number of great telepathic feats, as well as powerful telekinetic attacks.

Jean is also the chosen avatar of the Phoenix Force, the embodiment of all life in the Universe, something Professor Xavier has tried to block using telepathic barriers. But even then, at times of great stress or desperation, the Phoenix materializes and greatly enhances Jean’s already significant powers.

Brief history of the character: Jean Grey was a seemingly normal girl growing up in the suburbs of New York City. That is, until her friend was struck by a drunk driver as the two walked along the street. The despair and anguish Jean felt as her friend laid dying in her arms awakened her telepathic powers, which sent a powerful shockwave through the Universe, drawing the attention of Charles Xavier…and even stronger cosmic entities.

Xavier and his friend Erik Lehnsherr tracked down Jean and made her their first pupil in a new school for mutant kind where they could learn control in a safe environment. With Jean’s telepathic help, Charles designed Cerebro, a machine that could find other mutants.

Soon, Charles and Erik had assembled a small group to begin training, who then in turn would become teachers themselves. One young mutant in the group, Scott Summers, caught Jean’s eye immediately, and it wasn’t long before the two began to fall in love.

But all was not well. Charles and Erik also created a team from their recruits which would defend the human race. But Erik believed the humans were beneath them, and that their actions would never help mutant kind in their eyes. In the end, the rift grew too big for their friendship, and Magneto left along with another recruit, Arthur Light.

Not long after that, J’onn J’onzz, the last Green Martian, found Charles and decided to join the school. Jean, along with Charles and J’onn (another powerful telepath), began safely unlocking Jean’s potential.

Jean is now in a devoted relationship with Scott, a teacher at the school, and a member of the heroic X-Men.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: Jean has always been an interesting character. She’s not my favorite X-Man, but she’s one of the most important. I’d love to give writing her a shot, and to set up some future plans.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story: Right now I plan on going with the flow of the X-Men. But down the line I have some big, big stories in mind.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech: Arial Narrow Bold

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many as needed.

I concentrate, calming myself and making sure I don't let the situation phase me. The attackers converge quickly. I can count three...no four springing through the trees towards me. They think they've caught me unaware, but they're mistaken.

The first robot shoots into the clearing behind me, and runs straight into a kinetic barrier. The second and third converge on either side of me, and I telekineticly float backwards at the last moment, causing them to crash hard into each other. The fourth springs out of the trees. As it descends towards me, I catch it in midair, slamming it into the ground with force.

Instantly, the simulation fades away, and Professor Charles Xavier rolls put of the Danger Room control room towards me, "Very good. I thought I'd have you with the flanking move. You're getting faster."

"Thanks Professor," I smile at the man I consider a second father. "I've been feeling more powerful than ever lately. I don't know what it is."

jean.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"