One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG: Sign-up/OOC Thread

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

[FONT=&quot]Character you would like to play: Tony Stark / Iron Man

Powers:
Tony possesses no superhuman powers. He is, however, a bonafide genius and one of the wealthiest men in the world.

Brief history of the character:
Tony Stark was selfish, arrogant, heartless prick.

[/FONT]After the death of his parents when he was 21, Stark inherited Stark Enterprises and continued his father's work of weapons manufacturing.

While on a trip to Kahndaq, where he displayed Stark Enterprises' newest creation of mass destruction, Tony was abducted by the League of Assassins. Taken to an underground facility and held hostage, Tony was forced by the League and their leader, the mysterious Ra's Al Ghul, to create a weapon capable of wiping entire cities off the map.

With the help of his fellow prisoner, scientist Yinsen, [FONT=&quot]Tony instead put together the prototype of his now world-famous Iron Man armor, allowing him to escape to League's base. The cost, however, was Yinsen's life.

Traveling back to the States, Tony has a new outlook on life. Having witnessed first-hand the horror of war and the horror wreaked by his creations, Tony disbanded the weapons manufacturing division of Stark Enterprises.

As Iron Man, the Golden Avenger, Tony seeks to right the wrongs of his past and, if he's lucky, redeem himself.

So, basically, he's a selfish, arrogant prick with a heart of gold.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:
I wanted to go with a high-profile character who would be able to take part in some big, epic stories. Since I'm not even going to pretend I'm not influenced by watching the Avengers trailer a thousand times, the choice came down to Tony or Thor.

Being Icelandic, I feel I could certainly bring a sense of authenticity to Thor, but in the end, Tony is a more interesting character to me.

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:
I do, and I don't.

Tony is seeking redemption. In his mind, no matter how many people he saves, he can not make up for the amount of death and destruction his creations have caused. But he's going to try. Even if it'll be the death of him, he's going to try.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Verdana, Red, for Tony. Fixedsys, Bold, for Iron Man.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
[/FONT]I intend on posting a few times a week, when in a solo arc. However, when interacting or taking part in a multi-player story, I can post as many times as is needed of me.
[FONT=&quot]
Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

"I hate to break it to you, but you're insane."
[/FONT]Tony coughs, blood dripping from his lips.

He has been beaten, poisoned, and broken. 24 hours ago, Tony Stark was in a king-sized bed, surrounded by swimsuit models. Now, he was on his knees in a filthy, underground laboratory somewhere in Kahndaq.

Every muscle in his body ached, a seemingly never-ending stream of blood poured from every wound he had suffered in the explosion. He could still feel the shrapnel embedded in his left leg.

"Am I, Mr. Stark?" a cold, cruel voice came from the dark. It was the voice of his captor, the man who had attacked Stark's convoy, mercilessly killing a dozen men just to get to Tony. "Look at the world, Mr. Stark. Look at yourself."

The man sneered, stepping out of the shade and into the light. "Mankind is a plague upon the Earth. You steal, murder, rape. The League of Assassins will wash the filth away, Mr. Stark, and you...."

Ra's Al Ghul, the Demon's Head, smiled. "...you will play the part of the Grim Reaper. It is a role you have shown a great affinity for." [FONT=&quot]

Post a picture of your character:

1923304-ironavenger.jpg

[/FONT]

One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Character you would like to play:Alexander J. "Lex" Luthor

Powers: Lex has no meta-human powers. However he does have a genius level I-Q, several weapons including a Battle-Suit, and tremendous wealth as the Founder and President if LexCorp.

Brief history of the character: Lex grew up in the Suicide Slum section of Metropolis. He was a victim of child abuse and hated his life in the Slum vowing to not only escape but one day make his father pay for the abuse he suffered at his hand. Luthor used his Genius level I-Q to win a full ride scholarship at Metropolis University where he met his chief rival Victor Von Doom. (Lex was not about to have his power and standing in the academic community taken from some European Gypsy off-spring and sabotaged one of Victor's experiments...though Victor doesn't know this). Lex was more than content to let his other rival Reed Richards take the fall. After graduating from Met-U MIT was begging him to attend which he did further enhancing his reputation as a Genius. Lex used his tech savvy gifts and ruthlessness to build LexCorp into one of the most, if not THE, powerful companies in the world also managing to hire several of the greatest minds on the planet to work for him outbidding such contemporaries as Stark Industires, Oscorp, and Wayne Enterprises. Luthor's hatred of the heroes such as Superman, Spider-Man, and the others extends from the fact that inspite of his wealth, power, and influence he cannot control ANY of them, so if he cannot control them he will destroy them at all costs. He has declared war on them and willing to align himself with others to see their destruction.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character: With the exception of The Atom in the Ultimate DC universe RPG this is the character I am most known for. I love this character!

What are your plans with this character? Do you have a story:Lex seeks to destroy the heroes, but also have the people of the world admire and respect him. He keeps his hatred in check and doesn't make it public knowledge. I view him as an evil version of Bill Gates. While he gives away millions to charity it is all a front. If he were to give you $1,000 dollars somehow he is making $10,000 and at your expense.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:This one always worked why change now.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Often.

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contains at least 1 line of dialogue):

Lex stares out at the Metropolis Skyline as he finishes putting on his Tuxedo Jacket for the LexCorp charity ball. His assistant Mercy Graves knocks on the door to his office.

He says, "Enter."

Mercy hands him an envelope and says, "This arrived by courier abut 10 minutes ago."

Lex says, "Thank you Mercy have the Limo in front in 15 minutes."

She bows slightly and leaves the office. Lex opens the envelope and it shows several pictures of Senator Layden in a less than flattering light.

Lex smiles and scans a few of them. He then calls Senator Layden and says, "Good Evening Patrick. How are you?"

Layden responds, "What do you want Lex? It's a bad enough I've gotta play nice in front of the cameras for your charity event tonight."

Lex responds, "Oh come now Patrick no need to get uppity with me on this besides you're about to owe me."

Patrick asks, "For what?"

Lex replies, "For keeping this out of the National Spotlight."

Lex sends the scanned documents to Patrick who mumbles, "How? It's not possible I was HOW?"

Lex replies, "Not important the fact that I have them though is, and you are about to do exactly what I say or you can be ready to have Jon Stewart and his crew have a good time with these tomorrow night."

Patrick asks, "What is it you want?"

Lex replies, "Simple the Mutant Registration Act; you are now in favor of it."

Layden says, "But I campaigned against it. I've written editorials against it. I made my opposition the center piece of my time in the Senate!"

Lex says, "You had a change of heart. It's either that or your family and you can work out your change of address, because I'm betting your wife will not want you in her life or your children's lives especially if scan #2 is seen by the public! WOW! Anyway Your call Patty."

Layden says, "All-right Luthor you win, but know this I will devote my life to seeing you burn in hell!"

Lex says, "Whatever just remember to smile for the camera tonight during our photo-op."

Patrick hangs up the phone and Lex says, "Not even a goodbye. Well that was rather rude."

Lex begins to chuckle as he leaves his office.

Post a picture of your character:
Luthor_bright.png

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll both get the respective roles, MST. I'd love to work with you. :up:

A quick question about the Avengers, are we going with the idea they were started\sponsored by S.H.I.E.L.D. or are they more independent? I've always preferred them on the independent side like they are in the comics instead of the movie way of doing things. Cheese took my Marvel character idea with Ironman so I'll have to consider another one but very likely still an Avenger.

Hows about you guys get some DC teams up! Then toss some Marvels in that way! :cmad:

A quick question about the Avengers, are we going with the idea they were started\sponsored by S.H.I.E.L.D. or are they more independent? I've always preferred them on the independent side like they are in the comics instead of the movie way of doing things. Cheese took my Marvel character idea with Ironman so I'll have to consider another one but very likely still an Avenger.

SHIELD doesn't exist right now, but will in the future.

Checkmate is in that role right now. (Sorry, I have way too much thought up for my Cap storyline)

As for the Avengers, I have no idea. We haven't set anything up about them.

And also... I like the Justice League moniker for the big good guy team way better than the Avengers, just sayin'.

Hows about you guys get some DC teams up! Then toss some Marvels in that way! :cmad:

We did that last time. Spider-man was the leader of the Titans and the JL was our main team.

Last edited:
SHIELD doesn't exist right now, but will in the future.

Checkmate is in that role right now. (Sorry, I have way too much thought up for my Cap storyline)

When SHIELD does come about, will they be UN sponsored? I ask because when you have both Checkmate and SHIELD operating, it'd make sense to make one American based and the other a more global, UN thing.

When SHIELD does come about, will they be UN sponsored? I ask because when you have both Checkmate and SHIELD operating, it'd make sense to make one American based and the other a more global, UN thing.

I have an idea on what to do with that when the time comes. I'll run it by you on MSN later.

J'onn, Kitty, Batman, and Winter Soldier are all....

Approved.jpg

Well, after a conversation with Byrd about the two Spider-man apps we received, we've decided that Peter will be played by...

Andy C.

Both of you had great apps, and it wasn't an easy decision.

BL, I hope to see you pick up a character and give them the same amount of attention.

I was actually thinking of Namor for my villainous role now that Lex has been applied for.

Don't flatter SF. He's not nearly good enough to handle a villain as good as Mole Man. :o

Jean Grey, Joker, and Hulk...just because, **** it, it's close enough....

Are all APPROVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"