Panini UK Does Spider-Man Right

1643_20050923215116_large.jpg
230px-Sspara.png
Now, shut the **** up. :o
Ugly, hackneyed, cliched, boring, painful to read, and utterly forgettable dreck by a writer who should be utterly forgotten.

I really don't want to make a case against Stan the Man, because he truly is a childhood idol of mine, and the examples Darth gave were great ones. Truthfully, the breadwinner of Marvel currently (BMB), has much bigger flaws in his writing than Stan ever did. (Whenever he really dives into the "realistic dialogue" crap, I just want to scream, "Oh, the Humanity!")
Yes, Stan Lee was writing for his time. But even in comparison to his time, it doesn't hold up. Will Eisner, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Jack Cole, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, and a list I'm not going to keep going with, were all leaps and bounds better than him, even within the somewhat lowbrow structure of the genre's conventions. Furthermore, unlike everyone else, Stan Lee never matured as a writer. Like Rob Liefeld's art, it just stays at the same level of crap. While other writers from those years matured as the genre did, Stan still sucks, when he can be bothered to write an issue.

Yes, Bendis blows ass too. But I'd still take Bendis over Lee.

Yes, Stan Lee was writing for his time. But even in comparison to his time, it doesn't hold up. Will Eisner, Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Jack Cole, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, and a list I'm not going to keep going with, were all leaps and bounds better than him, even within the somewhat lowbrow structure of the genre's conventions. Furthermore, unlike everyone else, Stan Lee never matured as a writer. Like Rob Liefeld's art, it just stays at the same level of crap. While other writers from those years matured as the genre did, Stan still sucks, when he can be bothered to write an issue.

Yes, Bendis blows ass too. But I'd still take Bendis over Lee.

More ludicrous opinions. :)

Nice change from "Stan Lee is a terrible writer" to "Stan Lee was awesome, but like most things from the 60's it's a little dated today."

:up:

I realized after I hit submit, what I had said. I don't believe in editting out stupidity. That usually stands the test of time.

What is it about Union Jack that makes me excited to see him guest-starring in anything? I love that guy and I don't even know much about him.

He's a great character who usually lucks out and gets really good creative teams to do stories about him. :up:

He'd be great for an Excalibur series that's actually good. I really want to know what Cornell's planning for his run.

More ludicrous opinions. :)
Come on, did you read that Who Wants to Be Stan Lee's Newest Sellout Cash Cow That Further Degrades the Medium? tie-in comic about some lame-ass superhero that gets his powers from videogames or some****? His writing hasn't changed an iota from back in the days of "Oh no, Captain Obvious! I've just been punched in the face! It hurts!"

Come on, did you read that Who Wants to Be Stan Lee's Newest Sellout Cash Cow That Further Degrades the Medium? tie-in comic about some lame-ass superhero that gets his powers from videogames or some****? His writing hasn't changed an iota from back in the days of "Oh no, Captain Obvious! I've just been punched in the face! It hurts!"

So, it's not your cup of tea. Move the **** on. :up:

Most writers from the 60's can't write for **** now. Hell, most writers from the 80's can't write for **** now. This is a horrible point to make.

Holy crap, what's YOUR idea of a good writer? This book looks great by the way. I miss a competant Spidey :(

I've been looking, but I can't find a way to get this book over on this side of the pond. :(

I'm fine with that. The problem is finding someone to bribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"