Panini UK Does Spider-Man Right

I pray to God you're kidding. That sounds disgusting even to me. Even to me, man. :dry:

spidey's always kicking too much ass.

The eternal underdog who has all these incredible powers but still depends on his peter parker intellect is pretty much gone in comics. He's been using brute force to get his way through too many situations and that's one of the reasons why this aspect has filtered over into the films.

spidey just punches his way through all obstacles, it's very crude...

Lately in comics he's been using neither. Jobs to Jigsaw and everyone else. Captain America gives him a challenge. JJJ can actually cause him to bleed in a few hits. Looks like an incompetent in New Avengers.
Atleast, we still see him use his intellect occasionally, like how he overrode Stark's Spider-armor suit.

More ludicrous opinions. :)
I'd say for the whole Bendis>Lee thing, that's not opinions, that's simply being wrong. :o
Actually, I'm probably a lot "smarter" than the lot of you. I've taken two IQ tests in my life, both scoring between 130-140. Take that for what you will, but there it is. :whatever:

I got between 160-180 all those years ago. lol

Genius league, unite! *Flashes flashy flashing league ring.*

Unfortunately, the test scores differ based on the test, and it's sort of vague, as it may be a specialized test. Or you may just be getting scores from certain parts of the test.

For instance, most scoring for me came out of my sciences relating to chemistry and physics, where when it came to sciences related to biology, I rated not so awesome.

And also, to be fair, since I couldn't actually -utilize- English effectively in speech at the time, the verbal part was left out.

So, it's not your cup of tea. Move the **** on. :up:
I continue *****ing about it because Stan Lee is worshipped like a God among fanboys. It's silly and ridiculous and it's hurting the industry because it allows him to keep doing whatever he wants to degrade comics.

Most writers from the 60's can't write for **** now. Hell, most writers from the 80's can't write for **** now. This is a horrible point to make.
Most writers from the 60s were better than he was, even back then. And if they're still writing, they remain better. Most writers from the 80s remain better. Most writers from the 70s remain better.

You know what, **** this. ALL WRITERS, EVER, are better than Stan Lee. Yeah, even Rob Liefeld and Chuck Austen. Even whatsisname McKeever. Even the Evil Shadowy Cabal of the Silver Age that everyone on the DC boards hates so much. Even Joe Quesada. Even Bendis. Even the guy who came up with Wonder Man.

Holy crap, what's YOUR idea of a good writer?
The kind of writer who doesn't have excessive exposition and isn't more stilted than a Goddamn circus parade.

Most writers from the 60s were better than he was, even back then. And if they're still writing, they remain better. Most writers from the 80s remain better. Most writers from the 70s remain better.

You know what, **** this. ALL WRITERS, EVER, are better than Stan Lee. Yeah, even Rob Liefeld and Chuck Austen. Even whatsisname McKeever. Even the Evil Shadowy Cabal of the Silver Age that everyone on the DC boards hates so much. Even Joe Quesada. Even Bendis. Even the guy who came up with Wonder Man.

The kind of writer who doesn't have excessive exposition and isn't more stilted than a Goddamn circus parade.

Why McKeever?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

"It's hurting the industry."?

Wow. Aristotle is an idiot.

...or maybe he's just a well-published author who really knows what he's talking about.

hmmm.... nope. Idiot.

This whole thing is like saying Johnny Unitas wasn't a great quarterback. Are his stats comparable to what we now consider great? No. He was the best of his era, though, and a product of his time. A leader. These all apply to Stan Lee. I like Stan the Man as a nickname more than The Golden Arm. In conclusion, Stan Lee could beat up Johnny Unitas, and probably paid him to throw games late in his career with his jew money.

I continue *****ing about it because Stan Lee is worshipped like a God among fanboys. It's silly and ridiculous and it's hurting the industry because it allows him to keep doing whatever he wants to degrade comics.

Wow, I'm sorry I was on your side even a little bit.

Outside of movie cameos, what exactly does Stan do to the industry?

I rarely say things like this, but you are truly an idiot.

Wow, I'm sorry I was on your side even a little bit.

I rarely say things like this, but you are truly an idiot.

iloveclown3d!!1111!11:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

:bh: :bh:

Sentinel was awesome, you shut your mouth. :cmad:

I never said it was bad (which would be beyond even MY arrogance, since I never read it) I just kept thinking that his name was attatched to it.

Oh yeah, and it sucked. :o

But in an imaginary way.

This whole thing is like saying Johnny Unitas wasn't a great quarterback. Are his stats comparable to what we now consider great? No. He was the best of his era, though, and a product of his time. A leader. These all apply to Stan Lee. I like Stan the Man as a nickname more than The Golden Arm. In conclusion, Stan Lee could beat up Johnny Unitas, and probably paid him to throw games late in his career with his jew money.
Here's the difference. Unitas WAS among the greats of his time. Lee? Not so much. Again: Eisner, Cole, Kirby, Simon, Ditko, Fox, right offhand.

First of all, those movie cameos are incredibly hurtful to the prospect of getting new readers. Secondly, Who Wants to be a Superhero? was one of the most degrading, disgusting, Godawful exploitations of superhero comics ever. Maybe the worst.

Here's the difference. Unitas WAS among the greats of his time. Lee? Not so much. Again: Eisner, Cole, Kirby, Simon, Ditko, Fox, right offhand.
you are so wrong that you should probably kill yourself. have you ever read kirby's 4th world. Nobody knows what the fook was going on in those books. Everything was so poorly defined

Kirby's Fourth World is one of the greatest masterpieces of superhero comics. What you call "poorly defined," those who are familiar with the concept of an epic know is a genre convention. These are mythic, iconic, godlike creatures, and the whole epic was designed to be a larger-than-life, over-the-top, bombastic analogue to classic mythologies. In that kind of setting, it makes a lot more sense to focus on this awe-inspiring, majestic, terrible conflict than to focus on what exactly a Boom Tube is.

Mmm hmm. It had pretty art.

what is the anti-life equation

what is the anti-life equation
That's kind of one of the central mysteries of the plot. It was never revealed because Kirby was never able to do with that story what he wanted to do with it. Tragic. I wish someone would miraculously recover his original notes, complete with pages of original script, and re-do the entire story, the way it was meant to be told.

Lately in comics he's been using neither. Jobs to Jigsaw and everyone else. Captain America gives him a challenge. JJJ can actually cause him to bleed in a few hits. Looks like an incompetent in New Avengers.
Atleast, we still see him use his intellect occasionally, like how he overrode Stark's Spider-armor suit.
I'd much rather have spidey more around the human level (strength level five) than taking out hulk strengthed victims. I'm not sure what 8 times one's body weight is (give or take a few multiple for reduction of legs and anthromorphic structure). but i don't think its ten tonnes (or maybe around 15 odd now with all his boosts).

I must say i haven't really kept up with comics these days, i've been out of the loop for a while so how exactly did spidey override the suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"