Panini UK Does Spider-Man Right

You speak of this as if your willpower to resist is strong. :o

It's strong enough. Wacker's annoying comments in his interviews has made me want to read BND even less, too.

I read Wacker's interview and found it to be pretty humorous. :up:

I chuckled at the beginning, but then he kept throwing backhanded comments about everything fans ***** about and it got out of hand. They're *****ebags on the internet whining impotently about his comics, which they still clearly buy. He should just give the interview and then laugh about how he's still working in comics, they're not, and Marvel is pretty much robbing them blind through controlled masochism. Marvel wins regardless of how much fans *****, so *****ing back at them in interviews just makes him come off as petty.

It's an expression. It's more like the fans are throwing money at Marvel to kick them in the junk over and over again, to be honest.

I think Whacker just sees himself how ridiculous it is to ***** about **** like it's the worst thing on the planet, and to continue paying for more. Hats off to him for throwing that back in those people's faces, I say. :up:

I see it as him ****ting on his fanbase. Granted, it'll mean nothing in the long run because people will still buy the comics no matter what, but it makes him come off like a dick. He seemed kind of cool in interviews before this, but now he catches a little flak from the fans and suddenly he's the king of obnoxious commentary. It's unprofessional.

you are so wrong that you should probably kill yourself. have you ever read kirby's 4th world. Nobody knows what the fook was going on in those books. Everything was so poorly defined
Okay, you realise that you're just feeding the Troll here. It's not like he respects or listens to anyone elses oppinions.

That first page of SM does look amazing.

Erik Larsen Era ish

Thanks for posting that!

I'm not seeing Erik Larsen in the art, stylistically anway. Are you talking about from a page layout standpoint? Larson's early Spider-Man work kind of reminds me of a Macfarlane/Bagley combination.

I'm not seeing Erik Larsen in the art, stylistically anway. Are you talking about from a page layout standpoint? Larson's early Spider-Man work kind of reminds me of a Macfarlane/Bagley combination.

Erik Larsen on Spider-Man was horrible... he had his mask blink or wince ever third panel.

I didn't mind Larson on Spider-Man. I like his minimalist art style he's got going now a lot better then his old stuff, though.

I never liked Larson either, but his Defenders run changed my mind on him.

What the...who the **** is THIS *****ebag?
I love it. You people seriously cannot entertain the idea that maybe Stan Lee wasn't a good writer.

Okay, you realise that you're just feeding the Troll here. It's not like he respects or listens to anyone elses oppinions.
You mean it's not like I agree with you. I happen to disagree with you on what is apparently a fundamental core value to your belief system. I think Stan Lee sucks, and no one's given me an example of when his writing didn't suck. It was always overwrought, overly expositional, hackneyed, and profoundly lacking in anything approaching realism.

Have you ever entertained the idea, that *gasp* maybe Stan Lee is a good writer. His creations are a multi-million dollar industry, spanning all forms of media. Creators working today have all been inspired by his work. He's credited with inventing not only ways to make comics, but ways to tell stories, and ways to gain readers from all walks of life.

If you don't dig his stuff, that's fine. I don't understand why you feel the need to express you extreme hatred of the man, though. Did he punch your mom, or something?

Have you ever entertained the idea, that *gasp* maybe Stan Lee is a good writer.
Yes. I read tons of the early Marvel stuff, trying desperately to enjoy it. His stuff just wasn't good. Ditko is great. Kirby is great. Lee is a hack.

PhotoJones said:
creations are a multi-million dollar industry, spanning all forms of media.
By the same token, Britney Spears is a great musical artist.

PhotoJones said:
He's credited with inventing not only ways to make comics, but ways to tell stories, and ways to gain readers from all walks of life.
And Bob Kane is credited with inventing Batman. Mike's is credited with inventing Hard Lemonade. It doesn't matter what someone's credited for, it's what they did that matters.

PhotoJones said:
If you don't dig his stuff, that's fine. I don't understand why you feel the need to express you extreme hatred of the man, though. Did he punch your mom, or something?
Mostly because the moment I expressed my feeling that using "the spirit of Stan Lee" wasn't much of an endorsement, a throwaway comment, I was jumped on by half the Marvel Zombies here? Turns out, most people get defensive when attacked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Stan Lee sort of get accredited with creating a revolution in comic book story telling that prompted the entire future of comic book story telling?

Uh, let's not let dirty little buggers like facts get in the way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Stan Lee sort of get accredited with creating a revolution in comic book story telling that prompted the entire future of comic book story telling?
Yes. I don't feel he deserves that credit at all.

Yep. It's called the "Stan and Kirby way" for a reason. :up:

It may not seem like it now, but Spider-Man and the Hulk and the stories he told with them were revolutionary and just blew people's minds to oblivion.

We take that stuff for granted now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"