The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Iron Man picture up there looks like a Blastoise. Glad he doesn't look like that, actually looks like a Rhino.

The Iron Man picture up there looks like a Blastoise. Glad he doesn't look like that, actually looks like a Rhino.

Lol blastoise! What we got looks like a Rhino because of the horn but it's like a hybrid. It's more on the side of that cool modern mech.

Yessir.

It's funny, the EU sizzle is basically an improved SDCC trailer. But we get a taste of Paul's dialogue as Aleksei in that trailer. Pretty funny if you ask me.

It'd be best for them to keep reusing the footage. That way, when we see the movie it'll be a real treat.

Yeah, I just don't know if they're ever going to show some more Giamatti prior to the release of the film. Maybe the next trailer? I dunno. It seems they are really putting the emphasis on Max/Electro.

Yeah, I just don't know if they're ever going to show some more Giamatti prior to the release of the film. Maybe the next trailer? I dunno. It seems they are really putting the emphasis on Max/Electro.

I think they should stick to that. I doubt Rhino is even in the movie that much to begin with.

I don't think he will be. The main meat of the story seems to be Electro/Harry.

I think they should stick to that. I doubt Rhino is even in the movie that much to begin with.
He'll probably get defeated at the very beginning (or even at the very end after the main events).

If you think about it, we have that one shot in the trailer, and the poster with him on fours. He's only been teased so far. We have yet to see all of him.

image.jpg

But personally, I like what we're able to see so far.

Iron Rhino suit like ultimate Spider-Man

I remember how frightened people were that Rhino would only be on all fours throughout the movie. He gets on all fours to charge forward to get more speed I suppose, but otherwise he is standing.

Iron Rhino suit like ultimate Spider-Man
Right. A little less stylized as a Rhino than USM. But same idea.

I remember how frightened people were that Rhino would only be on all fours throughout the movie. He gets on all fours to charge forward to get more speed I suppose, but otherwise he is standing.
It's an idea more on the innovative side. You can tell they wanna try new things.

I don't want all the villains to come from Oscorp. It would be too one dimensional.

Rhino isn't from Oscorp.

"And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp."

Between this, the fact that A. Smythe is in the movie, and that he and Aleksei are bundled together via a minimate toy thing, he is obviously connected to Oscorp.

This version is basically taking cues from Ultimate, as has been said time and again. And in that entire arc Oscorp had a lot to do with many of the villains. Though so long as Rhino and Electro ain't killed off we'll get a S6 down the line.

"And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, Peter comes to realize that all of his enemies have one thing in common: OsCorp."

Between this, the fact that A. Smythe is in the movie, and that he and Aleksei are bundled together via a minimate toy thing, he is obviously connected to Oscorp.

He has connections with Oscorp. That doesn't mean he starts out there, though. Didn't they something about Aleksei building the suit himself? And there's that whole thing with him robbing the Oscorp truck.

I think Aleksei starts out on his own as a Russian thug, but eventually connects to Oscorp.

He has connections with Oscorp. That doesn't mean he starts out there, though. Didn't they something about Aleksei building the suit himself? And there's that whole thing with him robbing the Oscorp truck.

well yeah, he's not an employee or anything. i never said he started out there. i mean, he's stealing their truck at the start of the movie lol.

the stuff with oscorp and smythe would come after he is stopped by spidey early in the movie.

he could be given the rhino suit in exchange for taking out spider-man, or he could steal it (or the specs for it) from oscorp. i imagine smythe will be the brains behind the mech suit. either way, oscorp is involved in a pretty significant way.

well yeah, he's not an employee or anything. i never said he started out there. i mean, he's stealing their truck at the start of the movie lol.

the stuff with oscorp and smythe would come after he is stopped by spidey early in the movie.

he could be given the rhino suit in exchange for taking out spider-man, or he could steal it (or the specs for it) from oscorp. i imagine smythe will be the brains behind the mech suit. either way, oscorp is involved in a pretty significant way.

I know what you meant. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or anything. I didn't intend for it to come across like that. I was just pointing out that Oscorp being something they all have in common doesn't mean that's where they all come from. It's more like something that provides them with a common purpose (whether they decide to work with eachother or not).

I think Aleksei starts out on his own as a Russian thug, but eventually connects to Oscorp.

yeah, same. it gives smythe a reason to exist in the movie as well. probably just one scene to establish his character as someone who builds robotics etc.

I know what you meant. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or anything. I didn't intend for it to come across like that. I was just pointing out that Oscorp being something they all have in common doesn't mean that's where they all come from. It's more like something that provides them with a common purpose (whether they decide to work with eachother or not).

came across fine to me! i too apologise lol.

yeah, i agree. i made sure to end my reply to picard with "connected" and not "from oscorp".

i thought i'd chime in in case people thought he was completely distinct. if the mech suit is oscorp tech, then that is a pretty significant connection.

people cite sandman in tssm as coming from oscorp, even though he was previously just a thug, never worked for them directly, and continued to be somewhat of a free agent after the procedure.

it's all semantics, though, agreed.

I have to wonder if Smythe will upgrade Rhino in the next film. Like, if the suit in this one is made by Aleksei, Smythe can help him make it more effective (similar to Doc Ock in TSSM helping to make the villains).

yeah, well, when anything is tech-based, that increases the likelihood that alterations will be made. just look at iron man.

upgrades would also make sense in response to being defeated by spider-man.

the rhino mark II: now completely manhole-cover-proof!

yeah, same. it gives smythe a reason to exist in the movie as well. probably just one scene to establish his character as someone who builds robotics etc.
Yeah, I think that's how things will turn out.

yeah, well, when anything is tech-based, that increases the likelihood that alterations will be made. just look at iron man.

upgrades would also make sense in response to being defeated by spider-man.

the rhino mark II: now completely manhole-cover-proof!
I agree. Its more than likely that Rhino will get his upgrade in TASM3.

will you guys be okay if the rhino fight ends with the manhole attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"