The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Paul Giamatti IS Rhino - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i'm expecting it to be really short and have an abrupt ending, so as to facilitate the idea that rhino is comic relief.

kind of like the mysterio fight in the spider-man 2 game. all those health bars fill up and you take him out in one punch :funny:

i love for there to be more, though, but i am preparing myself for a really quick battle.

yeah, i'm expecting it to be really short and have an abrupt ending, so as to facilitate the idea that rhino is comic relief.

kind of like the mysterio fight in the spider-man 2 game. all those health bars fill up and you take him out in one punch :funny:

i love for there to be more, though, but i am preparing myself for a really quick battle.
Oh gosh I remember that Mysterio fight from the SM2 game. I couldn't stop laughing…

But yeah, i think the Rhino fight is going to be more of a tease.

will you guys be okay if the rhino fight ends with the manhole attack?

I'm not sure that would be the end of the fight. I'm guessing he dodges for a bit after deflecting that missile and then makes the jump with the cover and hits Rhino. That would be one ultra quick fight scene cause that's maybe only 30 seconds. I might be a little disappointed if that were the case. I don't think the fight scene will be very long but I have a feeling it will last for a little bit beyond that manhole cover strike.

I'm not sure that would be the end of the fight. I'm guessing he dodges for a bit after deflecting that missile and then makes the jump with the cover and hits Rhino. That would be one ultra quick fight scene cause that's maybe only 30 seconds. I might be a little disappointed if that were the case. I don't think the fight scene will be very long but I have a feeling it will last for a little bit beyond that manhole cover strike.

that's fair enough, and i hope you're right. personally, i'm going in with low expectations in terms of the fight's length. the film appears to have a ton of action and cgi, so I assume there will have to be a tradeoff in terms of time.

I'm sure the fight scenes will be longer then they were in TASM...or at least i hope so haha.

that's fair enough, and i hope you're right. personally, i'm going in with low expectations in terms of the fight's length. the film appears to have a ton of action and cgi, so I assume there will have to be a tradeoff in terms of time.

Well the power plant and clock tower fights are supposed to be back-to-back, so I think the end will have a lot of action. It seems like there is a lot of hype for the TS fight, though IDK how big that will be.

I think the only fight that is really going to cut short is the Rhino "tease." Otherwise I think there will be a huge improvement over the first movie. There is also a lot of action outside the fights though (e.g. opening chase sequence).

another reason i think rhino will be defeated extremely quickly is because it serves as a contrast to electro later on. the city and spider-man underestimate the latter and next thing you know, times square is destroyed.

I do think the power plant/clock tower are going to serve as one, long fight sequence (maybe with a minor break in between, but you get what I'm saying).

yeah, i'm not too worried about the other fight or action scenes. i just think rhino's will be extremely quick. the buck has to stop somewhere.

in case people are curious:

school fight went for only 3 minutes in tasm1, and the sewer confrontation --> "that sucked!" was only 1 minute.

I think the Rhino scene will be incredibly short, and I have no doubts about that. But I think TS and the Power Plant/Clock Tower will be two meaty fights.

The sewer scene in TASM1 was more of an "encounter" if you ask me. Ended way too early.

I think the Rhino scene will be incredibly short, and I have no doubts about that. But I think TS and the Power Plant/Clock Tower will be two meaty fights.

The sewer scene in TASM1 was more of an "encounter" if you ask me. Ended way too early.

I'll be pretty dev if the times square fight ends only a minute or two after spider-man gets blasted into the cop car.

I remember feeling shortchanged with the mark V fight in IM2. What was there was cool, but it was so quick lol. Kinda sucked after it had been teased so much in trailers etc.

I wanted the school fight in tasm1 to be a bit longer as well. I had a hard time believing that being thrown into a bookcase would incapacitate spidey. It just smacked of the scriptwriter needing to move onto the next scene.

Presumably, tasm2 will cool down considerably after the times square fight, in terms of action, and will pick up again for the climactic battles with electro and goblin. So, if they are gonna have a large gap between TS and the finale, they should make the former a good length. Fingers crossed.

Marc Webb did say Rhino is in the film in a very teasing way.

And I doubt any of the other action scenes will be under a minute like TASM lol.

I'll be pretty dev if the times square fight ends only a minute or two after spider-man gets blasted into the cop car.

I doubt that'll happen. That would be such a wasted opportunity.

I wanted the school fight in tasm1 to be a bit longer as well. I had a hard time believing that being thrown into a bookcase would incapacitate spidey. It just smacked of the scriptwriter needing to move onto the next scene.

I think there was more to that scene that had been deleted. :(

Presumably, tasm2 will cool down considerably after the times square fight, in terms of action, and will pick up again for the climactic battles with electro and goblin. So, if they are gonna have a large gap between TS and the finale, they should make the former a good length. Fingers crossed.

Where did you hear that? I think that makes sense if they want to move the story forward. If you look back at SM2, we had the bank fight, but there there was pretty much no action for another 40 minutes or so until the train fight. This makes me believe that the final battle is going to be pretty huge!

Also consider if Gwen does die, they have to make sure relationship between Peter/Gwen is as strong as it can possibly be in order to make her death impactful.

Rhino is likely be a decent paced action scene, there will be some gun fire, Rhino charging and creating havoc, knocking cars over, So its probably not gonna be that short

When marc says he has a small role i think he just means he won't be a big villain of the film but more an early obstacle, which i think it was important that he got that across because when it comes to fans they think any comic villain is gonna be the big bad of the film and thats proven when you look at alot of the to many villains talk

My guess is the actions scenes will be

• Police chase
  • Rhino
  • times square
  • Electro
  • Goblin

its hard to tell but the police chase and Rhino may be very close together and electro and goblin will likely be close together, so when it comes to action i don't think this film will be lacking

Well it makes sense for there to be a gap between times square and the power plant though. Within that time frame, they have to build up Harry's motivation for becoming the Goblin and showcase Electro locked up at Ravencroft.

I think the final battle will take place in an epic 15-20 minute scene.

In terms of length of action scenes by time from shortest to longest, I'd say it goes like this:

Rhino
Aleksei car chase
TS Electro fight
Power Plant/Tower o' gears

I'm def sure that Rhino will be the shortest at prob around 1:30 and the Power plant combined with the Tower will be the longest at somewhere around 20 mins. I could see the car chase and the TS fight being about the same length and could be easily swapped for overall time. I'm guessing they will both be around 8-10 minutes in length.

Opening chase sequence can be around 5 minutes or so. I noticed that Orci and Kurtzman are pretty good at writing action-oriented opening sequences (MI3, ST & STID), so I think the one in TASM2 will be good.

The Times Square fight will probably be a standard 4-5 minutes, though there is probably a lot to this scene other than just Spider-Man fighting Electro (the whole conversation between them for example).

And I imagine the final battle is going to be pretty lengthy overall (consisting of the power plant AND clock tower). The two scenes are back-to-back it seems, so this is going to be exciting. I just wonder if Harry is going to show up directly after Electro is defeated, or if there is going to be some overlap between the two villains and the fight? Spider-Man fighting both at once would be awesome!

I think the opening car chase will be longer than 5 minutes. It looks to be pretty large in scale. I'm sticking with my guesstimate at around 8-10 minutes.

And the TS fight also looks to be an epic scene. They spent quite a bit of time on building that set. I dunno. From the moment Electro grabs those power cables to the time he's drenched with water, dialogue with Spidey and all, I'd say it will be a good 10 minutes.

I think the opening car chase will be longer than 5 minutes. It looks to be pretty large in scale. I'm sticking with my guesstimate at around 8-10 minutes.

And the TS fight also looks to be an epic scene. They spent quite a bit of time on building that set. I dunno. From the moment Electro grabs those power cables to the time he's drenched with water, dialogue with Spidey and all, I'd say it will be a good 10 minutes.
True, the opening chase sequence looks like its going to be very big (I think it took months to film), so 8-10 minutes sounds plausible.

The times square sequence as a whole will probably be 10 minutes, though I have a feeling that the actual fight itself will be around 4 minutes or so (the train fight from SM2, excluding spider-man stopping the train was about 3 minutes long).

I'm assuming the Rhino scene will be brief, but I'd still like to see some Rhino money shots. Anything short of that would be a huge disappointment.

I think the Rhino scene in itself will basically be just one big money shot. Its Rhino blowing stuff up and charging against Spider-Man.

Would 3 minutes be an accurate estimate of the fight duration?

I think 5 minutes would seem about right.

I think the Rhino fight could be as long as the sandman armored truck fight from SM3, which was about a minute and 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"