• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Penny Dreadful - Part 1

I finally watched the finale and loved it. I thought they were going to drag certain parts, such as Ethan transforming and begging for Sembene to kill him. I'm glad they did it this way and set up things to come for the next season. Sembene better get resurrected dammit!

Mr. Lyle is great as well and Timothy Dalton needs the beard back.

Missing it tonight. Damn short seasons.

Indeed. It went way too fast. :csad:

Next one will be shorter. Nine episodes.

Apparently it's just how Logan planned it. Showtime offered him more, but he didn't want to stretch the story out.

Yeah, this. He said something like "we make as many episodes as it's needed to tell the story, if we needed 12 or 13, Showtime would gladly give us 12 or 13, but it just so happens that next season will fit into nine hours".

Keep in mind that I am paraphrasing a lot.

About half way through the 2nd season now, damn this show can get dark!

I really need to watch this show now that I signed up for that Showtime App Subscription I can finally get to it.

So I LOVED season one, and am just started on season 2 (got rid of cable a while back and just found out about Showtime's standalone service). I finished the first episode of S2, and I'm kinda disappointed. I felt like the pulpiness and cheese factor was way too on the nose and far too melodramatic...season one definitely had those qualities, but they where handled far better; they were actually a strength of the show, but here it was just kind of groan-inducing. Has anyone else felt this? Does season 2 improve?

Didn't feel it myself either, just flowed on from season 1 perfectly for me. But yeah the 2nd season is great and does get better.

Another year of Emmy nominations, and Eva Green was snubbed once again.

Is it because the show is fantasy/ horror?

Maybe, but also her category is hella hard and full of competition.

Who won the emmy?

just a side note, Eva was flamed in the lounge thread in the community forum :p So I put in my two cents. She is so underrated - it makes me sad. :( She gets no love by some critics *sighs* Hopefully she gets to be in a Marvel movie one day cause she has to be. She has the talent and enough of it to make a role her own.

Yeah, I suppose it's the genre. I think I saw on Twitter though that Abel was nominated for the opening credits. Something about the opening theme.

yeah he was.... *sighs* one day, Eva will get an award but I know and read a quote that she doesn't really care for them. which is fine. when I do something good, I don't need a freaking award to make me look great. lol.

!!!

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/penny-dreadful-patti-lupone-season-3-1201582782/

Patti LuPone Cast in a New Role for ‘Penny Dreadful’ Season 3

Patti LuPone is back for more “Penny Dreadful.”

The Broadway legend, who guest starred as Joan Clayton (aka the Cut-Wife) in the sophomore season of Showtimes’s Victorian England-set horror series, is back for season 3 as a series regular. She’ll also be playing a new role: Dr. Seward, an American therapist who treats Eva Green’s bewitching Vanessa Ives with an unconventional new approach.

The third season, which returns in 2016 with nine episodes, will also be adding another familiar name to the list of literary characters who appear on the show. Shazad Latif (“The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”) will play an interpretation of Robert Louis Stevenson’s Dr. Henry Jekyll.

Guest stars also include Christian Camargo as Dr. Alexander Sweet, a zoologist who strikes up an unlikely friendship with Vanessa; Sam Barnett as Dr. Seward’s mysterious young secretary; Wes Studi as Kaetenay, an intense, enigmatic Native American with a deep connection to Ethan (Josh Hartnett) who becomes an ally to Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton); and Jessica Barden as Justine, a young acolyte to Lily (Billie Piper) and Dorian Gray (Reeve Carney).

I hope they at least acknowledge it. Like, maybe make her a reincarnation or something like that.

I hope they at least acknowledge it. Like, maybe make her a reincarnation or something like that.

I'm convinced that she will be. I can't think of any other show that has cast the same actor in two separate roles in consecutive seasons before. Watching Vanessa's reaction to seeing the Cut-Wife again will be very interesting.

Random thought: anyone else think it's strange that Vanessa will work with a female therapist? I mean, psychotherapy was still pretty new in the 1890s, so there weren't very many male doctors yet, much less female.

It will be easy enough done. I could not recognize her as the cut wife character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"