• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Penny Dreadful - Part 1

While Eva Green totally deserves accolades for her performance as Vanessa, I think that Billie Piper as Brona Croft (Ivy Frankenstein) gives an absolutely fantastic performance as Victor's creature gone to the dark side - and Rory Kinnear is also great as Caliban!

Got a question: Why didn't the bounty hunter of Ethan Chandler become a werewolf? He was bitten and survived.

When he was in the hospital bed, it looked as though that's what was being set up. Perhaps he didn't realize he could turn into a werewolf and therefore didn't attack Ethan on the night of a full moon? Ethan wasn't aware he was morphing into a wolf until Sembene told him so.

Was he bitten? He look like he got torn up, but bitten?

^I hadn't considered that. Perhaps that's the answer.

Also, perhaps the Werewolf curse doesn't work the same way in PDverse as it does in other depictions. He is the Wolf of God after all.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the specific details but as I recall he became a werewolf as the result of a curse or punishment for massacring that tribe of Indians.

Still get chills thinking back to Vanessa and Madame Kali's battle of the devil tongue. Both hilarious and scary as hell all at once. Eva Green can be genuinely terrifying.

Still get chills thinking back to Vanessa and Madame Kali's battle of the devil tongue. Both hilarious and scary as hell all at once. Eva Green can be genuinely terrifying.

It's like an evil rap battle. :awesome:

Wonder if Eva is going to be at the GG tonight.

Penny Dreadful - Season 3 Sneak Peek
[YT]s17fb7c6zwU[/YT]

Looks like they're still expanding the 2 brothers story as well as the Lily/Dorian unholy alliance and of course Ethan's backstory. I see Caliban too! :awesome:

Edit: Ah rats! I was HOURS late from the teaser trailer post lol.

Who's the girl Caliban is in bed with? Can anyone make out who it is?

Could it be Vanessa?

....hmm.

^I watched that part three times and still couldn't tell.

Wonderful trailer. My favorite part was that man saying something about how he and Vanessa(?) had to look after all the broken and shunned creatures of the world. His voice is to die for. I wonder if he's Satan or Dracula. I assume he's one of the two.

I can't wait to see where the relationship between Dorian and Lily goes. She looks like she's in her element.

On a more superficial note, I'm pleased that Sir Malcolm grew his beard back.

^I watched that part three times and still couldn't tell.

Wonderful trailer. My favorite part was that man saying something about how he and Vanessa(?) had to look after all the broken and shunned creatures of the world. His voice is to die for. I wonder if he's Satan or Dracula. I assume he's one of the two.

I can't wait to see where the relationship between Dorian and Lily goes. She looks like she's in her element.

On a more superficial note, I'm pleased that Sir Malcolm grew his beard back.
I think that could be Dr. Jekyll.

Ah sweet! Penny Dreadful goes AMERICAH!

Vanessa, dear... why do you look possessed again? Poor girl can't catch a break. :funny: I like that I actually have no clue on where Vanessa's story is going again. With Lily and Dorian as well as Ethan, we have an idea on where it's headed but I'm stumped on Vanessa's story. I guess it's still related to that story of Dracula/Lucifer on the hunt for her body and soul?

I miss Ethan's hair. :( And Sembene.

The woman with Caliban is dark haired but the facial features doesn't appear to be Vanessa's.

I hope the gang find their way to each other again. This show is at its best when they're all working together. Having said that, I'm loving that we're seeing other locations. It makes the scale look so much grander.

Last edited:
Ethan's hair. :( It was one of the best parts of the show. Maybe it will grow back.

I think that could be Dr. Jekyll.

For a second I thought you meant Dr. Jekyll was the person in bed with Caliban and I was really confused.

Vanessa, dear... why do you look possessed again? Poor girl can't catch a break. :funny: I like that I actually have no clue on where Vanessa's story is going again. With Lily and Dorian as well as Ethan, we have an idea on where it's headed but I'm stumped on Vanessa's story. I guess it's still related to that story of Dracula/Lucifer on the hunt for her body and soul?

Yeah, I'm a little worried about Vanessa's storyline. We've already seen her in the nuthouse, so I hope this doesn't come off too much as "been there, done that".

I miss Ethan's hair. :( And Sembene.

I hope the gang find their way to each other again. This show is at its best when they're all working together.

I agree, but now that we're in season 3 it's probably time to shake things up a bit. Hopefully it all works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"