The Dark Knight Percieved fauts with the Nolan movies:

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the original poster never said he hates Nolan's movies. But still...it clearly bothers him. Therefore he can go ahead and stay out of it just as he recommended to the original poster.

But...they...he...i'm confused! Gaaah, my head!("I am paiiiin!")
Ok, I gotchya. I think.

Posting again, just because we had a page change and that way there will be no excuses.

Last chance, for everyone. Next time I see someone say the slightest thing that can percieved as in an insult over an OPINION ABOUT A MOVIE (and just stop and think how silly it is to get angry over such a thing) I will be probating.

While I guess some of the topics are debatable, unlike my original reply stated, so long as there is never a nipple-suit or TEH AHNOLDZ in one of Nolan's movies... he did alright.

PS: Sorry if my original reply offended anyone. Saw a chance to bust out a Dr. Coxism and use that Ahnold pic in one post. So I jumped.

Again, apologies if anyone was offended.

7. The batbike. Is it needed? REALY? or is it in this film so WB can sell more toys? Is it there just to fill an action scene that Nolan could have worked around the Tumbler? It looks ok, but i prefer the batman without so many gadgets. bat-to-basics was the approach Nolan took in BB, and TDK follows staight after. I guess one week is enough time to start introducing the toys again. Bat ski and hover bike in the third film then.
Wow. If you don't like the batcycle, I'd steer clear of the comics, seeing as how it's been there for decades. He usually uses it when something's wrong with the batmobile, and it seems like that will be the case in this movie. And using a vehicle (a rather popular one, I might add) that's from the comics is quite different from using the Schumacher-ish vehicles that you mentioned here. Heck, the batcycle even appeared in the animated series, and that's one of the most respected takes on the character.

1. The title, BB sucked. Its silly and lame. Batman Begins. STUPID. It sounds childish. I hate saying it. Should have been The Batman, or Batman: The Beginnning. Now we have TDK, which i lake, but nobody outside this forum knows that its about Batman! lol Bad marketing. Set things off on the wrong foot.

2. Bales voice. Its all wrong. From the tailer it sounds just as bad as it did in BB. I'm just waiting for the pinched face look and lisp to rear its ugly head again. Its Bale constipated in that suit or something? Has he been smoking 40 a day since the age of 10?

3. The Batsuit. Now the BB suit was bad enough, but the new one really is bad. Not since B&R have we been treated to such utter crap. Its Robocop meats the power Rangers. Silly and goofy. Orver worked clutter. The symbol just disappears in all that gunk. Thats not batman, that iron man. Tip to Mr Nolan. GET A NEW COSTUME DESIGNER!:o

4. The music. I'm hoping for great things this time, we we are still with the guys that brought us the totally unforgetable BB theme. COULD be boring again. Dull.

5. The Joker. Like Scarecrow, Nolan's realism has destroyed the Joker's real look. Nicholson looked more faithful to the comics that Ledger. Now I LIKE ledger's look, i'm down with it, but its not exactly faithful is it? I wanted the Joker from the Animated series. The Joker from HUSH, TLH, TKJ etc...

6. Alfred. Caine sounds and looks mothing like alfred. He doesn't even try to sound or look like the character. F- for effort there Sir can't be bothered to research my roles Caine.:grin:

7. The batbike. Is it needed? REALY? or is it in this film so WB can sell more toys? Is it there just to fill an action scene that Nolan could have worked around the Tumbler? It looks ok, but i prefer the batman without so many gadgets. bat-to-basics was the approach Nolan took in BB, and TDK follows staight after. I guess one week is enough time to start introducing the toys again. Bat ski and hover bike in the third film then.

8. Rachel. Now looks completely different! Maybe the Joker hacked her face up, and plastic surgery has made holmes look like Maggie. Or maybe Continuity is blown.:csad:

1. Agreed.
2. Agreed. Bale's bat-voice ain't so hot. But, in his defense, pretty much everyone's bat-voice has sucked. That's the advantage the comics have, IMO. I think the first time the bat-voice will be spot-on is when Frank Miller's TDKR is made into a film. IF, I guess.
3. Pretty much agreed. I don't know why Burton, Schumacher, and Nolan all went with the Batman-in-Armor angle. It's apocryphal. I just don't get it. Hopefully, we will get our tight-rope walking, vulnerable Batman when Frank Miller directs his TDKR. Or gets Zach Snyder to do it.
4. I don't agree. I, for one, was impressed by the music in the Prologue. It sounded like the Kronos Quartet doing Steve Reich. It struck me as elegant, cinematic, and appropriate. It works.
5. I totally disagree.
6. I don't think he was lazy. Rather, they erred on the side of Alfred as a paternal figure. He's warmer than most comic/cinematic incarnations.
7. Don't care. Reserving judgment.
8. I think the creation of the Rachel character was a mistake to begin with. Continuity may be damned, for all I care. That Mrs. Cruise gave a shotty performance. Maggie G. is pretty terrific. I mean, didn't you see her kick the Joker in the balls during the trailer?

1. The title, BB sucked. Its silly and lame. Batman Begins. STUPID. It sounds childish. I hate saying it. Should have been The Batman, or Batman: The Beginnning. Now we have TDK, which i lake, but nobody outside this forum knows that its about Batman! lol Bad marketing. Set things off on the wrong foot.

2. Bales voice. Its all wrong. From the tailer it sounds just as bad as it did in BB. I'm just waiting for the pinched face look and lisp to rear its ugly head again. Its Bale constipated in that suit or something? Has he been smoking 40 a day since the age of 10?

3. The Batsuit. Now the BB suit was bad enough, but the new one really is bad. Not since B&R have we been treated to such utter crap. Its Robocop meats the power Rangers. Silly and goofy. Orver worked clutter. The symbol just disappears in all that gunk. Thats not batman, that iron man. Tip to Mr Nolan. GET A NEW COSTUME DESIGNER!:o

4. The music. I'm hoping for great things this time, we we are still with the guys that brought us the totally unforgetable BB theme. COULD be boring again. Dull.

5. The Joker. Like Scarecrow, Nolan's realism has destroyed the Joker's real look. Nicholson looked more faithful to the comics that Ledger. Now I LIKE ledger's look, i'm down with it, but its not exactly faithful is it? I wanted the Joker from the Animated series. The Joker from HUSH, TLH, TKJ etc...

6. Alfred. Caine sounds and looks mothing like alfred. He doesn't even try to sound or look like the character. F- for effort there Sir can't be bothered to research my roles Caine.:grin:

8. Rachel. Now looks completely different! Maybe the Joker hacked her face up, and plastic surgery has made holmes look like Maggie. Or maybe Continuity is blown.:csad:

1. Batman Begins or just plain Batman I would've been fine with. However, if you were to name it "Batman" the masses would've been expecting a remake of Burton's movie.

2. Bale's voice is pitch-perfect. It has range and variance. He can switch it with ease the same as Kevin Conroy did on BTAS. Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney were all the same---no change in vocal pitch and didn't even give the character emotion or ferocity. It was plain, monotone, and dull.

3. The new batsuit takes some getting use to but nowhere is it in "Power-Rangers" territory. It gives him more mobility and roominess where he can jump around, pivot, move his head, fly and glide, and kick ass.

4. You didn't like Hans Zimmer's work? Pfft... now you've lost me completely.

5. I'll admit Nolan's realism does get in the way. I still want my perma-clowned Joker and hope Nolan's twist is that he is perma-clowned but despite him not being perma-clowned Heath has Joker's mood swings and personality downflat, he's funny and scary, has the green stringy hair, red lips, and chalk-makeup skin. And his suit is perfect.

6. Caine rocks. Next, you'll be attacking Morgan Freeman's Lucius Fox.

7. Is it needed? No. Is it cool? Yes. Does it look cool? No, not really. To me it reminds of the speeder bikes from "Return of the Jedi" except that it has humvee wheels on it.

8. I'm glad they recasted, even though I think Maggie Gyllenhal is kind of on the ugly side. Her and Cate Blanchett are two actresses who just don't do it for me. But least they got someone with acting chops. Katie Holmes is always acting as if she is still in her "Dawson's Creek" days. Is Rachel needed in this? No. In my opinion, Wayne is like Bond. He's always got a new main squeeze or arm-candy with him. Till Catwoman or Talia comes along, he's practically a swinger enjoying his bachelorhood and playboyish lifestyle. That's who he should be. Bale is the only one who plays Bruce as if he is someone who can buy out anyone or get any girl he wants but I hate that Nolan chooses to make Wayne as just some charismatic guy who is really lying to people and lying to himself making his swinger-identity just an identity. But maybe Nolan will tackle that in this movie, where Bruce realizes that he just wants to be Batman and that being Bruce Wayne isn't really who he is anymore. He's a crimefighter and not someone who's the prince of Gotham, a person destined for stardom, publicity, and wealth.

Last chance, for everyone. Next time I see someone say the slightest thing that can percieved as in an insult over an OPINION ABOUT A MOVIE (and just stop and think how silly it is to get angry over such a thing) I will be probating.

You should talk to the guy who just dropped the N-bomb on the Citizen Cane thread!

UPDATE:
What's with the title of this thread anyway? There's one spelling error and at least one neologism...

8. I'm glad they recasted, even though I think Maggie Gyllenhal is kind of on the ugly side.

Maggie Gyllenhal reminds me of the "Two Face" episode of Seinfeld. Where Jerry dated a girl who was sometimes attractive and other times hideous. That sort of sums up Maggie Gyllenhal. Sometimes she is very pretty. Other times she is kinda ugly.

You should talk to the guy who just dropped the N-bomb on the Citizen Cane thread!

UPDATE:
What's with the title of this thread anyway? There's one spelling error and at least one neologism...

Be so kind to send me a link and I will handle it.

Mod's why is this thread still open?

There is a thread that is on this page called "Concerns about this movie" And thats all this guy has posted here. Why have another pointless thread? Make him post in the "Concerns about this movie" thread.

Too many threads just popping up when there is all ready ones like it on the same darn page.

Mod's why is this thread still open?

There is a thread that is on this page called "Concerns about this movie" And thats all this guy has posted here. Why have another pointless thread? Make him post in the "Concerns about this movie" thread.

Too many threads just popping up when there is all ready ones like it on the same darn page.

This seems to me to be a thread about Nolan's faults as a director. Not the movie in general. I see no problem with it. But I'll tell you what. I'll merge this thread with the general concern thread...and in return I get to merge all of the threads about the Joker. Or all of the threads about Bale. Or here is an idea. I will merge ALL of the threads about characters and actors together and call it the "Character/Actor discussion thread" Capici?

Believe it or not, there can be more than one thread about what people dislike about this movie.

Or wait...here's another practical idea: DON'T POST IN THE THREAD! All of you people posting to call this kid stupid, have in turn kept this thread bumped. This is the fastest moving forum on the Hype. This thread could be buried on the third page by now if you guys just didn't go into it. If it bothers you so much, Solidus...stay out of it!

This seems to me to be a thread about Nolan's faults as a director. Not the movie in general. I see no problem with it. But I'll tell you what. I'll merge this thread with the general concern thread...and in return I get to merge all of the threads about the Joker. Or all of the threads about Bale. Or here is an idea. I will merge ALL of the threads about characters and actors together and call it the "Character/Actor discussion thread" Capici?

Believe it or not, there can be more than one thread about what people dislike about this movie.

Nolan does not have all the control as the director. Some of these "concerns" are not always in Nolan's hands.

Especially with big franchises the producers make the calls. So naming it BB.....I don't see that as a "fault of the director.

I know your a mod and all but man you don't have to sit there and attack the crap out of me when all I tried to do was lend a helping hand.

Nolan does not have all the control as the director. Some of these "concerns" are not always in Nolan's hands.

Especially with big franchises the producers make the calls. So naming it BB.....I don't see that as a "fault of the director.

I know your a mod and all but man you don't have to sit there and attack the crap out of me when all I tried to do was lend a helping hand.

Exactly, I'm the moderator...so please don't tell me how to do my job. If I feel like a thread should be closed or merged, I will do it. I do not feel like this one should be.

I can't take the moron who started this thread seriously. He doesn't even know how to spell the word "faults".

I can't take the moron who started this thread seriously. He doesn't even know how to spell the word "faults".

...sigh...take a couple days off Figman. I tried to warn all of you about insults...but clearly I need to make an example of someone.

OMG! I totally agree with you!

It should have been Randy Newman!

Wow... This thread seemed doomed from the start, and now it feels decidedly One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest-ish. I'm going to chill out by myself on the Watchmen boards.

This Thread FAILS

So none of the things in the film are actual flaws or as "fauts" as they say in your country, they're just your opinion based off your unhealthy obsession.

And the tailer should be worrying more about making suits, not telling people what Batman's voice sounds like.

I'd just like to point out the irony, that you insulted the way he misspelled "faults" and then went ahead and spelled "tailor" wrong

---Matt

Some people just never learn. You can both have a couple days off.

We need another "Bale's Butt is not round enough" post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"