Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

I heard this is a reliable source but this could big news if it turns out to be true

Hasbro To End Partnership With Toei - What This Means For Power Rangers On TV: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

Grains of salt

The Illuminerdi has recently got word that Hasbro will reportedly not be continuing their partnership with Toei, including the use of footage from Super Sentai for the Power Rangers television series. This means that according to our sources, Super Sentai will no longer be a factor in production for Power Rangers.
Power Rangers Dino Fury will be last season of the long-running franchise, after their contract with Nickelodeon expires.

It’s also important to note that production for the Power Rangers franchise has moved from Allspark to another Hasbro subsidiary, eOne. This transition can mean multiple things for Power Rangers. eOne is known for the popular children’s animated series Peppa Pig, so it’s possible that an animated adaptation could be in the works. That was not explicitly confirmed by our sources, however.

Fans are bringing up various examples that this was coming for awhile

The 3 year deal, the canceling of Sentai DVDs, the comments by people in the know.

What if Hasbro wants to adapt the comic book series? Imagine a cartoon series drawn like the comics?

51uOiE4.jpg

I hope so! I doubt Hasbro will let the franchise end but if we dont have to get any more cheaply written PR and an animated series or all original series instead? Count me in.

Hopefully if they decide to make shows completely their own now they can explore some different themes.

I heard this is a reliable source but this could big news if it turns out to be true

Hasbro To End Partnership With Toei - What This Means For Power Rangers On TV: Exclusive - The Illuminerdi

Grains of salt

Fans are bringing up various examples that this was coming for awhile

The 3 year deal, the canceling of Sentai DVDs, the comments by people in the know.

What if Hasbro wants to adapt the comic book series? Imagine a cartoon series drawn like the comics?

51uOiE4.jpg

Interesting.
I dont quite in details for technical things like copyrights but I guess it means... in the future, is PR no longer allowed to use Toei's design in any media without their permission, right?

That includes the Zyuranger design since legally it is Toei's property and design.

But that does not neccesary a bad thing though
Let Sentai be Sentai and PR be PR.
I am curious for PR original design.
(I always love their original design of 6th member that GoGo Five did not have).

Interesting.
I dont quite in details for technical things like copyrights but I guess it means... in the future, is PR no longer allowed to use Toei's design in any media without their permission, right?

That includes the Zyuranger design since legally it is Toei's property and design.

But that does not neccesary a bad thing though
Let Sentai be Sentai and PR be PR.
I am curious for PR original design.
(I always love their original design of 6th member that GoGo Five did not have).

I'd think they'd still be able to use past designs since it isnt like Saban was "renting" them. I think they just wont be able to use any future designs/footage.

Looks like there's a new Green Ranger joining The MMPR team in Boom Studio remake of Power Rangers
STL165407.jpg

Yep. The design isnt bad but it's to modern and stands out from the rest of the uniforms so in that aspect...they need to change the others or change him.

I must say.. it's crazy how iconic that MMPR suits are and how well they hold up with time. I'm sure there is a new live-action movie coming sooner rather than later, just use these dammit:

0fa536ec67ab5d2e6d5b2f2a14428b65.jpg

I'll believe the rumor about Toei/Power Rangers/Hasbro when I see it. Illuminerdi is not the most reliable source. They are hit and miss.

Anybody see the rumored cast for Dino Fury!? I hope it’s true! There will be a lot of first if it is! Also the rumored Green Ranger (Alexandra Nuñez) is beautiful! Plus the rumored cast would make this the most diverse PR season ever (two Latinos, a Blasian, a Black guy, an Asian guy and a non Blonde White girl). I hope it’s true (seems like it since they’re all following each other on IG)

Its been almost 10 years but I managed to rewatch SAMURAI SENTAI SHINKENGER (2009) on Bluray. This is my first rewatch since it first aired back in 2009.

(Wanted to share the very cool Bluray Box design:))

I must say, the first 2 episode is soooo good. Especially the first 3 minute of episode 1. From the first intro of Shinken Red in action with his cool swinging katana until the formation of all 5 Shinkenger. I love all of it!
Wow! I feel that I came back to the 2009 again. And hearing the opening song again...it brings the good memories.

For me, this is the most memorable and the best Super Sentai series of all time.
The very Japanese authentic theme with a lot of Buddhist and Shinto elements in it is what makes this series is so resonates with me personally.

I connect and relates the most with Kotoha (Shinken Yellow). She is my favorites character in the series.

The design of the villain (which inspired heavily on Buddhist and Shinto mythology) is really cool and top notch (Fuwa Juuzo's long katana is very cool!!)

Oh, this series is also the first series which included the Female Red. I am really believe it is not done before both in Super Sentai or Power Rangers series, so it is really a plus for me to have a cool Red Female Ranger in this series.

I really recommend this series to anyone here who has not watch it yet (I dont know if in America if this series is release on Bluray, but if it do, please watch it, it really worth to watch).

*oh, there are 2 episode (episode 24 and 25) in which a collaboration with Kamen Rider Decade (I recommend also watch Kamen Rider Decade to know what really happened on those 2 episodes).

Last edited:
Just curious, are Gokaiger and Shinkenger Blu-ray box sets with English subtitles readily available anywhere like that? I've always wanted to own both those series.

The one that I owned above does not have any subtitles.
Since I am a collector myself, I can say that all the Blurays/DVDs (being that is Super Sentai or Kamen Rider series) released in domestic market here in Japan does not have English subtitles, unfortunately.

Maybe if it is an overseas version that I am sure they will have English subtitles, ..
I found out a lot of 90s and 2000s Super Sentai series like Dairanger, Kakuranger, Ohranger, Megaranger, etc that they all have the US version DVD (and quite surprised that I checked on Amazon Japan that they only cost ¥5000-¥6000 JP yen for one series, thats very cheap compared to the local version with ¥30,000-¥50.000 just for one series) haha.

Anyway, ... if Shinkenger has not being release on US yet, I believe it will be soon (I think it is unlikely Shinkenger will be passed on after so many series being released there).

Ah, hope Gokaiger will make it too, TheVileOne :)
(Thats another great Sentai series with great theme and great members, Captain Marvelous is my favorite Red ranger, hehe)

Also, want to share my new favorite Sentai villain from the current Kiramager. :)

Its been a while since Super Sentai series has a human form villain. The cute Yodona (played by Momotsuki Nashiko, a gravure idol)

Recently, there are few online reunion talkshow between the alumni of some Super Sentai series cast that I'd like to share here.

Gingaman (1998) and GoGo V (1999) cast (22 years reunion talk)

Unfortunately,,there is not any English subtitle here...but if any friends here understand Japanese language, please watch it full video here as it is very interesting and very informative (especially for any Super Sentai fans).

I want to give my thanks especially to Shibata-san (who played Tatsumi Daimon/Go Yellow in GoGo V), ..
for those who dont know, he has a brain disease that makes him difficult to talk normally for the last few years. But seeing him speaking here (even post as Go Yellow once again) is very encouraging and very touching.

And I am surprised that Juri-san (who played Saya/Ginga Pink in Gingaman) is grown into such mature and beautiful woman (I remember she is not really that cute when she is in Gingaman). Haha
While Maehara-san (who played Ryoma/Ginga Red) is still cool after the last time I saw him in Gokaiger.

not just Gingaman and GoGo V,
There is some reunion talkshow too from some of old Sentai series. (As a part of 45th Anniversary of Super Sentai Festival).

15 years reunion cast talk of Magic Sentai Magiranger (2005) (Beppu Ayumi is still beautiful and cute even when now she is 37 years old)

8 years reunion cast talk of Go-Busters (2012)

19 years reunion cast talk of Gaoranger (2001)

Last edited:
Hope there will be Shinkenger reunion, too.
though I think it is a little bit difficult since with the cast of Shinkenger, two of them now become a big star. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"