Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

I always hate when a season only has one female ranger, but to make matters worse there's no yellow ranger and it's a dinosaur rehash. Hopefully Hasbro skips that adaption

Make blue or green into a girl. It's worked in the past.

Or hell, just make red into a girl.

So, I've been watching ShoutFactory's twitch page, and they have been showing GoGoFive today.

They have totally sold me on that series. It is amazing for a lot of reasons.

A bit late to the party, but the Super Sentai Series for 2020 (the 44th overall) has been revealed:

Mashin Sentai Kiramager

Super Sentai's New Team and Costumes Revealed

The new season will have a vehicle theme and will consist of 5 Rangers, with the Red, Blue, and Yellow being male Rangers and the Green and Pink Rangers being female.

The Team and Mecha:

A bit late to the party, but the Super Sentai Series for 2020 (the 44th overall) has been revealed:

Mashin Sentai Kiramager

Super Sentai's New Team and Costumes Revealed

The Team and Mecha:

The helmets here are the standouts, the rest of the suit looks like a mash-up between RPM and Dino-Charge. Not too shabby, they'd look much better without the shoulder pads.

I like how sparkly they are.

I just finished Lupinranger vs Patranger finally.. (I never got the chance to finish it when it aired)

with recent Sentai series had more light,fun, and humor for children too much (with the dance at the ending song), I'd say Lupinranger vs Patranger was a fresh breath of air for Sentai series overall.

Same like what Kamen Rider Ex-Aid brings fresh idea and unique to Kamen Rider series genre, I'd also say the same to Lupinranger vs Patranger. The show had 2 different team as opposite sides at the beginning (though the main story more focus on the Lupinranger), also it had balanced between characters, humor, and also serious drama at the same time.

I wish Komura Junko (who also write Doubutsu Sentai Zyuuouger) has given more opportunity by Toei to write more Sentai series in the future. I loved that her writing of a more mature theme compared to other Sentai writers (except for Kobayashi Yasuko, who is the main writer of the epic Gingaman and Shinkenger)

Too bad, Toei decided to go back to more light child friendly theme in Ryuusoulger.
I just hope Kiramager will be good. (considering the pink will be play by former idol group AKB48 member, I am hyped for the first Reiwa Sentai series:))

Last edited:
Since I just completed all the Bluray set of Kyuranger, I decide to watch it again since it aired 3 years ago...

This is perhaps one of my favorite series...
with all 9 main members (later to be added 3 more member) to make it a total 12 member (the most in Sentai history)..I just surprised all member can get their time to shine and fully developed over 48 episodes.

My favorite members are Stinger (orange), Champ (black), and Ootori Tsurugi (2nd Red).

This series has all of it,.... the humor, the drama, the action, cool villains, the cool battle combo, the cool costume and mecha, the very good opening theme, and interesting character dynamic. Again, my favorite are the dynamic between Stinger and Champ, and also Lucky and Tsurugi.

Wish Kyuranger had more recognition among fans, it seems fans here more tend to like Lupinranger vs Patranger than this series.

Last edited:
^ Those suits are mostly terrific! What year was this series?

It was 2017 series.
You should check it out, it was really good series.

Yes, the suits are good...so is the design of the villains (I really like Scorpio's design and all three of Fuku Shoguns design)

So I saw clips of Jasons "big return"...it certainly met the standards of what PR is today. I miss the days of original villains and fully original episodes. Dont use MMPR rangers if you cant get the actual actors.

Since I just completed all the Bluray set of Kyuranger, I decide to watch it again since it aired 3 years ago...

This is perhaps one of my favorite series...
with all 9 main members (later to be added 3 more member) to make it a total 12 member (the most in Sentai history)..I just surprised all member can get their time to shine and fully developed over 48 episodes.

My favorite members are Stinger (orange), Champ (black), and Ootori Tsurugi (2nd Red).

This series has all of it,.... the humor, the drama, the action, cool villains, the cool battle combo, the cool costume and mecha, the very good opening theme, and interesting character dynamic. Again, my favorite are the dynamic between Stinger and Champ, and also Lucky and Tsurugi.

Wish Kyuranger had more recognition among fans, it seems fans here more tend to like Lupinranger vs Patranger than this series.

I'm still lamenting that Power Ranfgers haven't adapted this yet. One of the best looking Sentai of all time,

I'm still lamenting that Power Ranfgers haven't adapted this yet. One of the best looking Sentai of all time,

It's looking like that'll be one of the Sentai series that's being skipped. Which is a shame considering it's space themed and even though PR had In Space, Megaranger wasn't space themed.

I admire what they were trying to do

-Instead all 10 rangers on the field(which is a logistics nightmare to film if done every week) They decided to split the teams up into smaller groups.

It gave some episodes some unique line ups

17630147_1603157476380589_8054134292557267956_n.jpg

However. Near the end of the series I was bored out of my mind and struggled to get the end. The baseball episode was terrible and I wasn't into Champ (Oshii Black) story

It was interesting to frame the series around the idea that Super Sentai teams never existed and the Kyurangers were a rebel force.

So I saw clips of Jasons "big return"...it certainly met the standards of what PR is today. I miss the days of original villains and fully original episodes. Dont use MMPR rangers if you cant get the actual actors.

It was horrible and I'm pretty sure it was a stunt double in the Red Ranger suit. The dubbing sounded awful and the lack of Tommy and trent is a huge disappointment for me.

It was horrible and I'm pretty sure it was a stunt double in the Red Ranger suit. The dubbing sounded awful and the lack of Tommy and trent is a huge disappointment for me.

Oh god, no more Tommy...

It was definitely a stunt double, ASJ hardly lost weight for the role and he's put on a lot of weight, he would look terrible in spandex.

He's in decent shape, definitely bulkier but he could probably pull off the spandex

The footage I saw of Goldar and his new voice was awful. He sounded nothing like the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"