Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

I can't believe they did those redubbing scenes from the past clips so horriblely especially with Lord Zedd (R.I.P Robert Axelrod) that was just disrespectful to his work.

Of all the team up in the modern era of Power Rangers (post Forever Red)

1. Legendary War (Extended cut) from Super Megaforce
2. Dimensions in danger from Super Ninja Steel
3. Once A Ranger (Operation overdrive)
4. Thunder Storm (Dino Thunder)
5. History and wormhole (S.P.D)
6. Samurai surprise (Megaforce)
7. Clash of Red (Samurai)

I can't believe they did those redubbing scenes from the past clips so horriblely especially with Lord Zedd (R.I.P Robert Axelrod) that was just disrespectful to his work.

Omg I saw clips of the scenes and WOW that was HORRIFIC. How do they rights to the clips but not the audio?

I admire what they were trying to do

-Instead all 10 rangers on the field(which is a logistics nightmare to film if done every week) They decided to split the teams up into smaller groups.

It gave some episodes some unique line ups

17630147_1603157476380589_8054134292557267956_n.jpg

However. Near the end of the series I was bored out of my mind and struggled to get the end. The baseball episode was terrible and I wasn't into Champ (Oshii Black) story

It was interesting to frame the series around the idea that Super Sentai teams never existed and the Kyurangers were a rebel force.

Yes, I agree..

The second half of the series (from episode 26) is not as engaging as the first half. In the first half, the series focuses on the interesting dynamic between Stinger and Champ, and also Stinger and Scorpio. While the second half of the series, the focus more on Tsurugi and Lucky. Lucky backstory of him being a prince is really not interesting.

But overall it is a solid series though..the final battle is quite satisfying also.

I liked the baseball episode though...it was a nice homage to the very first Sentai series, Goranger, where one of the most famous Kaijin in all Sentai series, Yakyu Kamen (Baseball Mask) is originated. Haha.

Last edited:
It's looking like that'll be one of the Sentai series that's being skipped. Which is a shame considering it's space themed and even though PR had In Space, Megaranger wasn't space themed.

Oh, thats interesting.
Is there any standard for Power Rangers of which Sentai series theme and costume they take and skip?

I just know that there is a lot of recent Sentai series that PR skipped. Although the ones they skipped is one of the best in the series. Like Tokyuger, Juuouger, Kyuranger, and Lupinranger vs Patranger. (Dairanger is also being skipped).

For Tokyuger and Lupinranger vs Patranger, I kinda understand why PR skipped it because the theme and costume is more of Japanese sense than American, but for Juuouger and Kyuranger, I think it will fit good for PR.

Last edited:
Speaking of which , I just remember...is there anyone here watches Akibaranger?

It is a parody show based on Sentai series (and also Power Rangers is also being mentioned).

There is episode where Tyranno Ranger and Dragon Ranger (The Red and Green from Zyuranger) appears and wearing American flag on their neck and belt. Hahahaha. They make fun by saying it is Japan/Super Sentai who ripped off Power Rangers.

It is very a funny show...I recommend it to watch for Sentai and also Power Rangers fans.

Oh, thats interesting.
Is there any standard for Power Rangers of which Sentai series theme and costume they take and skip?

I just know that there is a lot of recent Sentai series that PR skipped. Although the ones they skipped is one of the best in the series. Like Tokyuger, Juuouger, Kyuranger, and Lupinranger vs Patranger. (Dairanger is also being skipped).

For Tokyuger and Lupinranger vs Patranger, I kinda understand why PR skipped it because the theme and costume is more of Japanese sense than American, but for Juuouger and Kyuranger, I think it will fit good for PR.

I think it has to do with what they think the sales for toys will look like. I think they skipped one of the car seasons (mightve been a train?) because they figured it wouldnt sale state side.

I think it has to do with what they think the sales for toys will look like. I think they skipped one of the car seasons (mightve been a train?) because they figured it wouldnt sale state side.

Oh. I see..
I think thats Tokyuuger (the train motif) that you mentioned.
Thats strange since the actual car motif (Car
ranger from 1996 and Go-onger from 2008 series) has a more weird and obscure theme but PR adapted it, I believe.

Hasbro and to an extent Neo Saban era seem to think that only dinosaurs and ninja sell. They choose Go-busters as their first season but then they choose Ryuusoulger to adapt next when they could have adapted Lupinranger VS Patranger or like someone said Kyuranger

Jason says "he must be related to the Goldar I fought"

Jason was wrong. He thought Goldar Maximus was a relative to Goldar. He didn't know it was the ressurrected Goldar.

Last edited:
Yes, I remember they adapted Gobusters (2012 Sentai series) as the recent Power Rangers adaptation. Then I hear it is straight to Ryuusoulger. It seems the case is same with Sentai production. Toei's main sponsor (Bandai) has voices of which design and theme to be made/pick into the final product. In the end, it all goes back into toy sales.

Back to Power Rangers, I personally never seen a full TV series show of its adaptations, I grew up more of Sentai series (I am in Japan, after all, hehe..) with Liveman and Fiveman as my first ever Super Sentai series.

I only saw Power Rangers by the first two episodes of Shinkenger's PR adaptation, because they are included in special features of my Shinkenger Bluray Collection...which to my surprise, it has the very same story and almost same dialogue with what Kobayashi Yasuko script in Shinkenger episode 1 and 2.

I also watched the 2 movie, which 2 of them I love. One is the movie with the combination of Zyuranger costume & Dairanger's white Kiba-ranger suit, and last... a full pre-transform Kakuranger's ninja suit & mecha. And one from 2017 movie which I really like also.

I am curious to watch more of the adaptations though...Especially I am curious to see the PR adaptation of Gingaman and GoGo V (since in GoGo V, its version of Power Rangers has the 6th member that GoGo V did not have). I slowly will search it on youtube. :)

Hasbro and to an extent Neo Saban era seem to think that only dinosaurs and ninja sell. They choose Go-busters as their first season but then they choose Ryuusoulger to adapt next when they could have adapted Lupinranger VS Patranger or like someone said Kyuranger

Jason was wrong. He thought Goldar Maximus was a relative to Goldar. He didn't know it was the ressurrected Goldar.

Thanks for the clip above...Watching the clip, it seems like in the 2017 movie, Power Rangers series still does not have a member's battle calling?

In Sentai, I feel there is something lack if before battling the enemy, the teams does not shout and calling their names, haha.

Speaking of which, I am glad that Kiramager (and also Kamen Rider Zero One) has resume shooting. There is no new episodes for a few weeks now for those two show.

I worried a few months back when I hear Komiya Rio (who play Red in Kiramager) has positive corona that this year's Sentai series will be cancelled. Glad he is getting better now and ready to resume the activity and shooting now.

This year's Sentai series has the most cutest pink in all series. :)

I liked Beast Morphers overall a lot more than the Neo-Saban seasons put together. Can't wait to see Dino Fury. Something I'd like to see is Blaze and Roxy become proper Rangers since they missed out on it thanks to Evox. I feel like there's good storytelling potential there.

So the RPG Power Rangers Heroes of The Grid came out with two new expansion pack featuring The Space Rangers vs. Psycho Rangers and a villain pack dedicated to The Machine Empire from Power Rangers Zeo . These can be added to the rest of the series.
d14edfcd2ead8e50d1b87f02d724aa03_original.jpg

Its nice that Power Rangers is probably the most popular its been in the last decade but they dont seem to be doing anything to make the show more popular and bring it back to a stable quality.

Its nice that Power Rangers is probably the most popular its been in the last decade but they dont seem to be doing anything to make the show more popular and bring it back to a stable quality.

The Boom series comics actually have done a pretty good job. Particularly The Mighty Morphin era post Shattered Grid.

As for the brand of Power Rangers, I think the success has to go to the actors who continue to pump out the products in social media. From JDF, to David, Walter, Amy, Kathy, Ashley, Austin, Jason etc...

In fact there a zoom meeting scheduled for this month featuring many Rangers from the 27 years.

Hopefully since Hasbro has fully taken over...they'll start giving us some quality PR, it can be an easy franchise with multiple shows going on at once.

This was a great way to tie series together in Beast Morphers

The MMPR line-up that appeared in the Beast Morphers team-up is likely the original cast from the 1st season. Rocky, Adam, Aisha, and Catherine never commanded the DinoZords.

Wasn't Doctor K from a post-apocalyptic Earth? How is she able to talk to Devon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"