Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

So on the Power Rangers Subreddit, there's a thread about which secondary good guy characters should have been Power Rangers. The common choices were Boom of Power Rangers SPD (although the actor did play the role of Mick in Ninja Steel and Cosmic Fury and both times he became a Power Ranger), Claire from Power Rangers Mystic Force (the somewhat clumsy apprentice), Fran from Jungle Fury and of course....Bulk and Skull (who were Rangers in the comics apparently). Others also include Hayley from Dino Thunder, Captain Mitchell and Ms. Fairweather from Light Speed Rescue, Spencer the Butler from Operation Overdrive and Commander Shaw from Beast Morphers.

So there are some rumors about the remake:

• It will take place in Angel Grove, but an alternate universe, not the same as in MMPR through Power Rangers in Space.
  • 5 Power Rangers (not MMPR) but no black ranger. 3 females (red, yellow and pink), 2 males (green and blue).
  • 10 episodes, but each close to an hour long rather than half an hour.
  • A bit of a twist: instead of "Power Ranger (or future Power Ranger) becomes evil due to an evil spell, the others have to break the spell in order to turn him, and when that Ranger turns good, they remain good" as we have seen from MMPR to Cosmic Fury it's "this Ranger will turn evil on their own and betray the team, no magical spells turning this Ranger evil, the Ranger turned evil on their own" and it's rumored to be the Green Ranger.

So there are some rumors about the remake:

• It will take place in Angel Grove, but an alternate universe, not the same as in MMPR through Power Rangers in Space.
  • 5 Power Rangers (not MMPR) but no black ranger. 3 females (red, yellow and pink), 2 males (green and blue).
  • 10 episodes, but each close to an hour long rather than half an hour.
  • A bit of a twist: instead of "Power Ranger (or future Power Ranger) becomes evil due to an evil spell, the others have to break the spell in order to turn him, and when that Ranger turns good, they remain good" as we have seen from MMPR to Cosmic Fury it's "this Ranger will turn evil on their own and betray the team, no magical spells turning this Ranger evil, the Ranger turned evil on their own" and it's rumored to be the Green Ranger.
....sounds very fanmade tbh.

After Hasbro was afraid of making a black character into a white ranger....i wouldn't be surprised if they nixed those 2 colors all together for no good reason.

....sounds very fanmade tbh.

After Hasbro was afraid of making a black character into a white ranger....i wouldn't be surprised if they nixed those 2 colors all together for no good reason.

True, but I don't mind the whole
Power Ranger who betrays his team and becomes evil because he/she wants to be and not because they are under an evil spell
because we have seen the whole "Ranger or character who becomes a Ranger becomes evil because of evil spells but turns to good and stays good" too many times, starting with Tommy Oliver and Katherine Hillard in MMPR and most recently Ollie in Cosmic Fury.

ohhkay. FYI, Dekaranger is 20 years old if you want to think about that....romance?.

ohhkay. FYI, Dekaranger is 20 years old if you want to think about that....romance?.

Well… that’s a brick to my face :skull:.

Also apparently Dekaranger was Aoto Watanabe’s favourite and he had a crush on DekaYellow so he’s just living through his fantasy :hehe:.

The comics should do this if ever they ever get that far in the story. Hell Saban should've done it since they could've kept the same costumes, just slightly altered helmets. The film did a really good job of mixing both and not even really noticing
435159180_398454293047935_1597637738157621521_n.jpg

The comics should do this if ever they ever get that far in the story. Hell Saban should've done it since they could've kept the same costumes, just slightly altered helmets. The film did a really good job of mixing both and not even really noticing
435159180_398454293047935_1597637738157621521_n.jpg
I was looking for this after ConnertheWaffle's retrospective video.

Wait, Kingohger is getting 3 crossover specials? (Actually 4, forgot about the Kamen Rider crossover series)

I find it interesting that Aisha is the only MMPR to not have returned in her Ranger form within the last decade (The Yellow Ranger in Super Megaforce's Legendary Battle was absolutely Trini, because Rocky and Adam appeared in their morphed forms as the Zeo Rangers in that battle. It's also highly unlikely she was the Yellow Ranger in Beast Morpher's Grid Connection either as that is also Trini). I have noticed that Five MMPR Rangers have never had either a color change or a suit change ever and Aisha is one of them, with the others being Zack, Billy, Kimberly and Trini (as Jason was briefly the Gold Zeo Ranger). That look would have given Billy, Kimberly and Aisha a suit change.

Rocky was MMPR Red but became Zeo Blue. Adam was MMPR Black but became Zeo Green. Jason was MMPR Red but Zeo Gold. Katherine was MMPR Pink and got suit changes with Zeo Pink and Turbo Pink. Tommy went from MMPR Green to MMPR White to Zeo and Turbo Red to Dino Black (Dino Thunder).

Even Trini becomes the Red Ranger in the comics (which I hate them forcing the "red has to be leader")

Even Trini becomes the Red Ranger in the comics (which I hate them forcing the "red has to be leader")
Now they're not bound by the sexism of the Super Sentai series and give us a damn female red ranger and another color as leader. I know Tommy technically was leader for 2 seasons as the White Ranger.

I think had Thuy Trang lived, she would have likely embraced the Power Rangers fans at Conventions and vice versa. Her life was cut way to short to ever embrace that. At least Jason David Frank got to embrace that.

Decided to revisit one of the Showa' series in Choushinsei Flashman (1986)
One of my first crush was on the villain rather than the heroines😄

and Imo it still had one of the best opening song in the series, and what I really love from the early Sentai series is that it had this pure and classic tokusatsu trope and heroisms (though understandably, it is an out of date sensibilities in this Reiwa era..haha)

But during the early Showa....I think no other Series is better than Dai Sentai Google V (1982).

From the OST, the action, the cast, the villain, It was a just sooo good and imo...it still had the best Black Ranger, played by the legendary Haruta Junichi-shi (he's done all the stunt by himself!!) and the cutest Pink Ranger in Momozono Miki 🥰

Ahh and also the villain, Death Mark is perhaps the most frightening looking villain in the series...so creepy and unsettling at times🥶

And the mecha/zord assembling sequence is just....GOLD! It had the epic feel that the newest entries has lacked

Last edited:
Someone made an edit of Power Rangers opening with a Goggle V footage 😆😆😆, the series that aired 10 years before Zyuranger.

I gotta say this is dope...

And speaking of Goggle V, upon watching it again and seeing their first transform/morph sequence, this is definitely top 10 best super sentai series for me...the suits is sooo retro that it was sooo memorable 😀 and the ost...the ost is just the best😋

Last edited:
Hasbro is outsourcing power rangers toys.

Why did they want this property exactly? It's literally going to stay in limbo outside of comics isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"