Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

Getting back to the series, I did enjoy "Fool's Hour". Though it did raise some questions.

How is Sledge alive if he's 65 million years old? Also, if Koda has been alive for 100,000 years, why does he still talk like a caveman? I mean, he said himself he's been outside, did he really have no contact with humans up until recently?

Finally, did anyone else notice that they kept showing the Red Ranger using only one Dino Charger? He should've had all three used up by the end of the episode, what was that about?

I was watching it again and saw the cast list, Divatox and Scorpina were in this? Where?

Starninger will debut near the end of March.

ojypq2l.jpg

This popped up on twitter

6zkCSmY.jpg

It's a pretty early debut. Usually 6th ranger's appear in the show around June.

Last time this happened was in Kyoryuger.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing that Fan film as a regular series or movie? IMO it works well for the people who grew up with the original Rangers and it could be great to see some of the former Rangers return to their former roles for it.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who didn't like the fan film? Technically it was very well done, and I really did enjoy the ending twist. And actually, if Zeo hadn't happened and such, I'd have been way onboard with Rocky as the underutilized Ranger gone bad. After all, he may not be the weakest Red Ranger, but he's basically the only Red that wasn't a team leader because of Tommy.

That said, it was a little too dark for me. I'm in the camp that thinks Saban needs to cater to more than just the 5-8 year old demographic, and I think something like RPM had a pretty good balance, but this was a bit too extreme. And the fact that the director and producer of this were pretty harsh on the franchise and its fans in interviews didn't sit well with me.

I cant beleive this show is still on. Anyone know how the ratings are in Japan? Is it still relevant in Jap culture. I guess I would assume so since they are still cranking them out. Is the same company making them over there?

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing that Fan film as a regular series or movie? IMO it works well for the people who grew up with the original Rangers and it could be great to see some of the former Rangers return to their former roles for it.

It'd be great to explore that world in a comic/graphic novel format I'd say. Maybe get IDW to do it?

I cant beleive this show is still on. Anyone know how the ratings are in Japan? Is it still relevant in Jap culture. I guess I would assume so since they are still cranking them out. Is the same company making them over there?

-Toei has been there since the beginning(1975)

-Super sentai is a staple of Japanese pop culture

Anyone still keeping up with Dino Charge? Also Claire Blackwelder is pretty much the Power Rangers' version of Arrow's Felicity Smoak. Hot damn!
kendall.png

smoak.jpg

I hate to be a downer about Dino Charge, but this has too much of a 'Dino Thunder' feel about it, that I just can't get into.

I hate to be a downer about Dino Charge, but this has too much of a 'Dino Thunder' feel about it, that I just can't get into.

Dino Thunder was a pseudo-sequel to the MMPR era with the story revolving around Tommy being the Zordon figure to a bunch of new kids as they fight a new threat.

I wouldn't say Dino Charge is like Dino Thunder other than sharing the Dinosaur theme.

First, Kendall is NOT Felicity. Why? Because Felicity is NICE!!!

Second, I can see the connections between Dino Chargo and Dino Thunder/MMPR. They're subtle, but obvious in some ways.

Today's episode was good, and it was actually logical why Chase was able to focus on his skateboard, cause you NEED to focus to ride it well.

I'm not sure about the leader, it's probably the writing, but he has some REALLY cheesy lines. That and he repeats himself a lot.

Also, when he said, "We're the invincible ones!" I was like, "really? Cause you got your butts whipped a few episodes ago. Arrogant much?"

So, for old school Power Rangers fans I thought this was a really cool and VERY interesting interview with Austin St. John. He's usually not been very vocal about Power Rangers stuff but its nice he's coming out of his shell and speaking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRuSjW6_LOQ

What strikes me the most interesting is when he reveals how crappy Saban treated them and how they got paid pennies. Power Rangers was a HUGE phenomenon in the 90's, on the level of Pokemon, thats CRAZY that Saban didn't pay them a decent wage. Just goes to show you, corporate greed, man...

Should this happen?
Can this happen?
WTF just HPND?

Bootleg%20Special%20Styles%20Mysic%20Hero%20Ranger%20Figures.jpg~original

POWER%20RANGERS%20MYSTIC%20BOOTLEG%20_1.jpg~original

More importantly WHY ISN'T THIS HAPPENING!!!!? LOL!

Last edited:
So, for old school Power Rangers fans I thought this was a really cool and VERY interesting interview with Austin St. John. He's usually not been very vocal about Power Rangers stuff but its nice he's coming out of his shell and speaking about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRuSjW6_LOQ

What strikes me the most interesting is when he reveals how crappy Saban treated them and how they got paid pennies. Power Rangers was a HUGE phenomenon in the 90's, on the level of Pokemon, thats CRAZY that Saban didn't pay them a decent wage. Just goes to show you, corporate greed, man...

That's why Saban doesn't like unions and tries to get free lance actors.

\
What strikes me the most interesting is when he reveals how crappy Saban treated them and how they got paid pennies..

It's all public knowledge Saban treated the casts badly. They didn't get paid much(500 to 750 a week).They worked long hours also.

Acting Under Orders

Does John Key know the conditions facing Kiwi workers within US film and TV productions here?

http://werewolf.co.nz/2012/10/dealing-with-mistah-hollywood/

The contract that is being offered to Kiwis seems to give the Power Rangers producers a staggering amount of power over the actors it employs. The preamble to the contract document for instance, says that the performer has to be available anytime between I October 2012, and 10 May 2013 (by my reckoning, a period of 222 days) but “shall be guaranteed a minimum of 20 (twenty) not necessarily consecutive days” during that production cycle. These “working days” are 12 hours in duration, with a 45 minute lunch break. There’s a week of preparation that the performer is also expected to donate to the production free of charge :

At Producer’s request and subject to Performer’s professional availability, Performer shall appear at such place(s) designated by Producer during the period of one (1) week immediately preceding Performer’s start date(s) hereunder for tests, photo sessions, makeup and wardrobe. Performer agrees that, except as….agreed by the parties in writing, no additional fees shall be payable by Producer in connection therewith or in connection with any and all necessary travel or hold days, and Performer‘s start date(s) shall not be accelerated thereby.

Ask any senior Israeli official involved in national security, and he will tell you that the strategic relationship between the United States and Israel has never been stronger than under President Obama….That cooperation has included close coordination by intelligence agencies — including the deployment of cyberweapons, as recent news reports have revealed — to thwart Iran’s nuclear ambitions.
And is Obama grateful to Haim Saban ? You bet he is. Last month, Obama appointed Saban’s wife Cheryl Saban as the official US representative for this session of the United Nations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"