Endgame Qs/ things you liked/disliked/wanted to see in Endgame [SPOILERS]

Wanted Hulk to smash. After that duel with Doctor Strange and Thanos in IW, I wanted a round 2! Would’ve been nice for the battle to have other big moments for other characters. The Defenders battling in New York would’ve been good or even having Daredevil in the therapy group with Captain America talking about how he may not have seen everyone being turned to dust but he most definitely felt it. Few missed opportunities.
Yeah, a few Hulk smashes should have been added and they would only have taken an extra 40 seconds or so. Hulk was so popular in the first Avengers and we could have seen Prof Hulk fight now that it's really needed.

It's a shame nothing could be worked out for the likes of Daredevil to make a cameo too.

The opening Hawkeye scene.
Scott Lang searching for his daughter among the Vanished memorial
Captain America. Chris Evans solidifies why he owns this role.
The Final Battle

Dislikes

Hated the 5 year time jump. It was only there because the Russos wanted to justify all the unnecessary changes to the characters.

The lazy treatment of characters. Namely Thanos, Captain Marvel, Hulk and Thor:

Captain Marvel was nothing more than a plot device when she should've been integrated into the plot alot better. No forging of relationships. No character development. Nothing. Completely undermines your female empowerment scene when you can't even get one of your most important female characters right. Apparently Fury only called her to be Tony's Uber driver and to smash a ship. Wow.

Thanos. Killing him off in the first 10 minutes, killed whatever stakes you could've had moving forward. The looming threat that he was in Infinity War was removed and replaced with a Back To The Future plot.. All that great work on making him a great villain was killed off in 10 mins. Past Thanos had no connection to his future self's experience/memories so therefore whatever satisfaction the Avengers would've gotten from defeating him in the final battle is removed. This is apparent with Scarlet Witch. The scene with her overpowering him in the final battle would've had more impact if he did remember who she was.

Thor - They completely destroyed this character. The Thor that had the best entrance in Infinity War was reduced to being a gag. And nothing else. I don't care what excuse the Russos gave for this. It was ridiculous and stupid. They could've cut out all of his scenes and I wouldn't have missed any of them.

Hulk - He did nothing. Almost as useless as Thor. Professor Hulk was just a cosmetic change. It nothing to the story. He could've just as well been Bruce Banner

The over reliance on comedy to get the audience through scenes rather than an actual plot that justifies the 3 hr runtime. It dragged the film down.

Captain America's ending. It made no sense. But I'm happy he wasn't killed.

The fact that a rat saved the universe. So I'm supposed to believe in all the scenarios Doctor Strange saw, it came down to a rat releasing Scott Lang out of the Quantum Realm? Did the Russos forget about the time vortex line in Antman and The Wasp? Were they drunk?

Last edited:
what did you guys think of War Machine in this? He got way more screentime and dialogue, but he didn't contribute at all to the final battle. I felt he was really buddy buddy with the others and it was good to see him having scenes with others rather than solely Stark. Though, I had hoped we would see him battling Thanos along with Stark.

Found out this interesting tidbit from the norse myth version of Frigga, Thor's mom.

Frigg - Norse Mythology for Smart People

Like Freya, Frigg is depicted as a völva, a Viking Age practitioner of the form of Norse magic known as seidr. Seidr involved discerning the course of fate and working within its structure to bring about change, often by symbolically weaving new events into being.[

what did you guys think of War Machine in this? He got way more screentime and dialogue, but he didn't contribute at all to the final battle. I felt he was really buddy buddy with the others and it was good to see him having scenes with others rather than solely Stark. Though, I had hoped we would see him battling Thanos along with Stark.
Exactly as you say. It was great to see him interacting with everyone and feeling like part of the team. But it’s strange that he and a number of others barely featured in the final battle. It can’t be due to runtime as these guys can be added to scenes with other characters. I liked seeing Iron Man and Rescue fighting together and would have liked a scene with the 3 of them together doing some combo moves.

Last edited:
Liked the movie a lot overall but had some major problems with it in the end.

Hulks role was such a disappointment in both this and IW. The strongest one there is got one fight in 2 movies in which he was decimated.

Vision, lots of hints given in IW he could survive without the stone, yet he didn’t and played no role here at all.

Bucky was severely under used and no satisfying ending for him and Steve.

Fat Thor was hit and miss for me

One thing I'm not so happy about both Endgame and Infinity War is that Red Skull is reduced to a wraith on Vormir who guards the Soul Stone. In the comics he was such a super villain and Cap's arch enemy, and in the MCU he was a one-and-done villain in the First Avenger.

I hope nothing similar happens to Dr Doom when we eventually get him.

I can’t think of anything about this film that I actively disliked. There were a few bits that didn’t quite work for me but YMMV. The opening scene with Clint and his family didn’t do anything for me. We know instantly what’s going to happen so what ought to be a gut punch just...isn’t. And once deus ex Captain Marvel shows up the whole scene with Tony and Nebula in the spaceship seemed kind of pointless. Overall I’d say the movies biggest weakness is it’s over-indulgence, which to be fair is expected of The Big Payoff film. And better to be too much than not enough.

The one thing that still annoys me one day after watching the flick is Widow being the only OG Avenger missing from the final battle and the A-Force scene. And, as I feared would happen, her death was completely overshadowed and nearly forgotten after Stark's snap. And now we're stuck with a Black Widow prequel flick I have zero interest in seeing.

The one thing that still annoys me one day after watching the flick is Widow being the only OG Avenger missing from the final battle and the A-Force scene. And, as I feared would happen, her death was completely overshadowed and nearly forgotten after Stark's snap. And now we're stuck with a Black Widow prequel flick I have zero interest in seeing.

I think they should've had a Black Widow prequel before Endgame. Could've even been in place of Captain Marvel, because Carol's movie wasn't all that necessary in the end. Sure, audiences might've been wondering who she was, but then was she even really that necessary to defeat Thanos? Her parts could've been done by someone else.

There was a video about how Tony Stark could've used one of Rocket's tools to repair the ship.

I would've preferred that than Captain Marvel saving them.

And then someone else at the end could've destroyed Thanos's ship. Or it could've been wiped out in the snap.

It's almost scary how little action we saw out of many of the heroes.

^THIS

I wonder if they blew all the budget on IW or what; considering how many toys they're planning to sell; it's just weird we got the minimum level of action for a superhero film. I still enjoyed and was happy to see more drama, but there was even more comedy than action.

Black Widow's only action scene was a 30-second scuffle with her best friend.
Hulk's victims were an already-smashed car and a bench.

I really enjoyed the emphasis on character moments and drama, don't get me wrong. But pretty much they saved all the action for the third act, and too bad so sad if certain characters weren't in it or were stuck saving others.

Wanted this to be a vehicle for Quicksilver to come back.
No Vision, but I guess without Shuri, he probably didn't have much of a chance....maybe later..

That's it, loved this film.

• Everything Iron Man related. Wow the way they ended his arc was amazing. And holy ****, Downey was amazing. This is his Logan. If not it's easily the next best thing.
  • The Tony/Thanos parallels continuing from Infinity War. I think it's fair to say this Thanos is MCU Tony's archenemy. Tony's arc doesn't otherwise work without him.
  • The final battle. So much tension and memorable events.
  • Cap lifting Mjolnir and seeing him at his best one final time before that touching ending.
  • All the emotional moments. Too many to list.
  • The Nat and Clint fight.
  • Getting a Hawkeye more fleshed out than ever. He finally has enough presence to feel like one of the main 6.
  • Rocket and Nebula undergoing tremendous character development. Rocket especially was one of the best humor/drama balances in the entire MCU. It would be a crime if Vol. 3 regresses him back to comic relief.
  • Lots of great moments with Thor.
  • Lots of great callbacks.
  • Time travel rules that make some sense by general movie standards.
Dislikes
  • Thanos' plan still makes no sense. At the very least he's back to being an evil piece of **** instead of the sympathetic take they were going for.
  • Lack of a clear character arc and natural progression from other movies for Thor and Hulk. Hulk has this problem significantly more than Thor.
  • While I think this is the best place to give Cap an ending, it's bittersweet. I think what hurts MCU Cap compared to Tony (and to a lesser extent Thor) is he never got that ongoing enemy to parallel him the way they did. Marvel just got Red Skull and the Kang rights back and now we'll never see them go up against Steve. In hindsight I think this makes MCU Steve feel more underwhelming.
  • The Russos' Spider-Man as always. I'm a broken record on this. Although the effect he had on Tony is great.
  • Not sure if Cap's "Avengers Assemble" made sense in context. They're already assembled, right? And there's very few in that final battle that were actual Avengers.
  • Some of the callbacks were too on the nose.
  • Hawkeye was the Punisher for five years and now is back to normal. Hopefully the TV show addresses this.
  • The quantum time travel stuff is decent, but I still don't get why they have to return the stones to each time-line so reality doesn't fall apart. I thought you can't change the past.
  • If this world is this strictly guided by quantum physics, how does the Time Stone fit in?
  • Bringing everyone back while leavingtthe five-year gap is either silly or the most embarassing thing Marvel's put out. So we're gonna conveniently ignore a dystopian five-year period and pretend everything is back to normal? Unless Banner intentionally use the Reality Stone in such way it wouldn't cause the cluster**** of a situation it would be. Then it's just silly.
  • The Avengers will just have a time machine laying around going forward? It works for Endgame as an ending but kills the stakes for future films. Although they can fix this with Kang...

Last edited:
my favourite thing was scarlet witch wrecking thanos because she got to showcase her power
i loved their interaction

"i don't even know who you are"
"You will"

I feel likethe original six, Ant-Man, Nebula and even Captain Marvel served a purpose in the film. While War Machine could have been replaced by someone else and the flow of the story would have been the same, like Black Widow could have looked for Hawkeye without assistance from him. War machine was basically a Sarcastic Machine throughout the film. Rocket too, if they swapped Star Lord and Rocket, there wouldn't have been a huge difference.

What did Hawkeye bring back with him when he went to the past and briefly saw his family but was ripped back to the present?

What did Hawkeye bring back with him when he went to the past and briefly saw his family but was ripped back to the present?
I think it was a baseball mitt to prove that physical objects from that time can be brought back

I was hoping we'd get the Thanos copter.

tod9xk5165h11.jpg

thanos-copter-display.jpg

qp2qmhfmwbs11.jpg

We didn't even get a nod to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back