Endgame Qs/ things you liked/disliked/wanted to see in Endgame [SPOILERS]

Thor in Infinity War tells the Guardians that Thanos "slaughtered half my people." That always gave them an out to bring back Valkyrie.

Good attention to detail with Rhodey's paralysis. It was brought back. I kinda wish it was made into a bigger deal in IW. Just a few lines to emphasize the difficulty with being an Avenger with a major disability.

Wish we could have seen a bit more Ronin/Hawkeye on his rampage/mission in the 1st Act, would have liked to have seen more of his skills and what he did in that was eluded to in Mexico, obviously not in a graphic way but a bit more build up to his reveal would have gone a long way, not a major complaint but just wanted more of something that was a really cool idea.
^THIS.

I'd have loved for a 30 second scene which show Rhodey in Mexico watching a video of Ronin's eviscerating the cartel. It'd do a lot to show how far down he fell.

Or even a scene when he came to the crew that maybe Rhodey was weary to have him join them again.

Good attention to detail with Rhodey's paralysis. It was brought back. I kinda wish it was made into a bigger deal in IW. Just a few lines to emphasize the difficulty with being an Avenger with a major disability.

When did they reference it in the film and what did they say? I don't remember it.

The writers of Endgame and IW also had a hand in the show. This also goes back to Peggy being introduced in TFA which... They also had a hand in writing.
So for the TV Writers Guild they already owned the character Jarvis so didn't get to demand money for the movie to use Jarvis which stops most other cameos in their tracks. The price paid to a writer doing no further work just isn't worth the fan service. Where as most producers will pay to get the perfect pop song that the director wants

When did they reference it in the film and what did they say? I don't remember it.
basically after Thanos attacked. Rhodey left his armor and was crawling. Seemed to indicate he was severly disable without it.

One thing I would've liked to have seen after Hulk snapped everyone back and before Thanos attacked is showing all the people in the world coming back and being reunited with their loved ones. That would've been an emotional scene. Imagine thinking people are dead and gone forever, and then suddenly coming back after 5 years and having a second chance with them.

They could've had at least a minute of montage of that and then Thanos could've attacked. We never got to see everyone reunited the way the film played out. They could even have done that after the battle if they didn't want to interrupt the flow, but it cut straight to Tony's funeral instead.

I liked how they did it in the movie more. When Laura's name comes up on the phone, it's very emotional. There is a level of suspense to it. Doing a montage is too in your face and would lessen the impact on events later in the movie, such as Strange teleporting everyone to the final battle.

Also the montages after the battle would have stepped on the honoring of Tony Stark, before the "on your left" would have broken the tension of Captain America getting ready for his last stand with a broken shield and arm.

I think we might see the reunions early in chapter 23, Far From Home

They should've shown how they reappeared. Did they appear at the same spot they were dusted at? What about the person in the helicopter that crashed? Where did they reappear in the sky? Same goes for the people that were on airplanes in the sky? Or the ones on the ships in the middle of the ocean?

Also the montages after the battle would have stepped on the honoring of Tony Stark, before the "on your left" would have broken the tension of Captain America getting ready for his last stand with a broken shield and arm.

I think we might see the reunions early in chapter 23, Far From Home

The montages wouldn't have broken the "on your left" scene because that wouldn't have even happened yet. I'm talking about before Thanos even attacked the Avengers compound. If when Laura Barton called, they also showed people in the world being reunited. A moment of rejoicing, and then Thanos blasts the compound and destroys everything.

Or they could've put it after Stark's funeral when they showed Peter Parker going back to school and seeing Ned. They could've shown lots of people being reunited. That would be before Cap goes back in time to return the stones.

The montages wouldn't have broken the "on your left" scene because that wouldn't have even happened yet. I'm talking about before Thanos even attacked the Avengers compound. If when Laura Barton called, they also showed people in the world being reunited. A moment of rejoicing, and then Thanos blasts the compound and destroys everything.

Or they could've put it after Stark's funeral when they showed Peter Parker going back to school and seeing Ned. They could've shown lots of people being reunited. That would be before Cap goes back in time to return the stones.

This would have worked better than the idea of showing it when Laura was calling, but even there we kind of do get this re-uniting montage. It is just focused on the heroes as opposed to random extras. Honestly, I don't think it was needed though.

Taking that time may have broken the shock of the strike. To get the montage what do you give up? The Giant Man rescue, Hawkeye versus the xenomorhs, Spider-man needed to activate instant kill mode.

Judging by Aunt May in the Far From Home trailer
With the homeless benefit
we will see the reunions and aftermath in MCU 23. MCU 22 was running out of time for everyone's want.

One thing I would've liked to have seen after Hulk snapped everyone back and before Thanos attacked is showing all the people in the world coming back and being reunited with their loved ones. That would've been an emotional scene. Imagine thinking people are dead and gone forever, and then suddenly coming back after 5 years and having a second chance with them.
idk, if this would really be the happy reunited scene your picturing... Billions of people reappearing out of thin air across the world all at once (without warning) this would be total chaos

idk, if this would really be the happy reunited scene your picturing... Billions of people reappearing out of thin air across the world all at once (without warning) this would be total chaos

Perhaps not everyone around the world, but the ones we were hoping for and seeing them talk about needing to get to the Avengers compound, as well as Strange mentioning to Wong the others they needed to recruit.

The Russos seem to rely too heavily on skipping completely past things that would flesh out a film more efficiently. Same goes for "off-screen" character development.

Perhaps not everyone around the world, but the ones we were hoping for and seeing them talk about needing to get to the Avengers compound, as well as Strange mentioning to Wong the others they needed to recruit.

The Russos seem to rely too heavily on skipping completely past things that would flesh out a film more efficiently. Same goes for "off-screen" character development.
Eh... for me, if they had shown that, it might've lessened the 'heck yeah!' impact of them arriving as Cap is making his last stand.

I was good with how they had that all play out.

Just my opinion, however.

I agree it plays out best in the movie. We don't need to see every last detail.

Eh... for me, if they had shown that, it might've lessened the 'heck yeah!' impact of them arriving as Cap is making his last stand.

I agree watching Dr Strange, or an after death note from the Ancient One summon the sorcerers to start transporting armies to the battlefield takes away from "on your left" at the critical moment

Oh I get the surprise element - it's one of the things I grappled with as I was digesting my thoughts because as Cap was getting up off the ground, I completely forgot about Hulk's snap.

But why did it take so long for the cavalries to arrive? Seems like it's a forced delay by the directors. The other problem I keep running into every time I watch is because how it plays out - the returning characters feel shoehorned in and get lost in the CGI craziness.

It's still fun, but I was hoping for a game changer and a lot more featuring of teammwork, as well as special powers.

Oh I get the surprise element - it's one of the things I grappled with as I was digesting my thoughts because as Cap was getting up off the ground, I completely forgot about Hulk's snap.

But why did it take so long for the cavalries to arrive? Seems like it's a forced delay by the directors. The other problem I keep running into every time I watch is because how it plays out - the returning characters feel shoehorned in and get lost in the CGI craziness.

It's still fun, but I was hoping for a game changer and a lot more featuring of teammwork, as well as special powers.
As a veteran of a unit whose primary job was a rapid mobilization and deployment if anything the ability of the Wakandan Army to form before the snapture and Cap's army, especially the Asgardians who were not mobilized before the snap to assemble and move to the battlefield seems supernatural

Honestly, the unrealistic part is not they were not mobilized sooner, it was they were mobilized as quickly as they were. If we want to talk realism, Cap and the other Avengers would have been torn to shreds long before Strange ever showed up. It takes a while for an army of that size to be ready for a battle.

Honestly, the unrealistic part is not they were not mobilized sooner, it was they were mobilized as quickly as they were. If we want to talk realism, Cap and the other Avengers would have been torn to shreds long before Strange ever showed up. It takes a while for an army of that size to be ready for a battle.

Also keep in mind that the majority of them just got their asses handed to them in a previous battle. Several characters were struggling just to stand. The way it is presented in the film is that it was practically instantaneous for those snapped with them being brought back five years later as if the snap never happened. That would mean it should have taken them even longer to be battle ready. Realistically it took about five minutes in the movie what should have taken weeks.

But that's not very entertaining so there has to be some willing suspension of disbelief allowable here.

Wanted Hulk to smash. After that duel with Doctor Strange and Thanos in IW, I wanted a round 2! Would’ve been nice for the battle to have other big moments for other characters. The Defenders battling in New York would’ve been good or even having Daredevil in the therapy group with Captain America talking about how he may not have seen everyone being turned to dust but he most definitely felt it. Few missed opportunities.

On your left was used in a genius way. The whole setup of the final battle was great. I would have added a lot more to the actual combat, but the setup was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"