Real Webshooters

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by spolen23, Jul 9, 2004.

1. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

what do you mean exactly by this "web formula" you speak of..like whats it comprised of?

2. frankmckeever18 Registered

I'm only talking about taking the "web formula" found on that Halloween page with the "Cob-web Shooter". We could probably use that, but in a smaller container...

3. chris moore Registered

Frank - looks pretty good man. Of course I dont recognise pretty much everything in the pic as I'm no engineer, just a biologist. Where is the trigger though? The caption says that the nitrous can fires when the trigger is pushed but there doesnt seem to be one unless tapping on the cable thing just on the edge of your palm is the trigger.
    Could you explain its workings a bit please?

4. spolen23 Registered

the trigger is on the co2 on his hip. you have to use your other hand to release the co2. His was for his movie, which I am sure worked well. Frank do you have any footage of it working that you could make a small quicktime movie and post that, I would love to see it in action.

5. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

Brainstorming time guys....so..what we have is the basis for a woking "webshooter" ...now heres the thought for the day based on what we've read on tha last couple posts...what do you think we can do to make a trigger on the palm?....(as opposed to a hip based trigger) ( no offense) (if given)

6. frankmckeever18 Registered

No offense taken. I can't really post a video of it since I don't have a digital camcorder, but like I said, I'm working on something new. The new design I have has the button on the wrist. It's an on/off regulator which must be twisted with the other hand at the moment, but I haven't come up with anything better than that right now.

Spiderman Yetter said he'd help fund me, so this might be able to get on track soon if I can get all of the parts ordered. In order for me to get this to work properly, I'll need about $120 :( Although, I know everything I need to get, so it's just a matter of having the money in-hand.

7. webslinger922 Registered

I finally saw your web shooter pics, I hav a question about the CO2 cartridge you have on your hip, What was it originally used with ? Ive seen several different types of co2 cartridges and their firing mechinisims, but I missed that type. How many gram cartridge are you using? Thanks Lon

8. frankmckeever18 Registered

It was actually a setup for a Nitrous kit on cars (called the Nitrous Connection Cheater Kit). Instead, I purchased two on ebay (one for the car, and one for this). I'm not sure what the sizes are, but it's smaller than the 12 gram co2s. My new one will use 12 gram cartridges though.

9. spolen23 Registered

Guess everyone is giving up....

10. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

11. frankmckeever18 Registered

Nope!

Within about three weeks I hope to be finished with my first shooter model. I'll have pictures and all of the information posted as soon as it's done. :)

12. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

alright...I look forward to seeing your product

I aswell am currently working on a " spinneret " shooter that goes about the same principle as your co2 shooters...except....with a spinneret......still working out the kinks though....working on ideas for different nozzles...for diff. spray types.

13. spolen23 Registered

me too! i hope to have something soon also

14. Shonkie Registered

oooh this sounds so kickass :p id love to get a pair and take em to school and just pick a fight and ruin their shirt with...web fluid.....lol

15. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

any thing new?

16. hanielroswell Registered

yeash, anything new? i love the idea of having a real working webshooter. i'm tired of flining my wrist out and pretending webbing are coming out of it;)

peace be with you all my friend.

haniel roswell

17. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

with the recent video of franks "webshooters" in action...we now know what we have a to work with....so...the questions we need to ask are..How do we make the device fire using a palm trigger?......will the "webfluid" thats used for halloween decor. work in this device?...any input guys.......or gals?

by the way...great job frank...very cool test videos :up:

18. Autolycus Guest

We can't let this thread die!! We all need to pull together and build this machine!

19. frankmckeever18 Registered

Thanks man! My plan for the wrist-mounted shooter is to put an on/off valve on the wrist. Although, you have to twist it open with the other hand - it's not a push button with your fingers sadly.

I've had a few people that said they would fund the project and things seemed to be going good, but now I haven't heard back from them...

20. Autolycus Guest

What you need then is enough tension (Spring) behind the "twist switch" so you can use a push button switch. Hook up the push switch with high gauge wire, to the "twist". It should take some force to open the value, but that's good (For safety). After release, it should close shut.
    -- Just made this --
    http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/808644/WebJPG.JPG

21. Autolycus Guest

Or just use a mini-solenoid. That would work like a charm. I've used the "twist" one about four years ago, but it's time for the solenoid.

22. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

Wow ..interesting theories Auto......very interesting indeed....

23. Xeno Guest

Wow ! Auto, great theories. Has anyone thought of using the toy webshooter solution and putting it in a smaller canister ? It might work.

24. Autolycus Guest

Thank you both! I have indeed Xeno. Doesn't work well. Just because of the low PSI. Other than that, its a fine idea. Like I said about the tension switch. That works and all, but too many things went wrong at the time. Now, with the solenoid. It will work. Why? Because it's an 'In and out' system. You hit the electric palm switch, that turns the 2-Way Normally Closed solenoid on, and BAM! You got CO2 through the nozzle. I am ordering a Mini-Solenoid. Very, very lite weight (Only a few grams). And super small. It's a 2-way normally closed (Which means its closed till powered). Hopefully I'll be done before next month, just because of work- errr, need new job. I just need to plan out the fluid containers and we should be good to go. And maybe I should think out the CO2 thing more. Not sure about the regulator thing. I'll be using the 12g CO2 for now. But may take off with a Frank - belt idea. Hope more of you come back. Could use some input with the containers. Be safe all.

25. Spider_man01 SPIDER-MAN 3...

are you selling any? I would buy!!!!