Real Webshooters

Discussion in 'Spidey-World' started by spolen23, Jul 9, 2004.

1. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

so...you mean like the trigger in the unused movie version?with..like a compression timer built in to send signals to the base unit?

2. spiderman5080 Registered

3. frankmckeever18 Registered

I've seen that...but it's not on the market or anything. You can't buy it, and I doubt you can make it :(

4. spiderman5080 Registered

I think eventually it will be on the market. How much, I dont know. Hopefully not to much.

5. chris moore Registered

Well the trigger could be two microswitches operating on the "AND" gate principle whereby both switches must have a "1" logic output in order for the switch inside the circuit to operate. That way both switches must be depressed to complete the circuit.
    Or - one switch in the palm that completes the circuit as long as its depressed, thereby allowing firing. And one on the tip of the pinkie. This second trigger, when depressed breaks the circuit inside at a point before the gate of the first switch. That way, when ever the pinkie tip touches something and the switch is tripped, the palm trigger cant work anyway.
    The palm trigger is on a wire that runs through a strip of thin rubber so its flexible and grounded

6. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

ah yes I see...I think we can really do this but as we all mentioned earlier we should probably take baby steps...so i figure we should solve one problem..then the next......and so forth,,,like making a puzzle you work on the corners first so it gives you a place to start...well, we need to find our corners ...er and ...uh gals.

7. Socrates Registered

The trigger would need to be in a certain spot of your palm. I'll do some shots in paint to get my idea around.

8. The_Symbiote Registered

I'd actually already read an article very similar to that in 9th grade. Better than the magnetic wall.

9. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

I read an intersting article on how scientist a trying to duplicate "actual" spider silk....I printed it and still have it...it probebly wont help us but it is an interesting read

10. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

what do you figure we should have the trigger made out of...are we going for electrical signals with switches or spring switch?

11. imurme Registered

I too am wondering what you guys may be thinking about what could be used for the valve to release the pressure, it would have to be rather minature, and do you plan on an electric one (is there even anything like this) or manual, and how will to get it to work from the palm trigger?

images would help

12. your ideas are great, but i've noticed that with gecko gloves, spiderman suits, and if someone made working webshooters many people would try to mimic spiderman.

I saw on cnn the glove may come out in 5 years or so.

13. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

youd end up readin some weird obituaries huh.....but I think an elecrtical pressure release would work better than a manual..as weird as that sounds

14. Socrates Registered

Err.....what about the formula, what about this? We don't need something to look like actual spider webbing, but something that we can use to lift at least 20-30 pounds or something like this....

15. spolen23 Registered

Forget about the formula for now, lets makes something that shoots, and then we can put anythin in it.

16. The_Symbiote Registered

I think that'd be the more favorable area of focus. We already got stuff that looks like webbing, we just need to shoot it.

17. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

something portable,something small,something fool proof..meaning you dont need a degree in biomechanics to fix it if something goes amiss

18. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

19. spolen23 Registered

Hey guys, I have sent out feelers to a few people with engineering backgrounds to help with design and fabrication. How many of you would buy one if we succeed and what would you expect to pay for a working accurate representation of a web shooter?

20. <Mr.Spider> Legendary Hero

I would buy one...but nothin over 50 bucks.....can you describe what you mean by "feelers"?
    And I would would be happy to contribute anyway I can

21. spiderman5080 Registered

Same here

22. Nicklogic Registered

this is interesting.

Gives me ambition to try something like this
    :)

23. Nicklogic Registered

would the electrical release "ignite" anything shooting out? Just checking for safety reasons

24. I would buy two. Gotta have one on each wrist.

:spidey:

25. Shonkie Registered

the thing with making webshooters is that making the actual mechanism to shoot out the webbing fluid would be easier than actually figuring out how to make web fluid that would actually be sturdy enuff to swing with i think