World Real Webshooters

spolen ~

Your design is similar to mine, with a view varying ideas. Although, how do you plan on getting the tubing to pass through the CO2 catridge? This would be hard, as you'll also have to replace the catridges after every 4 or 5 shots from the shooter.

Ok, for the last time, we are not trying to swing from anything. These are shooters for looks only, something that shoots a liquid (most likely water, which is not flamable) in a long thin stream to look like webbing. Maybe even the cobweb fluid would work. I am talking about a working prop here, not a real webshooter you can swing from. If you think that, go back to bed and keep dreaming.

I think frank was talking about the your design sketch on the other page

Originally posted by spolen23
Ok, for the last time, we are not trying to swing from anything. These are shooters for looks only, something that shoots a liquid (most likely water, which is not flamable) in a long thin stream to look like webbing. Maybe even the cobweb fluid would work. I am talking about a working prop here, not a real webshooter you can swing from. If you think that, go back to bed and keep dreaming.

One could only wish ;)

I am a mechanical engineer... whatcha need?

by reading alot of these post, sound like you need take apart some pellet or paint ball guns and start experimenting with their parts and neumatics. its possible, water would be the best thing to start with. the only thing is, you could never fit enough water around your wrist to fire more than one good shot. but dont let that stop you.

I've always thought that the mechanics behind a paintball gun would help me to undertsand the workings a bit better.....I just never had enough time to look into it....that might be the best place to start.

spolen ~

There's no need for you to be such a f *cking prick about it. In fact, I never even SAID we were swinging from it. Am I not even allowed to make a statement anymore or show interest in your damn designs?

Get your head out of your @$$ dude.

other people were talking like that, i never said it was you, don't be so defensive

Originally posted by Shonkie
the thing with making webshooters is that making the actual mechanism to shoot out the webbing fluid would be easier than actually figuring out how to make web fluid that would actually be sturdy enuff to swing with i think

Duh!

*sigh*

Is something bothering you man? You weren't acting like this towards everyone before...:o

Originally posted by <Mr.Spider>
I've always thought that the mechanics behind a paintball gun would help me to undertsand the workings a bit better.....I just never had enough time to look into it....that might be the best place to start.

interesting idea.

I was reading over this thread, and thought I might be able to offer some help.

As some of you may know, you actually can purchase web fluid...it's used to make realistic cobwebs for movies and special effects (though it's certiainly nothing that could support weight).
Here's a link: http://www.terrorbydesign.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?category=Special_Effects_Tools_1

Furthermore, while most "web-spinners" seem to use centrifugal force to spread the webs, it is possible to shoot them using compressed air. This page has a web gun, made from a modified glue gun, and there's even a link to build your own:
http://www.yardhaunter.com/halloween_cobwebs.html

I'm thinking the best bet for a Spidey web-shooter would be to rig up something that uses CO2 catridges to launch streams of web fluid (from the first link above, as it doesn't require heat). You might even be able to come up with some sort of adjustable nozzle system for different kinds of webs.

The only problem with those is that you need to have an air compressor and a power source to use it, thus meaning you can't make it wrist mounted. Although, I'm sure there's a way you could rig something like that and use a CO2 cartridge.

I think I pretty much have this figured out on how I could make one myself, but I'd need that web fluid and small containers to hold it in (about the size of a CO2)...

Originally posted by frankmckeever18
The only problem with those is that you need to have an air compressor and a power source to use it, thus meaning you can't make it wrist mounted. Although, I'm sure there's a way you could rig something like that and use a CO2 cartridge.

I think I pretty much have this figured out on how I could make one myself, but I'd need that web fluid and small containers to hold it in (about the size of a CO2)...

You dont seem to read anything are you? That glue guns uses 100 PSI for its pressure... CO2 is 800PSI, youd probably lose a hand trying to fire that with CO2...

that's the problem i am having now. I am afraid to put together something that might blow up in my face. I want to make sure something is safe and done the right way, different hoses and fittings are rated for different psi's. Spidey wouldn't look good if he had no fingers.

Your absolutely correct about loosing a finger, maybe even the whole hand, or posibly death! You have to be very careful with compressed air or compressed co2, If you were to inject yourself you need to get immediate medical attention! Heres why, air can be forced into the tissues or the blood stream through the skin. Air which enters the bloodstream is known as an air embolism and can be very dangerous if it reaches the heart, lungs or brain. This could cause death. Don't take this too lightly.

wow...thats never crossed my mind before...see kids this is why its good to get ideas and theorize and deem them safe and reliable so as not to blow your hand off...or other..extremities...hmm....I might have to rework some of my earlier configurations..oh well live and learn.

It should be obvious that you wouldn't use only CO2 cartridges, though...paintball guns, for instance, are designed to regulate the air pressure, keeping it at relatively consistent and safe levels. You wouldn't want to try building something like that without a decent level of expertise, though.

Hmm...

Actually, I don't think it would blow up in your face. I already own a shooter that I designed myself using CO2 catridges and tubing...and it doesn't blow up in my face :o

Originally posted by frankmckeever18
Hmm...

Actually, I don't think it would blow up in your face. I already own a shooter that I designed myself using CO2 catridges and tubing...and it doesn't blow up in my face :o

Post a pic of it man! You cant just claim you've made a working webshooter that encompasses the most thought about concept of this thread (CO2 cartridges) and not show us what it looks like

I've had this designed and working for MONTHS. I've made posts about it, but no one ever seemed interested in listening to what I had to say.

http://www.geocities.com/usmfanfilm/props.html

Yes, it works, and yes, it shoots STRING (140 lb. test fishing line) which must be fed through the tube. I've designed a new one that shoots out the "Web Formula", and is in catridges, so you don't have to do too much work. I still need to purchase the materials for that, so I don't have pictures as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"