Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

Hmm 73 on Metacritic seems very low for my expectation. After that 96% with 8.5 rating after 71 reviews of RT, I expect Meta to be around 87 or 88 at early stage
MetaCritic scores always tend to average lower, even for the most popular films.

Just take a look at scores of MCU movies for a good idea. Films rarely get in the 80s.

Where are you guys seeing 96% with 71 reviews?

I'm still only seeing 16 reviews.
93637e4e-acf1-4e59-8363-6c312a9aa0d7_text.gif

I wish I was kidding about this my man, but I did witness the same changes you did.

If you search the batman for search results in rotten tomato it gives you an updated score.

If that makes sense

Yeah this happens a lot when all the reviews come at once. If you click through it is updated.

Isn't 80 when they certify fresh? I would assume the "critical consensus" will be released soon because it has so many. (didnt show up on RT for me)

Yeah this happens a lot when all the reviews come at once. If you click through it is updated.

Isn't 80 when they certify fresh? I would assume the "critical consensus" will be released soon because it has so many. (didnt show up on RT for me)
Yeah it’s definitely getting that certified fresh status. When the site stabilises and they’ve added what they need they will probably show it.

It seems to be updating in batches. Score is looking very good with a large number of reviews already in.

I have to say I'm a little worried about falling asleep during this with several reviews saying you could cut 30 minutes from it. I'm sad to admit I did while watching Gladiator in a theater. Only fora few second though...

It was a Certified Fresh at 89% after 148 before bugging again.

The last wave of top critic reviews was really negative.

currently at 87%; looking like 90% will be an uphill battle. just so many negative reviews tied to how dark the movie is. honestly bizarre. it's like saying se7en is too dark and bleak...that's the point.

People def have preconceived notions for what these movies are "supposed" to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"