Season 6, Episode 6 "Blood of My Blood" Discussion Thread

Would everyone really put aside their selfish desires to fight the White Walkers?

yeah not following how is that terrible

Really? Euron saying last episode: Build me 1000 ships and we will seduce the dragon queen and take the 7 kingdoms!

followed by this episode

Daario: We're going to need a thousand ships... no one has that type of fleet...

Dany: not yet.

No one sees how terrible that is? that is some **** **** **** obvious 10 year old writing.

I guess it is just me lol

the problem? Daario coincidentally saying 1000 ships after Euron said last episode he will seduce her with his... soon to be 1000 ships lol

that's terrible, sorry. just terrible.

as for Telepathy... please don't... don't summon ... it.

Why is it terrible? We've know since season 1 that Dany would need a huge number of ships. So Daario isn't allowed to correctly estimate a reasonable number of ships they will need just because a character on another continent wants his people to build a lot of ships to go get Dany?

oi... alright then.. it's just me lol

I think what Reek means is that the dialogue is very heavy handed and obvious, as if the audience wasn't smart enough to work out that Dany is obviously getting back to Westeros with the Iron Fleet and that she needs to spell it out for them.

Personally I would have thought just the image from Episode 1 of the burnt ships and then Euron's declaration in Episode 5 would have sufficed. But maybe I'm giving the GA too much credit.

Why is it terrible? We've know since season 1 that Dany would need a huge number of ships. So Daario isn't allowed to correctly estimate a reasonable number of ships they will need just because a character on another continent wants his people to build a lot of ships to go get Dany?

specifically 1000... on both continents? that's grabbing your face... and shoving it into a pile of whatever saying HEY LOOK! SHE NEEDS THIS MANY SHIPS! LOOK HOW MANY EURON WANTS! WHOA! 1000!

specifically 1000... on both continents? that's grabbing your face... and shoving it into a pile of whatever saying HEY LOOK! SHE NEEDS THIS MANY SHIPS! LOOK HOW MANY EURON WANTS! WHOA! 1000!

Maybe they need a captain named Martha, too.

Mother's instinct maybe or just a case of her knowing her dragon well or it's possible that she can sense the magic in her dragons or the connection she has with them. Sorta like how some twins and mothers claim to be able to "feel" their twin or child even when they aren't together. Not like a spider sense or radar type deal. Just something really subtle. Just a feeling.

I could possibly buy that, maternal intuition and a special bond, but not the sudden control. Unless... TELEPATHY! "Drogon, sit! I know you must be hungry big boy but please don't incinerate and eat all the juicy horses and men in front of you!"

Or maybe she has one of those plug-thingies hidden in her hair somewhere?

That was kind of a Toruk Makto moment there with the Dothraki. :oldrazz:

When did _ _ _ get an alternate account?

Or maybe she has one of those plug-thingies hidden in her hair somewhere? :lmao:

oi... alright then.. it's just me lol

And me too, it seems overly elementary. That conversation wasn't necessary and it was unlikely in the middle of the desert with quite a lot of other things in front of them that need to be handled first.

Don't be ridiculous, guys. It's great, poignant writing... for the boobs 'n' swords soap opera genre to which GoT belongs.

Last edited:

Yeah, it's very on the nose. Daario gives the number 1000 as an estimate, based on the size of the khalasar, and the Unsullied and Second Sons ranks. He would know what she needs. Whereas Euron wants exactly 1000 ships, despite the fact he has no idea how large Dany's army is, or what size fleet she requires (especially since she just acquired a large portion of it like a day ago, and no one but the people present know about it). Somehow they're just coincidentally an identical tally? It's very ham-fisted. Or a wizard did it.

i think it was that goddamned sasquatch

Daario gave Dany a sensible estimate of how many ships they would need. He doesn't know whether they need exactly 1000 ships or 878 or 1039 or some other amout. He's just making an educated guess. And his answer was a sensible estimate.

And Euron just wants a lot of ships. I doubt he's really hung up on having exactly 1000 ships. It was just a big number that he threw into his rallying speech cause it's a nice large round number that the the iron islanders could really fathom and be excited about. It reminded me of the sorta **** Donald Trump says "We're gonna build a wall!" "We're gonna make America great again!" "We're gonna build a bigger military!"

I don't think Euron will have exactly 1000 ships any more than I think Daario knows that they will need exactly 1000 ships.

Another entertaining episode.

Watching it made me realize I've completely forgotten how the High Sparrow even came into power.

Daario gave Dany a sensible estimate of how many ships they would need. He doesn't know whether they need exactly 1000 ships or 878 or 1039 or some other amout. He's just making an educated guess. And his answer was a sensible estimate.

And Euron just wants a lot of ships. I doubt he's really hung up on having exactly 1000 ships. It was just a big number that he threw into his rallying speech cause it's a nice large round number that the the iron islanders could really fathom and be excited about. It reminded me of the sorta **** Donald Trump says "We're gonna build a wall!" "We're gonna make America great again!" "We're gonna build a bigger military!"

I don't think Euron will have exactly 1000 ships any more than I think Daario knows that they will need exactly 1000 ships.

Save this post for next season, ladies and gents.

It's less about the accuracy of the number, and more about how awkward the dialogue is. It's incredibly awkward to have two unconnected characters spouting identical dialogue, just to hammer home the point that the stories are going to connect in the near future. Like Roose said, it's beating the viewer over the head with the fact.

OK..

Euron: Make me a whole **** ton of ships, so i can seduce the dragon queen!

Daario: Yo, guhll... we need a **** ton of ships, for real. No one has that many.

Dany: not yet, boo boo... but i have a sneaking suspicion theres a random character across the world who wants to make flowers with me and give me a **** ton of ships WINK WINK WINK

OK..

Euron: Make me a whole **** ton of ships, so i can seduce the dragon queen!

Daario: Yo, guhll... we need a **** ton of ships, for real. No one has that many.

Dany: not yet, boo boo... but i have a sneaking suspicion theres a random character across the world who wants to make flowers with me and give me a **** ton of ships WINK WINK WINK

HJw9JLr.jpg

Really enjoyable episode and that's saying something when my beloved North is absent.

Lord Tarly just had the look of an utter bastard before he even spoke and I loved Gilly giving him ****. It would have been cliched for Sam to stand up to someone who clearly terrorised him throughout his life so I like how they played it.

I thought I'd hate Arya's arc this year but it's been one of the highlights. Maisie is really getting the opportunity to floor us again, an opportunity that was missing in Season 5. I just love Essie Davis in her cameo role and big up to Richard E Grant's character and his disgust for the crowd sneering at Ned Stark. :ilv:

Benjen's return I have mixed feelings on execution wise (obviously brilliant to get a Stark back). On the one hand I loved that he was still very much Benjen, on the other hand I would have hoped for a more inspiring look for a man who was saved by the magic of the children.

Poor Tommen is going to be torn apart by the end of the season, such a mark for those using him. This was the first episode this season where I didn't find King's Landing absolutely intolerable. And Mace just cracks me up.

Finally, in regards to Daario, he's thrown one too many bemused looks Dany's way recently not for me to get a little suspicious of him.

word of warning, I will give a month's probation if this nonsense continues on BOTH sides

I hope when they show us the full Aerys scene they have a younger actor playing Jaime. Wouldn't make much sense if he looks older than Ned.

Solid episode not the best this season but I am looking forward to the next episode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"