Season 6, Episode 10 "The Winds of Winter" Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently HBO had to confirm Jon's parents because some people just couldn't get it. A lot of people either thought the father was the Mad King or that the baby wasn't Jon Snow. I even saw a lot of people that thought the father was Robert Baratheon.

So apparently HBO had to confirm Jon's parents because some people just couldn't get it. A lot of people either thought the father was the Mad King or that the baby wasn't Jon Snow. I even saw a lot of people that thought the father was Robert Baratheon.

:doh:

To those who thought that Jaime expression was that of happiness and pride at the end of the episode:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...annisters-reaction-to-the-kings-a7107011.html

“I think basically he’s in shock,” he continued. “So many things are going through his head — you look down and you see your sister telling the rest of the world to go to hell.

“The woman you love has turned into this seemingly mad woman. If you were a couples counsellor you would tell him to maybe reconsider this relationship.”

Granted this doesn't necessarily mean he's about to kill her and turn on her but I don't think he's too pleased with the events that occurred while he was away.

:huh: not really surprised by this but disappointed that some people actually thought Robert Baratheon was Jon Snow father.

Last edited:
Who cares about Jon Snow and his husky voice anyway. He is over now that Queen Cersei has risen. He has nothing on her, except maybe better hair at this point. Slay them all mama! <3

Although, speaking of baby Jon Snow, Ned could have told the deets to Catelyn. Like why did he not just say "This is my sis' bby but we need to raise it". If she knew the truth maybe she wouldn't have been such a b!+ch all that time.

Who cares about Jon Snow and his husky voice anyway. He is over now that Queen Cersei has risen. He has nothing on her, except maybe better hair at this point. Slay them all mama! <3

Although, speaking of baby Jon Snow, Ned could have told the deets to Catelyn. Like why did he not just say "This is my sis' bby but we need to raise it". If she knew the truth maybe she wouldn't have been such a b!+ch all that time.

Because Ned placed honor above all else. Even above common sense. He promised Lyanna he wouldnt tell anyone, and he meant it.

And about Cersei, you need to come to terms with the fact that Cersei isnt going to win this. She has no allies or real power base. She has the Dothraki, the Reach, Dorne, Iron Islanders, a massive fleet, and three dragons heading her direction. All Cersei has is the Lannister army which is most likely going to follow Jaime and Jaime is finally realizing Cersei is bat**** crazy. Even if he were suicidal and crazy enough to stay by her side all the Lannister soldiers in Westeros won't be enough to stop the alliance that has formed against House Lannister. And because Cersei rules by fear and betrayal the people in King's Landing are not going to be loyal to her which makes it very likely that someone in the city will happily open the gates and let Dany's army in.

Cersei is in a very very bad predicament.

Last edited:

Not sure if snail.

To cop a quote from Roland, to Sylvia Pittston in The Gunslinger...Cersei is ****ed. In every sense of the word.

I hope Olenna kills Cersei if Jamie doesn't do it. She deserves her payback!

I hope Tyrion finds out that Ellaria killed his niece and that the Sand Snakes were party to it. Maybe he can find her golden lion necklace in the sand smeared with blood and poison.

If you are trying to hide a baby, born to a noble line that is threatened with being hunted down, by pretending it is your own child from an affair, then the last person you would want to tell is your wife. Might raise a few too many eyebrows why the wife is being so nice to the bastard son.

To cop a quote from Roland, to Sylvia Pittston in The Gunslinger...Cersei is ****ed. In every sense of the word.

I think she'll set her sights on Jon, especially when the truth of his parentage comes out. But she's absolutely doomed. The only question is who goes down with her.

So the Frey words? revealed or still unknown?
Their sigil is two blue towers united by a bridge on silver-grey, representing the Twins.[1] Their house words are not mentioned in the books. The Season 6 finale of the TV series somewhat implied that House Frey's motto is "We Stand Together": Lord Walder toasts Lannister soldiers in his feast hall who respond with their motto, "Hear me roar!", and then when Walder toasts House Frey the others respond by cheering "We stand together!" - though in context, it is unclear if they just meant that as a statement.

12. How Varys reached Daenerys so quickly

The season ended when we saw Daenerys and her fleet sailing for Westeros. However many people were surprised to see Lord Varys with Daenerys in the scene and people were wondering if he used some teleportation device to travel so quickly to Meereen. However, it turns out that Lord Varys never went back to Meereen. He just joined Daenerys when she reached near Westeros. Don&#8217;t believe us, take a look at the Tyrell and Martell ships along with the Targaryen ships.

Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-10-Martell-ships.jpg

Game-of-Thrones-season-6-episode-10-Tyrell-ships.jpg

Also take a look at the possible location of Daenerys at the end of the episode.

The_known_world_HBO.jpg

http://wikiofthrones.com/2540/12-details-you-might-have-missed-in-game-of-thrones-season-6-episode-10-the-winds-of-winter/?giulia

I completely missed the Martell and Tyrell ships.

But considering how much time passed in this episode, it would have taken that white raven a while to fly from the Citadel to Winterfell, it's possible that a week or more may have passed in between some of the scenes in the episode so Vary's may have went all the way back to Meereen.

Last edited:
I hope Tyrion finds out that Ellaria killed his niece and that the Sand Snakes were party to it. Maybe he can find her golden lion necklace in the sand smeared with blood and poison.
Yes, I'd like to see how he reacts to that.

Yes, I'd like to see how he reacts to that.

He should drag her and the Sand Snakes before Dany and make them confess to the crime. They killed his niece, whom he did love, for no reason at all beyond petty revenge.

Dany would just do what Jon did with mel .. send her away...

Mel, Sand Snakes connection confirmed.

"Elia was raped and murdered, Oberyn had his skull crushed, it was the only way-"

"The only way for WHAT? HOUSE MARTELL ALL DIED ANYWAY!"

I completely missed the Martell and Tyrell ships.

But considering how much time passed in this episode, it would have taken that white raven a while to fly from the Citadel to Winterfell, it's possible that a week or more may have passed in between some of the scenes in the episode so Vary's may have went all the way back to Meereen.

Not sure I buy that theory either. I think he took the Highgarden and Martell ships to Marreen to help take all of the Dothraki and the Unsullied. The Ironborn didn't have enough ships on their own.

I'll never understand why everyone thinks all of these stories in this show on multiple continents are linear in time.

Is it such a reach to see Varys in Dorne, then in the ship heading back to Dorne? Who wants to see Arya in a boat for 4 episodes? The first few seasons afforded us with casual strolls down the Kingsroad as opportunities to build character. That time has passed. It's now time to see these characters in action.

It's not the travel ****... its the fact they didn't make it clear the other fleets had joined... why would they not include that? It's not a nitpick or anything cause i figured it out, but why would they not show the joined fleets?

And before any says it, no, this is not one of those 'spell it out for you' moments. I would think it would be a more EPIC moment to show all 3 sails, and dany already uniting the kingdoms.

He should drag her and the Sand Snakes before Dany and make them confess to the crime. They killed his niece, whom he did love, for no reason at all beyond petty revenge.
Yes I was talking about this recently that I don't really blame Cersei directly for Myrcella's death (unlike with Tommen). Tyrion has more right to feel guilty about his part in it, but it was still murder of someone innocent just for revenge. Funny thing is, obviously outside of Joffrey, Cersei brought up possibly 2 of the nicest and most innocent characters in the GoT universe. Even more innocent than the Stark kids who have been pushed into doing various things to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"