Seth MacFarlane's "A Millions Ways to Die in the West"

Ted was not only hilarious, one of the best comedies ever in my eyes, it had a story, and A LOT of heart, I am well on board for this.

TED was funny in some parts but his already used Family Guy jokes made me roll my eyes. It definitely had some great parts though like Flash Gordon.

Liam Neeson too!

Liam Neeson (Taken, The Grey) and Giovanni Ribisi (Avatar, Ted) are the latest names said to be joining the cast of Seth MacFarlane's western comedy A Million Ways to Die in the West. The former bit of casting arrives via The Hollywood Reporter while the latter was posted by Deadline.

First announced late last year, the project reunites MacFarlane with his Ted screenwriters Alex Sulkin and Wellesley Wild. MacFarlane also plans to star alongside the recently cast Charlize Theron and Amanda Seyfried.

The plot will follow MacFarlane as a cowboy who, after losing his girlfriend (Seyfried) begins to train as a gunfighter with a famous outlaw (Neeson). The only trouble is, the cowboy begins to develop feelings for the outlaw's wife (Theron).

Ribisi's role is said to be that of MacFarlane's character best friend.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101202

This right here seals how much pull MacFarlane does indeed have.

Eh. I think Theron already proved that. Neeson's awesome as all hell, but it's not like he's particularly selective these days.

I mean between Seyfried, her, Neeson and Ribisi. Though he has gotten some Simpsons caliber guest stars on his shows.

I guess it pays off to have an animated comedy last upwards of three thousand years. :o

Do you think McFarlane has the acting chops to pull off the lead? His on screen work has been mostly of the mc/hosting variety.

He's mostly a comedian/voice actor, but a lot of them started as comedians.

He's talented i'll give him credit but i've never been a big fan of creators who put themselves so much in the spot light of their work.

I mean if you compare him to a matt groening or mike judge who let their work talk and kind of stayed behing the scenes. Hell even matt and trey of south park have toned it down a lot.
To be fair though, Groening and Judge aren't performers - they're creators/animators. Seth is a performer first and foremost, he just got his start in (and being held back by IMO) cartoons, sure, but it's obvious his heart is in performing. Nothing wrong with that.

Patrick Harris cast too. :up:

Glad to see Ribisi in this too. Such an underrated actor.

e1aPcJv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"