Seth MacFarlane's "A Millions Ways to Die in the West"

I did go see it last night and it was average. Ted was better but more or less if you know MacFarlane you already know the humor you're gonna get. The scenes with him and Theron just kind of ad lib riffing with each other were probably the funniest, as she looked she was actually having fun unlike Neeson.

Saw this last night. Definitely has some really funny parts, but ultimately, I think it stretches on about 15 mins too long. Ted was better, but not by too much.

I know about that, but everything acts can also speak a lot of words, i don't believe he's racist in real life, but from all i see, it seems to me like he can be a little sexist, as a tumblr comment said, his jokes in the Oscars were pretty much: "Ahah Women, right guys?".

I know jokes are usually enhancements of reality, but they can also give you an idea of what a certain person is like, which is why Homer was a parody of lazy dads, and many other comedians took the concept but missed the point of it being a parody, thinking that being dumb and mean is funny enough.

Sorry had to ask... too many people just don't get that comedians don't believe everything they say. If he is going on Tumblr and saying stupid **** then yea maybe the guy has a problem that is just "I need more jokes"

[BLACKOUT]Is the cameo ruined by the trailer [BLACKOUT] the "Christopher Lloyd" one? [/BLACKOUT]

Side note: Lord.... that avatar is hypnotic.... never change it!

Yes his cameo is the one spoiled by the trailer/tv spot.

It's no surprise his cameo was ruined. Movie trailers always put the best scenes in a trailer so you won't see anything really surprising in the movie once you actually watch it.

All of the reviews, both from critics and the audience, make this a Netflix rental for me. Disappointing but not unexpected.

I heard about it but then I saw the trailer on television last night making sure not only did I know it was there but saw it myself.

Haven't seen it but I've heard all the best jokes were in the trailers and the premise (hating life in the west) is stretched so thin that the main character just comes off as an annoying **** who won't let it go

Sounds like Brian from FG. :hmm

I saw it last night. It's hilarious but it probably doesn't have the same frequency of humour as family guy or ted.

The Gilbert gottfried cameo was the best part

I'm just glad that they didn't spoil the [BLACKOUT]Jamie Foxx/Django cameo.[/BLACKOUT] that surprised me more then the others.

Saw this the other night, it was funny, VERY funny in parts, but its no were near as funny as Ted, something about MacFarlane himself as the lead is just off putting, I dont know why, even though I find the guy funny he himself puts me off.

Charlize is great, as is NPH, the cameo's are awesome, I didnt have any of them spoiled thankfully so I found them all great, especally THE cameo of the movie, brilliant stuff.

7/10, Its okay, but Ted level it is certainly not.

I concur with everyone else, the movie had some funny parts, but overall was just okay. After awhile, Seth's routine got a little annoying to a degree.

Terrible movie. Ted was sporadically funny, but this wasn't. Applying the "Family Guy" style of humor to a live-action Western simply doesn't work. Kicking people in the groin? Not that funny. Using random celebrity names in an Najavo language conversation? Random. Explaining a joke and random cameos? Not witty. Not even the self-awareness made me smile.

And Seth, you are NOT leading man material. Well, scratch that, he did have some sparks with Charlize Theron, but that was more her than him.

Best scene was the Jamie Foxx cameo at the end, but even that is beaten to death in the subsequent post-credit scene.

From the trailers it looks like a piss poor broke mans blazing saddles

And the fact it only took in 6.1million on opening weekend doesn't look good

From the trailers it looks like a piss poor broke mans blazing saddles

It does not deserve to be mentioned alongside Blazing Saddles. A big misfire for everyone involved.

Except Charlize, I would've liked if the movie was about her rather than Seth McFarlane's 'nice guy' character.

Saw this the other night, it was funny, VERY funny in parts, but its no were near as funny as Ted, something about MacFarlane himself as the lead is just off putting, I dont know why, even though I find the guy funny he himself puts me off.

Charlize is great, as is NPH, the cameo's are awesome, I didnt have any of them spoiled thankfully so I found them all great, especally THE cameo of the movie, brilliant stuff.

7/10, Its okay, but Ted level it is certainly not.

From what I've heard, NPH got the biggest laughs, and I think if he were the leading man and not Seth, this movie might've worked better.

Seth cant help but headline his self, ego wont allow it

It does not deserve to be mentioned alongside Blazing Saddles. A big misfire for everyone involved.

Except Charlize, I would've liked if the movie was about her rather than Seth McFarlane's 'nice guy' character.

My favorite scene as a child .... my parents would put it on just to see me laugh hysterically.

[YT]VPIP9KXdmO0[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"