Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....seriously?

I guess they should leave sticks & balls for guys to play with.

Really, what other weapon would they give them that isn't meant to kill? Shield, Hammer, Bow & Arrow, Armored Suit have already been taken.

whoa, chill
it was just a joke, and a comment on the fact that Mockingbird, Widow, and Sharon (aka 3 of the top 5 female Shield agents) all use the same weapons, when typically only MB uses them in the comics
it's just a tad played out, visually
I was not actually accusing Marvel of giving their female characters *****s to fight with

But boy, am I excited to see the war where everyone's got kid gloves on

Well of course.

Why do people keep assuming these people would be trying to kill their friends?:huh:

They can still fight hard and tried to put a stop to the opposing side without trying to murder them
no killing doesn't have to equal this:
Seinfeld+Slap+Fight.gif

Exactly, I'm sure the fights will still be pretty epic.

Well of course.

Why do people keep assuming these people would be trying to kill their friends?:huh:

I don't, and that's one of the reasons I don't care for Civil War being the movie.

Not being out to kill anyone is one thing, but actual kid gloves sound, coupled with the near certainty of everything bad happening being Zemo's fault, kind of makes it all sound like neuter of a movie.

Not being out to murder each other is one thing. People handicapping themselves in the name of not hurting each other just happens to make it worse, makes it sounds it'll be to a war what Bugsy Malone is to a gangster movie.

Last edited:
Same can be said to most of Cap's team.

It really can't. WS isn't using an assault rifle and on the other side BW isn't using her guns. Guns can only be used for one thing in a fight. They're limited and provoke an equally deadly response and where the potential fire power is so much greater on the other side the gun wielder would be toast.

...near certainty of everything bad happening being Zemo's fault...
Is there a single piece of evidence for this, or is it an assumption? Not saying you're wrong... just wanted to clarify.

I wonder if this means she'll be in one of the fights between Team Cap and Team Stark. And I'm wondering just who she can take on Team Stark without dying, sorry exaggeration, I mean getting her ass handed to her. Because BP, Vision, Rhodey, Iron Man, Spidey and Widow can all take her down in 5.2 seconds. I thought she'd be more of a moral support on Team Cap. Saying she was with him and supported his decision or something like that. Then again it does even out the power struggle. I think.
For the umpteenth time Widow is human, Sharon is human, Sharon can take on shorty BW. Sharon can also take on Stark and Rhodey without their suits.

photo-3121836-54176f36.gif

Here I was complaining about Sharon's blink. and. you'll. miss. slash. you. have. to. slow. mo. then. pause. appearance in the first trailer and she wasn't even in the second one.

It was only 30 seconds.

Yeah and they manage to toss in a bunch of Iron Man and Bucky, plus multiple shots of Wanda, Natasha and Sam, to say nothing of both teams' lineup.

Getting glad I didn't get my hopes up.

Yeah and they manage to toss in a bunch of Iron Man and Bucky, plus multiple shots of Wanda, Natasha and Sam, to say nothing of both teams' lineup.

Well of course. This was a Super Bowl commercial and those people are the big draws in a Civil War fight.

Well of course. This was a Super Bowl commercial and those people are the big draws in a Civil War fight.

It's advertising. If she's in it in a decent role, she would be in the trailer, and should be so people aren't blindsided when there's more of her than [X] when [X] was in the trailer and she wasn't.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Sharon has been featured in a number of merchandises but so far in the trailer we don't see much of her at all.

I don't understand why Sharon has been featured in a number of merchandises but so far in the trailer we don't see much of her at all.

Marvel has been getting plenty of criticism over their lack of female and POC characters in their merch. I'm starting to wonder if her inclusion is their attempt to rectify that.

It was only 30 seconds.
Yeah, I understand that they're marketing the team vs team aspect heavily, establishing/showing the characters on each side and the premise of the movie to the multi-millions of viewers because they also didn't show other characters like ross, bilbo etc who aren't on the fighting teams.

Also maybe they're keeping her allegiance and that she maybe a double agent a secret.

Sharon was likely taking Wanda's spot in some of the merch either because of the shared rights issue Marvel has with SW or her role as a wild card in the movie.

Marvel has been getting plenty of criticism over their lack of female and POC characters in their merch. I'm starting to wonder if her inclusion is their attempt to rectify that.

Though interestingly she's not featured in very much merchandise either. It's basically just the Funko and a Lego figure. It seems like they just put her on the marketing art for some reason.

Though interestingly she's not featured in very much merchandise either. It's basically just the Funko and a Lego figure. It seems like they just put her on the marketing art for some reason.

That's as much as Wanda, though, isn't it?

Sharon was likely taking Wanda's spot in some of the merch either because of the shared rights issue Marvel has with SW or her role as a wild card in the movie.
No, Sharon isn't. More fem merch the better.

That's as much as Wanda, though, isn't it?
Wanda has more merch than Shaz. Shaz doesn't have a hot toy (she doesn't even have her suit ffs).

Hot-Toys-New-Avengers-Scarlet-Witch-Sixth-Scale-Figure-e1450475887270.jpg

Yeah, I understand that they're marketing the team vs team aspect heavily, establishing/showing the characters on each side and the premise of the movie to the multi-millions of viewers because they also didn't show other characters like ross, bilbo etc who aren't on the fighting teams.

Also maybe they're keeping her allegiance and that she maybe a double agent a secret.

They showed Ross, Freeman's character and Zemo in D23 trailer though.

If her allegiance is a secret, then it means, that she will betray Cap, because in TWS she was clearly on Cap's side and also VanCamp said, that Carter is "definitely team Cap".

I think, it's much more simple: she just doesn't have a big role. Nobody's ever promised, that she'll have one and Russos don't want to talk much about her.

I'm so mad.

She was barely in the first trailer, and wasn't in the spot. Or the emoticon on twitter or the coca can. It just shows at least to me, that her role is gonna be super small because Marvel doesn't even care about her. You know that they put Hulk on the "coca cola" cans thing but not her. Hulk isn't in the movie?

And now that someone here talked about how Marvel got criticism for the lack of female characters on their merch, Sharon appearance is starting to make sense. Ugh, I'm getting so annoyed by Marvel.
I can wait for DC to make more movies so i can let go of Marvel for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"