Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the Coke commercial? That might just explain why Ant-Man and Hulk are on the cans and not say Thor and Hawkeye. Or Vision, Black Panther & Scarlet Witch. Or even Nick Fury and Maria Hill. But you think Sharon belongs on one? You do know that Coke oddly wants people to want to buy their soda.

I think it's obvious that in the earlier promotional art that was leaked via people connected to merchandise partners and not Marvel was using Sharon as a stand in during the team battles for Wanda. In the only official Marvel art released it is Scarlett Witch in the battle scene and not Sharon. EVC has even said in interviews that her fighting in CW amounts to one short scene between her and Black Widow. It's confusing because the leaked art is being released without any context and people keep assuming it's new or the latest thing when it could have been done well over a year ago.

Sure, let go of Marvel so you can watch DC movies for their great use of female characters. Look at all the Lois Lane (actually a recognizable character to the general audience) released merchandise for BvS. Oh wait...

Last edited:
Well, DC had three main-ish female characters in their first movie. Their fourth movie is a female solo, and their first team movie has four female characters in main roles.

As for the Wanda/Sharon situation, the logic of why they'd use a stand in continues to elude me.

They might have scaled Sharon's role all the way down for Wanda's sake, though.

Last edited:
People are seriously crying over Sharon Carter and/or Scarlet Witch not being in the ads and trailers? Reading through this thread only reminds me this has to be one of the worst threads in the entire CA forum section.

it's mainly one or two people kvetching endlessly

Well, DC had three main-ish female characters in their first movie. Their fourth movie is a female solo, and their first team movie has four female characters in main roles.

1st movie- Batman '66, 4th- Superman 3, 1st team movie- SS??
or are you saying the current era; 1st- MoS, 4th- Wonder Woman, and 1st team-SS?

Either way, calling Faora a 'main character' is reaching, and we also have no idea what Katana's role is in SS

Woulda been nice for Marvel to get out a female hero's film first
but DC doesn't exactly have much 'street cred' either when it comes to feminist issues

it's mainly one or two people kvetching endlessly

1st movie- Batman '66, 4th- Superman 3, 1st team movie- SS??
or are you saying the current era; 1st- MoS, 4th- Wonder Woman, and 1st team-SS?

Either way, calling Faora a 'main character' is reaching, and we also have no idea what Katana's role is in SS

but DC doesn't exactly have much 'street cred' either when it comes to feminist issues

Hey, they made Supergirl and Catwoman. What's not to be proud of?

lol, diversity from the company that brought you "pakistanian"

People are seriously crying over Sharon Carter and/or Scarlet Witch not being in the ads and trailers? Reading through this thread only reminds me this has to be one of the worst threads in the entire CA forum section.

People in a Sharon Carter thread actually want to see Sharon Carter. Oh, noes.

She's closer to Lois in terms of screentime than she is to not-Jimmy. And we know a bit about Katana in that [blackout]she's a volunteer and Rick Flag's personal backup[/blackout].

And both were deemed important enough to feature in the trailers.

Not gonna argue against that, but they at least visibly appear to be making an effort to improve.

Last edited:

True. Quite a few in this thread have lost sight of the fact that Sharon isn't a superhero and therefore she's not going to be prominenty featured in product tie-in ads. It's not like she's going to sell any Coke or even any movie tickets. :whatever:

I'm so mad.

She was barely in the first trailer, and wasn't in the spot. Or the emoticon on twitter or the coca can. It just shows at least to me, that her role is gonna be super small because Marvel doesn't even care about her. You know that they put Hulk on the "coca cola" cans thing but not her. Hulk isn't in the movie?

And now that someone here talked about how Marvel got criticism for the lack of female characters on their merch, Sharon appearance is starting to make sense. Ugh, I'm getting so annoyed by Marvel.
I can wait for DC to make more movies so i can let go of Marvel for good.

I am visiting those threads for over a year yet i created an account because i can no longer just the madness of this thread. Marvel has done better job with their female characters than any other company to date. Jessica Jones, Black Widow or Peggy Carter are examples of female characters far more developed than anything DC, Sony or Fox has done with their properties. If you expected a significant Sharon presence in the marketing then it's your fault. The lack of it no way means that "Marvel doesn't care for her". And it's certainly not a reason to give up Marvel movies all together. Unless your bias lies elsewhere and you have some pre-conceived notions in your head.

So everyone is just gonna latch on to the coke comment to justify their obnoxious policing?

I think we're set without it, honestly.

Every time I hear coke mentioned on these threads, I just want an Ant-Man vs Hulk movie. My god, that would be epic.

This thread has been rough since well before the coke comment
since it's inception, it's been either complaints about her role last time, or complaints about her and steve's chemistry, or complaints about what people imagine to be her role this time, or complaints about her costume, or whatever the hell

in the complainers' defense, Marvel isn't exactly giving Sharon fans much to get excited about, but that doesn't make this thread any less unpleasant

if they could give us one good shot or a nice piece of art, it would tide most people over pretty much all the way to the movie

Perhaps, but I think this thread would be significantly less unpleasant if certain admitted Sharon haters didn't feel a pathological compulsion to police it.

Sharon doesn't get a hashtag, didn't feature in the TV spot, isn't on any coke can. A couple of posters comment on all three points, and that should have been the end of it.

But no, the anti-Sharon squad has to ride in and provoke an argument by focusing on the coke comment and how Sharon fans shouldn't expect Sharon cans.

Yea, but I haven't seen many outright Sharon-haters on here since the "Her and Steve had no chemistry" phase of the thread
the past couple pages have been more on the concern-trolling side of things

While I'm a bit disappointed they didn't make Sharon Carter a more significant part in the CA films, expecting a Coke can, hashtag, or significant trailer time for a character who's only been in a supporting role so far in the MCU is a bit much. The one poster who said he'll be glad to leave the MCU due to them not featuring more female characters is more of the type of person I was addressing for making this thread a bit unreadable.

My point is that i'm getting really tired on people that have a notion for years that Marvel isn't good with female characters when they have proved them wrong time and time again. In 7 years they have given more examples of independent, complex heroines than other companies have done in decades. They were the first studio to have a female-led show (no, Birds of prey doesn't count :drl:) and JJ has been hailed for it's authenticity and depiction of women. Black Widow has become so popular people have been asking for her movie for years.

I don't have problem with valid crititisms. I ahve a problem with repeating tropes that might have existed some years ago but no longer stand.

Yea, but I haven't seen many outright Sharon-haters on here since the "Her and Steve had no chemistry" phase of the thread
the past couple pages have been more on the concern-trolling side of things

They don't talk overtly about hating her but they are sticking around, and when they post it is to provoke arguments.

While I'm a bit disappointed they didn't make Sharon Carter a more significant part in the CA films, expecting a Coke can, hashtag, or significant trailer time for a character who's only been in a supporting role so far in the MCU is a bit much.

I'll give you the coke can thing.

But a hashtag wouldn't have cost them anything, nor would a few (or one) seconds of trailer time.

A trailer is advertising, not a tribute to the so far prominent MCU characters. Her not being in the advertising would imply that, once again, she's being passed over. And I suppose people are going to have reactions to that.

When it comes to "cinematic" female representation it is Fox-Men that is way ahead. Not Marvel, and DC will have an edge once BvS and WW are released. When it comes to TV then yes DC and Marvel are now on par. DC had WW a female-led show decades ago back in the 70's, there's Supergirl, and I count Birds of Prey.

I agree with BullMcGiveny about the complainers complaining about complainers complaints about the lack of Sharon in the trailers, TWS, tv spots, and merch in a surprise surprise SHARON CARTER THREAD. I happen to like this thread since it's probably the only thread in any forums that I can talk about Sharon and the lack of Sharon in the Cap movies.

Why complain about the lack of supporting character Sharon in the Cap movies? Well in the comics Sharon featured heavily in the Cap comics like Bucky/Sam and yet it's only her (a female) that got short changed.

disagree on the Fox-men thing
more silent henchwomen does not equal better female characters
and it's sad, because X-Men definitely has a plethora of great female characters in the source material

but, do I wish there was more Sharon? hell yes, but I think most people are just saying in a movie this packed with A-list stars, ya can't let yourself get too upset if Sharon doesn't get a huge role... just those Hollywood politics, what can ya do

I'm so mad.

She was barely in the first trailer, and wasn't in the spot. Or the emoticon on twitter or the coca can. It just shows at least to me, that her role is gonna be super small because Marvel doesn't even care about her. You know that they put Hulk on the "coca cola" cans thing but not her. Hulk isn't in the movie?

And now that someone here talked about how Marvel got criticism for the lack of female characters on their merch, Sharon appearance is starting to make sense. Ugh, I'm getting so annoyed by Marvel.
I can wait for DC to make more movies so i can let go of Marvel for good.
I know, it wouldn't have hurt to show a quick shot of her like in the first trailer as an easter egg tease. Yeah, my expectations for more Sharon in CW have once again decreased, it's a TWS deja vu all over again.

With the coke advertising I wouldn't pay attention to it because it looks like they have gone for characters already well established and/or Avengers.

Yes, I agree with the merch theory. Well I suggest you at least wait to see CW to see where you stand. I know I will be.

disagree on the Fox-men thing
more silent henchwomen does not equal better female characters
and it's sad, because X-Men definitely has a plethora of great female characters in the source material

but, do I wish there was more Sharon? hell yes, but I think most people are just saying in a movie this packed with A-list stars, ya can't let yourself get too upset if Sharon doesn't get a huge role... just those Hollywood politics, what can ya do
Well as everyone knows by now I dislike ScarJo in the BW role (poor portrayal/look, and terrible physicality) so I group her in with Halle's Storm and Anna's Rogue.

I at least like Romijn/Mystique and Famke/Jean and I don't mind JLaw/Mystique. Once Apocalypse is released maybe Psylocke, new Storm, new Jean, Jubilee, Mystique will be good.

Yes, Hollywood politics most of the time get in the way of telling the best stories.

Every time I wanna step into defend Sharon and talk about how the hate the character gets is really over the top, this thread turns back into a bash thread for other female comic characters.

Flimsy excuse. You've been bashing Sharon saying you wanted her to die ages ago.

And when did expressing a dislike for a poor casting considered bashing? People here have stated their dislike in EVC in the role and much worse, I didn't consider it bashing since it was their subjective opinion and is all part of open discussion.

I know, it wouldn't have hurt to show a quick shot of her like in the first trailer as an easter egg tease. Yeah, my expectations for more Sharon in CW have once again decreased, it's a TWS deja vu all over again.

With the coke advertising I wouldn't pay attention to it because it looks like they have gone for characters already well established and/or Avengers.

Yes, I agree with the merch theory. Well I suggest you at least wait to see CW to see where you stand. I know I will be.

Exactly! And my favorite part is how they were presenting the teams in that spot and completely excluded her. 2 more seconds for her wouldn't have killed them.

It's like either you have Wanda or Sharon on the promo but never the two together.

And you're right, they are putting Hulk because he's an avenger. Just like they showed more of Wanda because she was in AoU. It looks more like Marvel is doing an avenger movie than cap :whatever:.

Did you happen to see the Coke Hulk v Ant-Man Superbowl spot? It wasn't CW related. It was about Marvel and so are the cans.

Sharon's only ever been part of it in very early promo material that was leaked by merchandise partners. That stuff was most likely drawn well before they even started filming.

They didn't show Sharon in the end team spot because she's not part of the fight. She wasn't there in the first trailer and she wasn't there in the official team fight photo.

The short SB spot focused on the team fighting aspect. There wasn't any mention of politics or the accords, so we didn't see General Ross or whomever Freeman is playing who Sharon seems to be working with/for. We still haven't seen Zemo or Spider-Man. We've actually seen very little material from the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"