Should they make another Punisher movie? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's what a Tom Jane PUNISHER: WAR ZONE would have been like...

I thought it was decent. He took way too long to get involved with no really good exploration or explanation as to why.

I think it was done to just pad the time out a bit, and try to build up some tension.

I'd rather see an cross country punisher, not rooted down to one city but with outposts all over the country under different alias'. NYC isn't the only place that has crime.

I thought it was decent. He took way too long to get involved with no really good exploration or explanation as to why.

i think he took way too long for this reason, i may be wrong but this is how i saw it:

Frank looks to have hit rock bottom doing what he does and it seems like he feels that no matter what he does things never change.Perlman's character reflected those sentiments perfectly when they spoke briefly in the bar.You could tell all the violence happening bugged him and a part of him wanted to do what he does, It wasnt until the bar owner told him that he went out there regardless that it hit Frank that what he does cant be stopped and he has to keep going.

thats my two cents and i felt it was a subtle message that was done brilliantly.

Best 10 minutes I've spent watching an online film. That was nice. Bring back Jane!

I never really liked the Punisher movie with him and Travolta, because it seemed really cheesy, but if Jane comes back and does a movie like this I'm all for it.

Fantastic short! Man its great! I sure hope MARVEL is watching!

I can almost guarantee this'll lead to something. This is more than just a love letter.

Actually, here's Jane's reason.

haha good question. the idea was, Frank is trying to take a breather after one particularly hard mission - which has forced him to blow his hideaway and lose everything - again. something that Frank is pretty used to by now.

he's managed to escape relatively unscathed, but all he's got left is a .45 or two. he's got to rebuild his life all over again.

he's stolen a van and parked it on a forgotten street in the ghetto, where he climbs into the back and gets a few hours of much deserved sleep. Morning comes and he decides he might as well wash the blood out of his uniform, and put something in his stomach.

his day hasn't even started yet when sure enough, trouble finds him. again.

the last thing he wants to do is get involved with some street punks war party.
capiche?

True, but it does show he seemed to put some thought into how his character reached that point in the short.

WOW. I WANT TOM JANE BACK. Best Punisher film ever. This is the tone, mood, and atmosphere I want in a Punisher film. Marvel's seeing this I'm sure. Adapt Ennis' MAX Punisher stories with Tom Jane!

Well that was pretty damn good. Better than all of War Zone. lol

I don't blame Jane for walking away considering how that last film turned out, but I sure wish things had been different. This proves he's by no means unable to play the character again, but unfortunately I think that opportunity is now closed to him.

This was so freakin awesome. Love Jane to get another shot at it in a movie or even a tv show. FX , HBO or some other would really be cool.

I would love Marvel Studios to make a low-budget movie for The Punisher.

Maybe not the big screen, but maybe Jane will get a shot at a cable series for Frank.
That would be legendary.

Found it.

It would be nice to see some crime fighting outside of NY I look at the Punisher has a guy who goes were the crime is.

The Punisher is a character that I would think would be easy for a studio to pull off a big budget isnt needed the story is pretty straight forward. I really do hope Marvel gives it there try they got there movies right so I would hope that they could knock a Punisher movie out I think he could work in the MCU it has to have a dark side to it.

Last edited:
I would love Marvel Studios to make a low-budget movie for The Punisher.

That would probably work.

Maybe not the big screen, but maybe Jane will get a shot at a cable series for Frank.
That would be legendary.

This would really work too! I think a Frank or Punisher titled series would work great for television. AMC is calling! ;)

Agreed. I think if AMC, Showtime, or HBO produced this it could be a nice gritty show. Think Breaking Bad with more blood, bullets, and Punishment!

Before Thomas Jane put up the backstory behind the movie, my interpretation was Castle didn't get involved with the prostitute because she's a prostitute and breaking the law. I agree with somebody else's interpretation on her about Frank, he's not an everyday superhero stopping crime on the street, he's of the "plan out a hit and kill mob people" variety.

I think it was just to show some conflict with his character and to give him a bit of a character arc. I mean, it's a short film for Pete's sake...it'd be pretty dry if it was just Jane opening up shop on thugs and that was it.

I think Punisher would work better as a TV show than as a movie seeing as how he doesn't have much of a rogues gallery outside of Jigsaw. Put it on HBO or Cinemax, make it like that short & have some subtle ties to the MCU, BAM great show!

He's got plenty they can pull from for a movie if they wanted.

Nicky Cavella, Pittsy, Ink
The Holy, Elite, Mr. Payback
Barracuda
Ma Gnucci and her sons
The Russian
Maginty, Finn Cooley
William Rawlins
The Bulats
Tony Pizzo
Bushwacker
The Rev
Damage

I think Punisher would work better as a TV show than as a movie seeing as how he doesn't have much of a rogues gallery outside of Jigsaw. Put it on HBO or Cinemax, make it like that short & have some subtle ties to the MCU, BAM great show!

Funny but wrong.

That's actually a better argument for a movie series than a tv show. With a movie series you only need three good enemies to sustain a trilogy. You'd need a WHOLE lot more than that, though, to carry a tv show. One of the many reasons why Batman: TAS, for instance, worked so well was because Batman just had so many different enemies to choose from that the show runners could sustain the entire series on them, regularly using Batman's well-known enemies without seeming repetive, and rarely ever having to make up whole new bad guys to fill out the episode count. I'm not entirely sure of what constitutes the Punisher's rogues gallery, but if it's that barren than a movie series would be the better idea.

i would love to know what marvel thinks of this.

if they're skeptical of doing another movie, let jane do an online mini-series like mortal kombat legacy. better yet, an hbo series... adapting various storylines from the max line. that would be awemazing. seeing as how the rights have reverted back to them, i feel like they might really be willing to give a punisher film another shot though, especially with the overwhelmingly positive reaction it has received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"