Should they make another Punisher movie? - Part 2

The theatrical version felt a little more like a revenge movie than a true DD story. With the new murder subplot with Coolio, the movie gains new life and has more purpose. Everything makes more sense now like the Kingpin's reputation and his subsequent downfall. Plus the fight sequences are extended. It was like watching a DareDevil graphic novel.

I felt like I watched a whole different movie. A better movie. An awesome movie. Unfortunately, there's just too many Ben Affleck haters out there.

The irony is this comic book movie brought the dark, gritty, and "realistic" feeling to the genre two years before people were introduced to Nolan's version of Batman.

Re: Punisher

It's a controversial view with him. Many people feel he should just be a one-dimensional character shooting all sorts of mother****ers with a Uzi like he was Schwarzenegger (honestly, Lundgren did a much better job at doing this than Stevenson).

But I really enjoyed Jane's take of the character. He made Frank Castle tragic. Realistic. Human.

Im lost with the Stevenson viewpoints, what exactly did he do wrong playing the Punisher?. I thought he looked the part and did a hell of a job. Stevenson had much more of a military trained feel to him I felt.

I would like to see Jane come back for part 2, im certainly not opposed if Stevenson was to come back either.

By the way the spandex and white boots in Spiderman comic was bad ass! You have to admit the Punisher outfit is what drew the attention, I still think he got the coolest outfit in all of Marvel. Wasnt that the argument that the Punisher had with the Marvel Universe? hence "Punisher kills the Marvel Universe" lol

Last edited:
Stevenson was fine, he was just Castle at a different time line. Where Jane was year one, Stevenson was like year seven. But honestly, Stevenson felt less tactical to me, I mean spinning upside down from a chandelier? jumping a few stories in the air through a window, always getting shot in the back.

Jane in his one scene of fighting just felt more military like in how he cleared the room, not to mention when he did get shot they used the skull how it was meant to be used, a target to draw fire.

Yeah, but most of that stuff isn't really Stevenson's fault as much as the crap script and fight/gun choreography.

But I do agree that Jane really fit the bill of a military man, probably more than Stevenson.

Yeah, but most of that stuff isn't really Stevenson's fault as much as the crap script and fight/gun choreography.

But I do agree that Jane really fit the bill of a military man, probably more than Stevenson.

Ah man really,,, I even had a few navy seal friends that said the gun choreography was good with Stevenson. They said he really looked like he was trained well. I mean not the hanging upside down hollywood stuff, but everything else.

I do agree that if I had to pick I like Jane. Why the hell would they not continue with Jane?? I still dont get it man..

He was, he was quick with reloading and switching weapons and all that. It's just he was more spray and pray compared to Jane's Castle.

I really only saw one scene with spray and pray,, but it was for a tactical purpose other then that it looked dead on to me.. excluding the upside down Hollywood stuff. Not to argue or anything I do agree with what your saying about Jane as well.

Last edited:
There were a couple, and not to keep piling on, there are a bunch moments where he looks to be wincing when shooting the guns.

hmmm... Okay, just saying is kinda weird to hear guys that have done this there entire life to give him praise. But maybe I missed something,, maybe it dosent translate well on film or something I guess

Like I said, he looked to be trained well in handling weapons. It's just, tactically the character just seemed to run into situations without much of a plan.

Both Jane and Stevenson handled guns the proper way. None of this Hollywood firing from the hip and hitting everyone. The spray and pray scenes made sense as he didn't have anybody else to supply cover fire to move across the room. I do take issue with the chandelier scene. Even my wife said that isn't the Punisher. I also had a problem with the guy in the elevator getting his head blow apart by being shot in the head with two 9mm's. Doesn't happen unless he had tannerite for brains.

I think Jane pulled off the tactical CQB style a lot better that Stevenson, but that's not to say Stevenson didn't do the character justice. I think with the crap he was given, he did a pretty good job.

so my girlfriend liked PWZ...she saw it the other day when i told her she should just avoid it. then again she likes dumb movies cause they make her laugh.

what i did find interesting about her liking is that she saw it with a friend, both of them do photography and film at school, and they liked the cinematography and lighting for PWZ. i thought that was funny.

t did go overboard with the neon and yellow, but there were a few scenes where the lighting is pretty good.

If they finally make a good script and get a good director then maybe yes they should reboot it again. But seriously how many times can they redo Punisher?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"