BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no skepticism, this movie is perfect and considered to be one of the greats of modern cinema and its time.

Praise DC.

Praise Snyder.

I really have to explain why I thought the clip was funny?

Yes, Lencho. People need to tear down your non-gushing opinion, and you're not giving them enough material right now. :o

Well it wasn't a comedy. :/

It was for me. Coupled with the first TV spot, the Superdickery was "on fleek" as the kids and corporate advertising say these days.

Yes, Lencho. People need to tear down your non-gushing opinion, and you're not giving them enough material right now. :o

:hehe:

But, if I had one truly positive thing to say...

I liked Cavill's Batman voice better than Affleck's. :o

Oh, and I was feeling the music.

I guess Superman's lines made the scene better, but Batman still comes across as a noob trying to act like he can beat a pro with his "do you bleed? You Will."

It's not funny, Lench! Don't laugh at the sexy men in tights. Cavill is a sweet man IRL and one day I'm going to marry him, and Affleck is cool for some (shallow) reason. Oh the negativity in here...(insert gif of a guy jumping out of a window or slapping his forehead)! Synder is da man, Lench. Da man...yes, I wrote Synder on purpose, since everyone else is doing it for some reason.

It's not funny, Lench! Don't laugh at the sexy men in tights. Cavill is a sweet man IRL and one day I'm going to marry him, and Affleck is cool for some (shallow) reason. Oh the negativity in here...(insert gif of a guy jumping out of a window or slapping his forehead)! Synder is da man, Lench. Da man...yes, I wrote Synder on purpose, since everyone else is doing it for some reason.

Tfi5hA9.gif

Synder is a straight-up O.G.

(No I'm not a Mets fan)

I guess Superman's lines made the scene better, but Batman still comes across as a noob trying to act like he can beat a pro with his "do you bleed? You Will."

Batman comes off as a bit stupid, to be honest. People said it was cut, but I don't think the new clip changed anything,

Batman: "Bwahahah! Die, die, dieeee!"

(Crashes his batplane. Gets third degree burns all over.)

Batman: "Time to bleed, alien. Take this, and that!"

(Batman breaks both hands. Some of his fingers fall off)

Batman: "Hahah, you're dead, you clown!"

(Kicks Superman in the groin, but breaks his foot. Kicks his chin with the other one, but breaks that one too.)

Batman: "Pain don't hurt!"

(Tries to bite, but breaks teeth)

Batman: "Almost got you now!"

(Headbutts Superman, but his head explodes)

Batman looks like a complete idiot in latest clips. Well-supported by look of disgust, that Superman gives him.

If you ever find yourself wondering why this thread exists, go to the All Things thread, express a relatively minor concern, and wait five minutes.

Batman looks like a complete idiot in latest clips. Well-supported by look of disgust, that Superman gives him.

I'm going to give Synder a chance, but I wonder what the next clip is. Batman putting his head into a giant fan to stop it? Batman shoving peas up his nose? Licking batteries? We'll see.

Some people: Wasn't feeling Cavill's acting in that clip. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't doing it for me.

Children: LOLOLOL let me see you try to act!12 Cavill was cool authoritative and perfect! #RunThisJokeIntoTheGround

The recent clips and TV spots have me worried that parts of this movie will end up being unintentionally comical.

All of this scowling and mean-mugging is only serving to bring this movie ever closer towards camp, as well. Camp can be wonderful, however...when it's intentional. With the OTT tone of the recent clips, this movie just seems to be shouting at me:

rH77M2s.jpg

As for the dialogue itself, Cavill's delivery is as stiff and stilted as ever, which is surprising since he had such a great turn in U.N.C.L.E., but that serves to highlight the difference between filmmakers like Ritchie and Snyder. They also seem to betting the farm on the "Do you bleed" line. Loses a lot of the initial impact when viewed in context, for me. As a matter of fact, that's the problem with the dialogue in this clip - it feels like a cobbled together collection of tag lines.

What happened?

It was bloody ridiculous. Skrilla got it the worst; he was immediately pounced upon by at least a half dozen other users. I recall a couple of comments that went somewhere along these lines:

"How does it feel to be a horrible person?"

"Oh look, we've got a ****** in here."

There were several more, of course, but these stood out to me the most, and all for the sake of a comment that expressed dissatisfaction with the clip. There was no trolling of other users, and no baiting of any sort whatsoever...but apparently, that didn't matter. The worst part about it is that although the majority of the others didn't egg them on, they didn't exactly condemn this behavior either, which suggests to me that insulting people is condoned, yet voicing a dissenting opinion about a piece of fiction isn't. Priorities.

I'm thinking this Superman won't be totally jarringly portrayed as he was in MOS, but it could just be the case where this is a Superman that will still divide and frustrate people.

It was bloody ridiculous. Skrilla got it the worst; he was immediately pounced upon by at least a half dozen other users. I recall a couple of comments that went somewhere along these lines:

"How does it feel to be a horrible person?"

"Oh look, we've got a ****** in here."

There were several more, of course, but these stood out to me the most, and all for the sake of a comment that expressed dissatisfaction with the clip. There was no trolling of other users, and no baiting of any sort whatsoever...but apparently, that didn't matter. The worst part about it is that although the majority of the others didn't egg them on, they didn't exactly condemn this behavior either, which suggests to me that insulting people is condoned, yet voicing a dissenting opinion about a piece of fiction isn't. Priorities.

I have noticed that MoS fans (not all. Some) are pretty aggressive for some reason. Can you explain why, professor Visualiza?

Some person (no names) even removed me from his friend list after I made fun of MoS. Outrageous!:yay:

If you ever find yourself wondering why this thread exists, go to the All Things thread, express a relatively minor concern, and wait five minutes.
Threads like this should exist. I dislike party poopers too. I loved the new Star Wars movie and I want to hang with people, who enjoyed it too. Instead of those, who try to explain to me why the movie, that I liked a lot, is garbage.

But here is a very good place to express negative opinion. Because the person, who doesn't want to hear all this, won't enter this thread. And if he will, he should blame only himself.

Threads like this should exist. I dislike party poopers too. I loved the new Star Wars movie and I want to hang with people, who enjoyed it too. Instead of those, who try to explain to me why the movie, that I liked a lot, is garbage.

But here is a very good place to express negative opinion. Because the person, who doesn't want to hear all this, won't enter this thread. And if he will, he should blame only himself.

Yeah, it's superherohype, not **********ohype.

(Off-topic, but are you Danish?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"