BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading this right? You want us to create an alternate reality in our heads to prove that people "just weren't ready for MoS"? :huh:

So, he's a big DC fan. This changes... what about what I said?

Umm... are a lot of these folks who complain about a picture being ruined just because then changed a costume or the character's origin big DC (or Marvel) fans? Read my post again. I said the guy only has 1882 followers. I don't really think his tweet will even reach 100,000 people before the week ends.

Umm... are a lot of these folks who complain about a picture being ruined just because then changed a costume or the character's origin big DC (or Marvel) fans? Read my post again. I said the guy only has 1882 followers. I don't really think his tweet will even reach 100,000 people before the week ends.

And even then... What about my post does that change? He's the Vice President of Media for a ****ing cinema chain. Effectively, it's his job to help sell tickets-- an extra 1882 tickets is an extra 1882 tickets.

I'm not saying he's lying about what he thought of the movie... But I'm sure as **** not taking it as gospel.

And even then... What about my post does that change? He's the Vice President of Media for a ****ing cinema chain. Effectively, it's his job to help sell tickets-- an extra 1882 tickets is an extra 1882 tickets.

I'm not saying he's lying about what he thought of the movie... But I'm sure as **** not taking it as gospel.

This is a fight you cant win...let him have it.

If he didn't like the film he wouldn't comment. That's what a lot of folks who see films beforehand like that do. I will be honest with you, I doubt he's making it all up to sell tickets.

Yeah, no-one would ever lie about such things. They would prefer the consumer save his/her dollars and spend their hard earns on something other than their cinema chain. Such nobility.

320x240px-LL-09fac513_bunk-the-wire.gif

Yeah, see what I am talking about. Rows! wasn't the best example of the attitude and atmosphere that keeps me, a Batman and Superman fan above all else, away from this board., but it is here and it's not just a matter of growing a thicker skin. You can't have a constructive debate with people like this. Something went horribly wrong with this sub forum after MOS came out.

You know what? I honestly think Chris Sylvia was being 100% honest about the film. I believe he truly loved it, and I honestly don't think him posting his opinion on Twitter was his attempt to sell tickets.

That still doesn't change my ultimate argument that it's one man's opinion, and so seeing him praise it is awesome, and I'm glad he liked it, but that's no guarantee that I will like it.

I've always liked Superman Returns. Its clearly not a crazy opinion to have given how well it fared critically.

And I rather disliked Superman Returns on numerous levels. Man of Steel was just sufficiently terrible to make me revisit whether SR was really that bad.

A guy on KTT (who's known to be in the industry) saw it.

He's going crazy

Yeah, see what I am talking about. Rows! wasn't the best example of the attitude and atmosphere that keeps me, a Batman and Superman fan above all else, away from this board., but it is here and it's not just a matter of growing a thicker skin. You can't have a constructive debate with people like this. Something went horribly wrong with this sub forum after MOS came out.

No doubt, this board's a hellhole. I think both sides of the arguement can agree with that one.

I never considered Batman 89 to be a dark or serious movie or take on Batman.

I think the mistake is assuming that "dark" and "serious" must go together. IMO, Batman 89 was dark *camp*, being both really dark and not especially serious. I mean, the climactic scene involves a giant parade through the town thrown by a known criminal murderer, that everyone shows up to. That's almost the definition of camp. Its just also dark, because the mass murder via poison gas is totally real.

For the record if this film does receive both critical and commercial success, i'm not going to gloat to everyone here on this thread who were skeptical about this film whatsoever, instead i am going to be happy as hell that we're finally getting an awesome proper DC cinematic universe in the foreseeable future.

For the record if this film does receive both critical and commercial success, i'm not going to gloat to everyone here on this thread who were skeptical about this film whatsoever, instead i am going to be happy as hell that we're finally getting an awesome proper DC cinematic universe in the foreseeable future.

Like a gentleman should. Honestly I feel very confident in saying that the overwhelming majority of "skeptics" here want this movie to be good, so there's no reason to rub anything in anyone's faces. Once this movie comes out and is successful, we all win.
That won't stop the childish "told ya so" nonsense from flooding this thread and others, but I felt it worth noting right now before we finally see the movie.
On that note, the one thing from these recent tweets that has me more excited than anything else:
Its no masterpiece, but if you're looking for a solid improvement over MOS and an entertaining movie with the two most famous superheroes in the world, yeah, he did it.

That's 100% exactly what I want and what I'm expecting.

I took my little cousin out to see the 2014 Bay TMNT expecting it to be crap but it did a wonderful job with the turtles' personality I kinda ignored most of the flaws
So I would rather stay skeptic and be pleasantly surprised than hyped of my a** and be horribly disappointed like what happened to my experience with MOS and ASM2

F*** no, I'm going to rub it in their faces and then tie them to a chair and get them to watch MoS again and see the look on their faces when they say, "Dear God, Jaxon, this is a masterpiece. Thank you for showing me the light. Here, take all my money and my hot sister"

I would even say that fan4stic is a masterpiece if someone tied me to a chair

you know what, if BvS is doing great, they will give the most of the credits to batman & wonderwonder, if BvS is doing meh, they will blame mostly on MOS & Zack Synder.

Last edited:
Nah. You've either been on the hype train from the beginning, or you haven't been. The doubters can burn, baby. :sly:

F*** no, I'm going to rub it in their faces and then tie them to a chair and get them to watch MoS again and see the look on their faces when they say, "Dear God, Jaxon, this is a masterpiece. Thank you for showing me the light. Here, take all my money and my hot sister"

^This. Exactly this. Well they would be talking to me not Jaxon. But otherwise exactly this.

Last edited:
Superman Returns had stronger concept and direction than MoS. Just the execution didn't work so well - casting, Lex's plan and that overall dead feeling you had in many scenes. Man of Steel was for younger audience, much more action-driven but didn't know when enough is enough so I can understand if the final felt like something from Transformers for many critics. And many characters were even more pointless than in SR.

notsureifserious.gif

We needed MoS in 2006, not Superman Returns. Superman Returns had one foot stuck in the past. I like the Donnerverse (the first two), but it took them long enough to move on.

This place will be fine. However there is certain boards and posters on other sites that deserve to get their face rubbed in.

Let's break it down.

1. Superman leaves Earth for 5 years all while Lois is bearing his child/has had his child. That kid was older than 5.
2. Superman's memory of his encounter with Lois was never wiped. He remembered. He remembered having his powers taken, he remembered sleeping with Lois. He knew Lois was pregnant. Still left.
3. Superman returns to find people have moved on without him.
4. Superman doesn't stand up for himself and take the woman he loves, instead he stalks outside of the house.
5. Superman does nothing in the film except lift things up including a mountain of Kryptonite that was shown earlier being so effective to him that a single shard renders him useless.

What was stronger about the concept? That it piggy backed off an existing idea? That it was afraid of venturing out and making a name for itself? That it was a homage to films that came around many years earlier? That Superman was a deadbeat? That Superman lets someone just stab them in the gut? That the villain had a plan that involved wiping out another coast? The concept was not strong at all.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"