BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affleck doing Justice League would insure a great script and great performances. And he'll borrow his aesthetic from Snyder, I'm pretty sure.

We might get are 95 percent fresh movie with Affleck. Can't say the same for Snyder, and I'm a borderline fan of his.

BS won't bomb. It may underperform expectations but that is about all.

Collider talked about McSweeny rumor.

Collider guys put a fair amount of confidence in the dude.

Their take, if true, is that Batman becomes the core of the DCU should BvS disappoint. They agree a Bats solo would be rolled out immediately and JL pushed back.

I agtree. If there are problems WB goes back to its ace in the hole. Batman.

And Affleck eased into directing JL.

BTW, there has been huge rumors about Batman solo and virtually none about a Superman solo. Do a google search.

I never said BvS would bomb I said IF it does.

I think you need to do a Google search there were rumours abou it involving Brainiac and Supergirl. Also conveniently forget the George Miller rumours? As usual you ignore stuff to make your point.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...n-of-steel-sequel-plot-villain-details-emerge

Affleck doing Justice League would insure a great script and great performances. And he'll borrow his aesthetic from Snyder, I'm pretty sure.

We might get are 95 percent fresh movie with Affleck. Can't say the same for Snyder, and I'm a borderline fan of his.

The Collider crew about Affleck directing a JL were - *"ll yes.

The HitFlix guy said one thing I"ve felt for a while. The DCEU needs a Feige. Better than Affleck directing JL how about him talking creative control of the DCEU.

It'd be cool if Tuesday's big announcement were Affleck taking on that kind of role.

I'd expect Affleck to do a JL but not the first. Filming on JL starts in 2 months and WB is "stuck" with Snyder, for good or bad, through JL1. At that point he'd be in and it'd make sense beyond that to bring in perhaps a different director.

Last edited:
Ah, so Tobias is back to spinning his "WB is phasing out Cavill and Superman" crap again? It was only a matter of time.

Ah, so Tobias is back to spinning his "WB is phasing out Cavill and Superman" crap again? It was only a matter of time.

Yup and he conveniently ignores the counter points that prove he's wrong.

Like when he said Cavill hadn't tweeted the Dawn of Justice League pic but his co stars did. Didn't bother to check and realise that Cavill had Instagramed it and doesn't have Twitter though.

Said nothing about Cavill. And did not say they are phasing out Supes.

I did say and I think its likely that he gets used in team films only.

That will depend on how the other solo films do. If they are big hits that outperform MOS then the incentive to do a standalone is not there for WB.

I never said BvS would bomb I said IF it does.

I think you need to do a Google search there were rumours abou it involving Brainiac and Supergirl. Also conveniently forget the George Miller rumours? As usual you ignore stuff to make your point.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...n-of-steel-sequel-plot-villain-details-emerge

I said there have been virtually no rumors about MOS2. Not none. Gonzalez is about the only one there has been aside from the Miller flurry last September which Miller quashed. Since then nothing new.

It is what it is and right now WB's priorities seem elsewhere.

I said there have been virtually no rumors about MOS2. Not none. Gonzalez is about the only one there has been aside from the Miller flurry last September which Miller quashed. Since then nothing new.

whether or not Miller quashed it it was still a rumour that came out. That's the point I'm making there have only been rumours about the Batman solo too. It doesn't matter whose reports them either. Rumours a rumour.

It's funny how you take the MOS2 delay rumour as gospel yet ignore the other rumours that have come out since that one. We don't know what WBs priorities are.

WB announced that there will be a MOS2 between 2016 and 2020 sometime ago.

whether or not Miller quashed it it was still a rumour that came out. That's the point I'm making there have only been rumours about the Batman solo too. It doesn't matter whose reports them either. Rumours a rumour.

It's funny how you take the MOS2 delay rumour as gospel yet ignore the other rumours that have come out since that one. We don't know what WBs priorities are.

I'm looking at the Phase 1 schedule more than rumors. Batman solo and JLD to be added. If SS is as big or bigger than Guardians SS2 will be fast tracked.

There is no room really for another film in Phase 1.

Cavill has hinted at this. He knows more than we do on several occasions..

Back to skepticism.

I don't think Snyder gets Superman as he does batman.

Its clear in the latest trailer.

The Batwing, the warehouse Bat fight scene. Poetry in motion. Literally.

There is a reason there is a thread on batman's fighting style and not Superman's.

Snyder can be brilliant and what he is doing with Bats in the film could well turn out definitive.

In a way, I doubt anyone would argue this, MOS was not definitive.

To not have Superman or Clark speak at all in the final trailer shows if not som dis-interest in Supes at least a blindness to how he is coming off so far in the bits we have.

This is a great article I mostly agree with. Perfect history lesson of where Supes was and where he is now. And what's needed to get him back to his old glory.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/the-trouble-with-superman/435408/

Last edited:
Superman doesn't have a fighting style bruh. First punch he ever threw in his life was against Zod at the Kent Farm.

Smh

Superman doesn't have a fighting style bruh. First punch he ever threw in his life was against Zod at the Kent Farm.

Smh

Nah man we all know Superman is a Matrix-style kung-fu master. That's why that JJ Abrams Superman movie shoulda been made way back when, yo. Everyone knows that a movie where Superman fights the greatest comic book villain of all time, TY-ZOR, and a secret agent/alien Lex Luthor woulda been so much more awesome than Man of Steel.

Smh

I'd argue he should have a fighting style. Newton did and sure it stmmed from his black belt background but still.

This is the thing that makes a character more interesting. More of a draw.

By all accounts Snyder has put a lot into the BatCave and what it is. Sounds awesome.

Why didn't he put the same detail into the Fortress? Having experiment modules, a vault with kryptonite maybe, servors monitoring everything.

Its that kind of "failure" to really develop Superman's world that worries me about Snyder. He does not seem to see the potential.

If you want to reinvent the character then character development is critical. MOS did not have much, we can only hope bvS does.

Plus building the mythos. Making the Fortress as cool as the BatCave and all. Giving Superman some gadgets.

Its that lack of attention to detail with Superman on Snyder's part that is troublesome. At least it is to me.

In the end its details and nuances that make for an intriguing character IMO.

Like how does he not have Superman speak in the final trailer? He had to have had to have OK's that trailer.

Last edited:
I'm looking at the Phase 1 schedule more than rumors. Batman solo and JLD to be added. If SS is as big or bigger than Guardians SS2 will be fast tracked.

There is no room really for another film in Phase 1.

Cavill has hinted at this. He knows more than we do on several occasions..

Where has he hinted at this?

I also don't get this there's no room talk there's 12 months over a year.

Where has he hinted at this?

I also don't get this there's no room talk there's 12 months over a year.

He hinted it here - that he hopes for another film after the DCEU is rolled out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...r-solo-superman-movies-in-the-future#/slide/1

Or in USA Today a few weeks ago:

There’s a whole world of fantasy in comic books, and if you just focus on one small portion of it, you’re never going to get the full magic of it,” Cavill says. “Now that we’re introducing all these other characters and really building the universe to a far larger place than just a simple alien’s life on Earth, it really makes it extraordinarily interesting.”

Last edited:
We could argue all day that NOBODY has gotten Superman "right" since Donner.

Bryan Singer certainly had no idea what the hell he was doing. That was a case of having a $300 million budget and making an extravagant 3-hour movie with no direction or focus and having it cut down considerably. Plus his nostalgic take of living in the past and giving us something we've already seen 4 times.

Richard Lester and Sidney J. Furie are clearly not worth mentioning.

So for me, it's between Donner and Snyder, with both visions giving us opposite ends of the spectrum.

And honestly, for my money, Lois & Clark was pretty damn good.

We could argue all day that NOBODY has gotten Superman "right" since Donner.

Bryan Singer certainly had no idea what the hell he was doing. That was a case of having a $300 million budget and making an extravagant 3-hour movie with no direction or focus and having it cut down considerably. Plus his nostalgic take of living in the past and giving us something we've already seen 4 times.

Richard Lester and Sidney J. Furie are clearly not worth mentioning.

So for me, it's between Donner and Snyder, with both visions giving us opposite ends of the spectrum.

And honestly, for my money, Lois & Clark was pretty damn good.

Its like you either ape Donner or totally go to the other extreme.

Its not between Donner or Snyder for me. I believe there is a better way, and way that would work to make Superman popular again today.

WB tries too hard o reinvent him. As the article said its been continula re-invention since the turn of the century.

There is a path forward with a great director who has a great story to tell. Whether WB will allow that is TBD.

IMO MOS did not re-ignite interest in Supes. If HitFlix screening rumor is true or what Gonzalez rumored last summer is true then BvS may not either.

Last edited:
He hinted it here - that he hopes for another film after the DCEU is rolled out.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...r-solo-superman-movies-in-the-future#/slide/1

Or in USA Today a few weeks ago:

There’s a whole world of fantasy in comic books, and if you just focus on one small portion of it, you’re never going to get the full magic of it,” Cavill says. “Now that we’re introducing all these other characters and really building the universe to a far larger place than just a simple alien’s life on Earth, it really makes it extraordinarily interesting.”

I don't see what he's hinting at he says he hopes there are more solo sequels in future. That to me simply say the plans haven't been put into motion yet not that the sequels off the table.

I don't see what he's hinting at he says he hopes there are more solo sequels in future. That to me simply say the plans haven't been put into motion yet not that the sequels off the table.

To be clear I said Phase 1. He seems to be referring to Phase 1 and the rollout of the rest of the DCEU and, hopefully, then there will be another solo.

We're both huge fans of Supes and we disagree on some things about him. But that is what happens when one is passionate about something.

BvS is crucial for Superman. It can do huge but if audience reaction to Supes in the film is "meh" then the success of BvS will possibly not redound to Superman. Audiences need to come out wanting to see more Superman.

Last edited:
Curious how that ensure a greater script than the one we are going to get. In either scenario both the writer would be Terrio.
The main difference is that snyder reads comic books and has experience making big technical movies for studios and Affleck is admittedly learning on the job in both scenarios.

For me it would be like asking right now that Affleck has a better Infinity War in him than The Russo's. Ignoring the reception of TWS, it's a fair statement by internet logic to assert Affleck is 'better' than them(see track record), and would 'turn out a better script'. When I'd argue he's less familiar with the script and less experienced putting these big movies together(not at all easy).

I'm super down for Affleck post the BvS experience to take on batman. I think he has a better batman movie in him than nolan. Rather one I would like more. But this jla thing is bit much all things considered.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back