BvS Skepticism Regarding the Film - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be the best film ever, i feel it in my bones.

Just feels great to start this thread off with some positivity.

Cuz lord know in a few hours, things are gonna run get heated arond here. :hehe:

Negativity in a designated thread for skepticism? Heresy!

10 pages of skepticism. Take that all you hope filled people.

Why do you even care? Just stay out of the thread if you can't handle the opinions that are discussed here.

Why do you even care? Just stay out of the thread if you can't handle the opinions that are discussed here.

SHH Boards episode 10: The Phantom Thread Title:

Darth Whiner: "Look at all the haters...I can't understand why people are so negative. This movie is going to be awesome."

I look forward to part 15, when they finally read and understand the title of the thread.

(spoiler...it won't happen)

You talking to me? Cuz I rather enjoy hanging out here. It's nice to get different perspectives. What I said was simply a matter of fact.

Also, if you look back at my history in this thread, you'll notice that I've always had balanced responses and fair criticisms. I don't get upset because some people are negative.

The S doesn't stand for hope, it stands for Skepticism :o

AbradolfLincler said:
May I ask why you're ABSOLUTELY sure that BvS will be bad?
Yes, but I think you already understand:

AbradolfLincler said:
The marketing for BvS hasn't even been bad. Divisive at worst. That second trailer had as many fans as critics.
We are on the opposite sides of the divide.

You know that feeling of anticipation you get after watching a great trailer? It's just not there for me. The casting for Lex is weak. The fight scenes look like an escalation of the boring fights from MoS. Overall I'm just not impressed.

Now that you've drawn me out, I'm preparing myself for the flames. I post here about once every 2 months, and each time I'm insulted and told to leave. I'll be back in three months to read up about the movie. Hopefully it gets better.

You know that feeling of anticipation you get after watching a great trailer? It's just not there for me. The casting for Lex is weak. The fight scenes look like an escalation of the boring fights from MoS. Overall I'm just not impressed.

Now that you've drawn me out, I'm preparing myself for the flames. I post here about once every 2 months, and each time I'm insulted and told to leave. I'll be back in three months to read up about the movie. Hopefully it gets better.
oddly. Lex casting has been the most exciting thing from this film for me. Looking forward to that performance more than anything else.

I admit everything I've heard from Lex has been impressive.

oddly. Lex casting has been the most exciting thing from this film for me. Looking forward to that performance more than anything else.

I think the Lex casting might appeal more to "Marvel-type" fans. He's really goofy and whacky. He's got a lot in common with Justin Hammer from IM1+2, but he's just totally nuts.

It's not the cold, calculating Lex we might have expected, think Bryan Cranston playing a very serious, very sombre version of the Lex from STAS. If they were still going Nolan style, that's what they might have done.

I feel like they are purposely misdirecting us with Lex with what theyve shown us. They want us to think Lex is this goofy whacky kid, but i feel like towards the climax of the film the REAL Lex will emerge and Eisenberg will convey that cold, calculating SOB Lex Luthor that we know and love.

So do you guys feel this movie is going to be "unconventially great" like Forbes said? I've thought about it for the past week, and I think this movie is gonna be pretty awesome. However there are obviously people, critics included, who have made up their minds already to hate this film. It just doesn't have that mass appeal with a simple story and a lighthearted tone like the MCU films do.

I can't see the film an 85% or greater. Maybe it could pull off an 80%, but I just think that's gonna be an incredible difficult thing to achieve, given the already divisive nature of the film.

The point is that your response was a tone deaf deflection. Tone deaf in the sense that not only are you ignoring the fact that he said "part of me...", which should tell you that he's more interested in seeing the movie succeed, but your first question was answered before it was asked. The second is just irrelevant deflection; that's like asking someone who feeds stray cats "Why don't you feed stray dogs too? How about pigeons? What makes them different!?"

I will agree that my one line response was a bit rash because I just read over his post quickly and didn't realize what you are saying that he mostly wants this movie to succeed. I read his post and interpreted it as, "I want this movie to fail so people will learn a lesson" instead of "PART OF ME wants this movie to fail so people will learn a lesson" which changes things.

I agree that it looks like a deflection but I ultimately disagree that it is one because I wasn't bringing up Star Wars or the MCU because I want to take the focus off BvS and go into why he didn't instead say this about those other franchises. It was more of a rhetorical question to highlight the fact this movie and DCEU gets(disproportionately) this type of hater post all the time(how I interpreted his post originally). I'm not exclusively referring to this board but other boards, youtube, and social media as a whole. And yes I know every franchise gets this but I feel like it is disproportionate for this movie/DCEU. I was pointing out a perfect example as what I interpreted as bias because people want to downplay it as a thing that's not happening to this movie when so many people have come forward and said that in their experience it is DEFINITELY happening. Grace from Beyond the Trailer came out with a video saying she feels it is a campaign. I wouldn't go that far but that video of hers just illustrates how many people are seeing this haterade going around.

There is no scenario where this movie being both good and successful is a negative for anybody; it's a win-win for all of us in that case. The fans (and the corrosive stans among them) will have their wishes and hopes validated, while those of us that are skeptical will be pleasantly surprised. It doesn't get much better than that, and to those of you who honestly believe that people are losing sleep just praying for this movie to fail, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Yea that's great logic but hating on something is not always logic based. In fact people often get labeled haters because their hate flies in the face of logic.

I don't think as many people want this movie to fail as much as some of you are letting on

I don't know how much you feel we are letting on, but if you think it's minuscule I disagree. I think there is decent amount of people who have been poo pooing this movie since it's been announced and would love to be proven right. If it's good you say they will be pleasantly surprised and that might be the case, but that doesn't mean they aren't RIGHT NOW happily aboard the haterade train.

Last edited:
I've voiced my skepticism many times, but I love the idea of an extended R-rated BvS cut. I think that's pretty brilliant actually.

So do you guys feel this movie is going to be "unconventially great" like Forbes said? I've thought about it for the past week, and I think this movie is gonna be pretty awesome. However there are obviously people, critics included, who have made up their minds already to hate this film. It just doesn't have that mass appeal with a simple story and a lighthearted tone like the MCU films do.

I can't see the film an 85% or greater. Maybe it could pull off an 80%, but I just think that's gonna be an incredible difficult thing to achieve, given the already divisive nature of the film.

Off the top of my head here are just some active poisons I feel this movie has working against it in terms of critical reception:

~People made up their mind that it will be bad(literally have heard this multiple times)
~Snyder prejudice
~DC prejudice
~Seriousness in a CBM prejudice
~Will be nitpicked harder than other films/Is under a microscope

If it gets low scores I'm not saying this is the reason it got them. I just mean all things being equal these are working against it. I honestly don't know if this movie will get a fair shake.

I sincerely don't understand.

I can see that we disagree on the quality of the trailers, but my whole point was that it's foolhardy to judge a film based on the trailers. I cited the overwhelmingly positive response to the MOS trailers, and the disappointment many had in the film itself.

I also understand that you may not like Eisenberg's casting, but you know next to nothing about the character's depiction in this film. I'd list the many times the public was wrong about casting decisions, but I think you already understand...

Look, I can understand skepticism. I can understand being unimpressed. I'm simply at a loss as to how you're certain a film you've neither seen nor read reviews for is going to be terrible. Perhaps it was hyperbole, and that can be forgiven.

But is it really skepticism to KNOW you're going to hate something before you've seen it? As an atheist who is all too familiar with what the word skeptic ACTUALLY means, I'd say that's the opposite of skepticism.

Anyway, I'm not going to insult you or tell you that you don't have a right to your opinion. For all I know, this film could be ****. But with an attitude that there's no chance the film will be anything but a steaming flop, why even bother posting here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"