Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is this: Tom Hardy does appear in terrible roles in terrible movies. Just him being in this movie doesn't guarantee it's good. He may have a higher success rate, but that's not the same thing. When the claim is that none of his roles are bad, it's not cherrypicking to point out a bad role because that contradicts the claim.

I get it man. The movie could suck, who knows really.
You're right dude.

My point is this: Tom Hardy does appear in terrible roles in terrible movies. Just him being in this movie doesn't guarantee it's good. He may have a higher success rate, but that's not the same thing. When the claim is that none of his roles are bad, it's not cherrypicking to point out a bad role because that contradicts the claim.

Writing and directing are so much more important to a successful film than the actors.

To be clear, Tom Hardy wasn't in the Zack Snyder Sucker Punch.

Another add. Jenny Slate. And you know, good. She's a great actress, particularly in indie films, and was good in a film that came out this year called Landline.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jenny-slate-venom-tom-hardy-1202578638/

Jenny Slate is in negotiations to join Tom Hardy in Sony’s “Venom” movie.

Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed are also on board with Ruben Fleischer directing. Sony had no comment on the casting.

Sources say Slate will play a scientist in the film.

Cool, I like her.

I'm not sure how I feel about Carnage being a businessman. Being a psychotic serial killer is kind of critical to his character. Though I guess being a businessman doesn't preclude him from being a serial killer.

Say what you want about this project, but Ruben Fleischer is an inspired choice for the Venom director's seat, and the cast is top notch: Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, Michelle Williams and Jenny Slate. I'm really looking forward to see what this looks like, and hope it'll be a great and interesting take on the character.

I'm not sure how I feel about Carnage being a businessman. Being a psychotic serial killer is kind of critical to his character. Though I guess being a businessman doesn't preclude him from being a serial killer.

I have a feeling the businessman isn't Carnage, though I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Justin Kroll @krolljvar
VENOM update: Kelly Marcel ( 50 SHADES OF GREY) penning latest draft of script

I was about to cringe at this, but she also wrote Saving Mr. Banks as well. Could go either way I guess! Still going to be cautiously optimistic about the film.

I have a feeling the businessman isn't Carnage, though I could be wrong.

IF Cletus is a businessman, they could be a normal dude from the outside/Ted Bundy approach and the symbiote finally allows him to truly be the monster he is on the inside...which wouldn't the worst thing in the world.

I hope Kletus isn't a businessman. I see him as waaaaaay too chaotic and anarchist to hold it together to get through a board meeting let alone build a company.

Maybe as others said he's not the businessman, but the businessman might run afoul of Venom and make efforts to throw Carnage after him.

They said something about mercs earlier, what if it is the jury and Orwell Taylor, only instead of Guradsmen in ironman suits, they want to recreate Venom, and they break a serial killer out of jail in desperation, try to sic him on Brock and it all goes haywire?

I hope Kletus isn't a businessman. I see him as waaaaaay too chaotic and anarchist to hold it together to get through a board meeting let alone build a company.

Maybe as others said he's not the businessman, but the businessman might run afoul of Venom and make efforts to throw Carnage after him.

They said something about mercs earlier, what if it is the jury and Orwell Taylor, only instead of Guradsmen in ironman suits, they want to recreate Venom, and they break a serial killer out of jail in desperation, try to sic him on Brock and it all goes haywire?

That's pretty close to how I imagine it. I mean, why keep Ann's occupation from the comics as Variety hinted, but alter Cletus? Doesn't make much sense!

Last edited:
Justin Kroll @krolljvar
Being told she would play a scientist who works at the company owned by said villain (who may or may not be Carnage)

Sounds like there may be more than one villain. Hollywood Reporter also states Carnage has yet to be cast.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/venom-movie-jenny-slate-talks-1045460

I feel like she's Ashley Kafka who's Brock's prison psychiatrist.

Riz Ahmed as a, "businessman" settles it. He's J. Jonah Jameson. He'll reappear in Spider-Man: Homecoming 2.

Do you think the owner of the company could be a re-worked General Orwell Taylor? Since the Jury were speculated about when a casting call for mercenaries came out recently, perhaps he owns this mercenary group?

Jessica Jones and Twilight had the same screenwriter and JJ was amazing so I still have hope for this movie. Espacially with this casting.

I'm not holding out any hope for this, in the good side, it would probably be 1 and done which could lead to other Spidey verse films like Prowler, Silk... But It'd be another bad film with Venom and Carnage would be introduced in a bad film.

It seemed like they were trying to do the Ultimate Venom storyline in Amazing Spider-Man.
Not sure if that's what this version will be based off.

Kelly Marcel also had a hand in rewriting Bronson and worked on Mad Max: Fury Road. Think Hardy brought her on board since they're good friends.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"