Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think the venom movie won't get off the ground and the symbiote is in infinity war. Maybe this Sony venom is like an older venom from the mcu or something stupid Sony cooked up

Definitely not a good start for a film about a year away from its intended release....I'm think possible delayed release.

Last edited:
There still the possibility there is a reason Fiege/Russo's decided to allow/have Peter to accompany Tony on that Alien planet.

I agree. I think the opportunity to introduce the symbiote is too good to not do. I still believe we may see symbiote in IW, and Venom may take place in the future where Holland had his whole alien encounter already.

I think the opportunity to introduce the symbiote is too good to not do.

Exactly...forget about Sony for a minute. Consider, from the eyes of Fiege, Marvel, even Disney for that matter...they are in the business of taking their product off the pages comic books into the more realistic, more humanistic, visual form of media, the small & big screen format. They are in the process every year, introducing more & more of their characters to the public, via, one of these medium, to much fan-fare & delight.

I would think, from their pov, how popular a character like Venom is...not just in Spidey's lore, Marvel as a whole...they wouldn't want to have a hand in how this character is going to be presented(this time),via shared agreement, along side, adjunct to, different dimension of the same world, or whatever...given at the end of the day, Venom is still one of Marvel's characters that they surely want done & handled properly, w/o ruin.

Put aside all Sony visceral hate...it is certainly abdominal not to do it. Whether it intentional or not intentional, directly or indirectly...having Peter, play a vital role in IW, that is fitting the narrative of the IW/Avengers 4 story, on an alien planet, that can easily translate to the Symbiote & Venom, moving forward to spinoffs...is more than just coincidence in my book. I would be royally disappointed if both sides don't make the best use of this opportunity, given Venom is going to be made one way or the other.

Exactly...forget about Sony for a minute. Consider, from the eyes of Fiege, Marvel, even Disney for that matter...they are in the business of taking their product off the pages comic books into the more realistic, more humanistic, visual form of media, the small & big screen format. They are in the process every year, introducing more & more of their characters to the public, via, one of these medium, to much fan-fare & delight.

I would think, from their pov, how popular a character like Venom is...not just in Spidey's lore, Marvel as a whole...they wouldn't want to have a hand in how this character is going to be presented(this time),via shared agreement, along side, adjunct to, different dimension of the same world, or whatever...given at the end of the day, Venom is still one of Marvel's characters that they surely want done & handled properly, w/o ruin.

Put aside all Sony visceral hate...it is certainly abdominal not to do it. Whether it intentional or not intentional, directly or indirectly...having Peter, play a vital role in IW, that is fitting the narrative of the IW/Avengers 4 story, on an alien planet, that can easily translate to the Symbiote & Venom, moving forward to spinoffs...is more than just coincidence in my book. I would be royally disappointed if both sides don't make the best use of this opportunity, given Venom is going to be made one way or the other.
Also with Homecoming slowly becoming the highest grossing Spidey movie ever, why would Sony NOT want to work with Marvel on that?

Also with Homecoming slowly becoming the highest grossing Spidey movie ever, why would Sony NOT want to work with Marvel on that?

That question involve a lot more of a complicated answer, based on a number of wide range factors.

Sony gonna Sony? I mean look at many of the company's recent business decisions that have gotten them in trouble. The Spider-Man thing is like the one good thing they have done as of late.

Yeah. Seriouslly, with a such bad and rushed project that this was intended to be, the cast is pretty amazing. Hardy alone is mega news, and now Michelle Williams? Wow!

Really, what are the chances of this being last minute set in the MCU? It will be such a lost for the MCU of both actors and characters.

It can still be a good film regardless of whether it's in the MCU.

Really good cast developing for this, hard not to get excited.

Sounds Riz Amhed has officially joined the film too, according to the article.

Pretty good cast so far, but the film could go either way.

I'm assuming Michelle Williams is playing Anne Weying, Eddie Brock's wife.

Who also become She-Venom. :o

weyingannvenm3.jpg

I want to somehow find her and tell her she's making a huge mistake. I see an actress like her and I feel like she's just being wasted in a ****ing Sony Venom movie.

Michelle Williams?! Possibly as Anne?! That's some good casting!

This has to have the most disproportionate great cast to bad idea ratio I've seen in a while. It makes me almost think there has to be something to the script, though I doubt it.

It's not like Academy Award winners are incapable of picking bad scripts. It happens y'all.

The writers don't fill me with confidence, but the casting is impressive.

The writers don't fill me with confidence, but the casting is impressive.

Tom hardy isn't in any terrible films, even in some of his movies where they aren't the best plot or whatever he still shines through as amazing characters.

Well, this is Sony we're talking about. Chances are they're gonna make it sound worse. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"