• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Venom Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie - Part 4

I don't want to get it twisted, but I do think Tom Hardy is still a better Venom than Topher Grace.

Must be the 40 minutes that were cut out.. or might be.

Nice new avatar, what's it from?

Thanks. It was so weird. I was looking up the running time for my review, and even Google's official listing is saying 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I definitely believe 40 minutes or more got cut. The second act feels totally gutted.

Basically in about 2 minutes Venom decides to become a good guy and savior of the Earth.

It's from Goblin Slayer. Light novel/manga series that's getting new anime that debuts this week on Crunchyroll.

Thanks for the answer.
Thanks. It was so weird. I was looking up the running time for my review, and even Google's official listing is saying 2 hours, 20 minutes.

I definitely believe 40 minutes or more got cut. The second act feels totally gutted.

Basically in about 2 minutes Venom decides to become a good guy and savior of the Earth.
Two minutes make me want to see the Double Toasted review of this movie so baaaad, and the Honest Trailer as well.

I think Tom Hardy's comments on that ''40 minutes cut'' were misconstrued. He said a lot of it was him being able to do what he wanted, just goofing around a lot of the time.

Did the scene where
Eddie dances in the street
make the final cut of the film?

Then who does he work for? And why does he keep messing with Spider-Man and Sony is just listening to all his stupid ideas?

He's a producer with his own production company. Probably because he has a good relationship with the Sony brass and helped give them the first Spider-Man franchise.

Then who does he work for? And why does he keep messing with Spider-Man and Sony is just listening to all his stupid ideas?
He is like Bruckheimer. Runs his own production company to finance films with bigger studios.

Then who does he work for?
YAo.gif

It's from Goblin Slayer. Light novel/manga series that's getting new anime that debuts this week on Crunchyroll.

Well, Tom Hardy said about 40 minutes of the best Venom footage got cut from the movie. That might explain why the second act is gutted story-wise.

Well, Tom Hardy said about 40 minutes of the best Venom footage got cut from the movie. That might explain why the second act is gutted story-wise.
Not sure if it was literally that much or if Hardy was exaggerated, but the second act feels so rushed. After about 2 minutes, Venom's basically liked "You changed me. I'm going to save Earth!"

Not sure if it was literally that much or if Hardy was exaggerated, but the second act feels so rushed. After about 2 minutes, Venom's basically liked "You changed me. I'm going to save Earth!"

This feels like Solo: A Star Wars Story. In the movie, Han Solo never became the self-centered scoundrel we saw in ANH; he was fighting for the good guys and the underdogs from the get go. It made no sense, just like Venom decided to become a superhero without any explanation. Why did the movie's tagline said "There Are Too Many Superheroes" when Venom became one of them in his movie?

Sadly, none of the reception so far is surprising to me. As much as I wanted this to be a great movie those trailers never convinced me man. This looked pretty bad from the start, and while there might be some enjoyment to still get out of it I get the feeling it will mostly be for all the wrong reasons which is something I shouldn't be saying about a Venom movie.

The happening has it's fans.
But, by and large it is considered a mediocre film.

Sadly, none of the reception so far is surprising to me. As much as I wanted this to be a great movie those trailers never convinced me man. This looked pretty bad from the start, and while there might be some enjoyment to still get out of it I get the feeling it will mostly be for all the wrong reasons which is something I shouldn't be saying about a Venom movie.

I thought the first trailer was awful. But at least the subsequent ones at least showed Venom and had the "We are Venom" line.

But the first trailer just made it look so dull and generic.

The happening has it's fans.
But, by and large it is considered a mediocre film.

I think you're severely under stating it. The Happening is considered one of Shaymalan's worst movies, was critically panned, has made several public voted worst movies of all time lists, and is even hated by the people involved in it e.g. Wahlberg, Deschanel etc.

Its not considered mediocre. Its considered plain bad. It doesn't even have a cult following like some bad movies do, e.g. The Room.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"