Superman Returns SR fans......its the little things........

^Well i can see why, it is an amazing score, even without the Williams music.

Oh and the quote in your sig, i think that is one of the best lines in any comic book movie ever!!!!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this sentence! Also the one said by Lex: "Gods are selfish beings who fly around in little red capes." actually, I love the entire Lex-Kitty scene with Lex' opinions ;) (Roman Empire, British, America). Okay, here the other quote that was totally amazing: "That place was a graveyard and I'm all that's left." this sentence gave me a real goosebump (sp?)...

^Yeah they are good lines, as is this one by Martha at the start "Clark the universe is a big place......you dont know who's out there....an even if you are the last, your not alone!" I think it has great significance on repeat viewings and it has given me goosebumps ever since i first found out Jason is his son.

Another thing I like is that this WASN'T an origin story. Superman wasn't some youngling trying to get ahold of his powers, trying to control them. He knew exactly what to do, when to do it. Like the plane scene, and the fire in the sewers, and even lifting New Krypton.
Most of the recent superhero movies are origin stories. And even in those that aren't, like Spiderman 2, the hero most of the time is still learning the ropes, taking it one day at a time. Not Superman. I really liked the fact that he was portrayed as an experienced superhero.

^ Yeah i liked that as well, but i also liked how they took careful time to let us get to know the characters as they are not exactly the same as the one's in the Donner movies. They are more mature and grown up i think they showed that.

Plus, the fact that everyone of Supermans abilities were showcased in an excellent way IMO.

My local Imax managed to get the film 2 weeks ago. I have seen it twice there already and it was full both times I have been there :woot: .

The best things about the film:

The music! WOW, the opening credits looked and sounded amazing, espeically the Supernova at the start. My favourite part is when the camera moves around the part destroyed planet.

The part where Supes is orbiting the earth.

The plane scene. It looked amazing in 3d, even though my neck hurt looking at one corner of the screen, to the next.

The humour: Jimmy and the burrito, Lois 'doing' Superman, Horror movies, seamonkeys, Dog eat dog,

References: Museum with Dan and Micheal, the display text saying Addis Abba 1978, Lois' spelling

The next film is going to be interesting. A krypton island in space with the crystals and three bodies.......

^Hey glad you liked it, and i agree with your good parts, but also think there are many more!!!!!!

IMO it would take years to tell you all the good parts of the movies ;) IDK why, but I never understood the part with the seamonkeys :-S

^I think it was just meant as a throwaway quip to show Kitty's character. In other words, she a dumb-ass. Though she did have some great lines in the movie. And her crying during Superman's beating just made that scene all the more harder to watch and all the more effective IMO.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
^I think it was just meant as a throwaway quip to show Kitty's character. In other words, she a dumb-ass.
I didn't take her character that way...I considered her a "sarcastic, smart-ass" .....Miss Teshmacher said stupid things, because she was stupid....Kitty said stupid things, just to tick Lex off....it was a game to her.

C. Lee said:
I didn't take her character that way...I considered her a "sarcastic, smart-ass" .....Miss Teshmacher said stupid things, because she was stupid....Kitty said stupid things, just to tick Lex off....it was a game to her.

You know i have never seen it like that, but now that you mention it, i can see were you are coming from. Throughout the movie she always gives a little smirk after making one of her "stupid" comments and that adds weight to your argument certainly. I also loved the look she gave Superman on New Krypton when he recognises her from the car incident when walking up the stairs towards Lex.

Another small thing that I notice in the movie, that maybe not too many peolpe notice, is that mouth or lip movement that sups did just before lois interviews him on the top of the building, this same mouth or lip movement is what Chris Reeve did in the original interview in ST:M. That was priceles.

Oh yeah, sometimes it's stunning how much Routh resembled Reeve's mannerisms.

^Hhmmm never noticed that, i'll have to look out for it. I liked the interview on the top of the Daily Planet, some good acting and Dialogue there IMO. Not to mention one of the best lines in any CB movie follows it soon after "You wrote that the world doesnt need a saviour...........but everyday i hear people crying for one."

Ohhh I noticed that one, too. But actually I didn't know it's taken from Reeve's performance :whatever: how could I forget about that? :huh:

Brandon was really great in this movie, he totally surprised me with his acting abilities i really hope we see A LOT more of him in this role and others. Some of the delivery of his lines and some of the looks he gave were just perfect.

he definitely was SUPERB :) actually I knew that he would be great, and then he was even better

I think one of the things that the movie accomplished is, sorry to say this, but "replacing" Chris Reeve. I know he is tough to replace but we have to move on. And I'm personnally happy with Brandon. I like Chris reeve look (his facial expression) when he's really pissed of as sups. I haven't seen this in BR, so we have a lot to look forward to.

megatron01 said:
I think one of the things that the movie accomplished is, sorry to say this, but "replacing" Chris Reeve.

Wrong. I won't even go into the MANY reasons why you are, you just are.

megatron01 said:
I think one of the things that the movie accomplished is, sorry to say this, but "replacing" Chris Reeve. I know he is tough to replace but we have to move on. And I'm personnally happy with Brandon. I like Chris reeve look (his facial expression) when he's really pissed of as sups.
I absolutely do NOT share your opinion. Brandon did SO much more than only copying Chris. Maybe you should see the movie again :whatever:

ec86 said:
I absolutely do NOT share your opinion. Brandon did SO much more than only copying Chris. Maybe you should see the movie again :whatever:
I never expect people to have the same opinon as mine. I'm glad you shared yours. Your right about Brandon not copying Chris. I'm aware that Singer is working with the Donner Universe (I'm not sure about everybody):
From: TODAYonline article: Brian Singer said "When you are making a film called Superman Returns, you have to pick a universe for him to return to,..." and so Singer picked the Donner Universe (which I am happy with, but not necessarily everybody). I don't think many people will be happy on a return to "Smallville" universe idea or Return to "Lois & Clark" Universe.
So it is only fitting that Brandon give nods to the Donner movie(s) and, that's why I said, Brandon is "replacing" Chris Reeve. So basically SR is really Sup2.5. But at the same time we are going to see (and already seeing) a transition to Singer universe where Brandon and Singer are doing all their own thing. I can't wait 'til SR2. I will be happy to have 1000 Superman movies with Brandon in it.
Now, I agree on some people on this forum that Clark didn't have enough part in the movie (let alone compare him to Chris Reeve's). Just watch that little introduction to Donner Cut Sups II (examine that clip very carefully). I felt like Chris had more facial and body movement than both all of Brandon's part as sup's and clark and, yes, this is just totally my opinion. But like what some people said, it's just the writers (Or too many footage has been cut, I think). All this said, I am confident that Singer will bring us a Lot more fresh ideas and less nods in SR2(although I like nods). Everybody got to have likes and dislikes.

Ok, one little thing that I like (that's not a copy from donner's universe) is Richard. When I first heard of him, I scratched my head. But I like the fact that "he's a good guy" (it seems that not too many people like him for some reason), and all his little parts in the movie I like. Especially, when he drove Lois and the kid to the hospital. Then I said to myself: you can't get rid of this character. I actually cared about Richard even though he has only few sreen time; compared to that astronaut guy in Spiderman 2, who I didn't care pretty much if Mary jane Dumps him. Singer did a good job in this character and must have a big plan for him in the next movie.

megatron01 said:
Ok, one little thing that I like (that's not a copy from donner's universe) is Richard. When I first heard of him, I scratched my head. But I like the fact that "he's a good guy" (it seems that not too many people like him for some reason), and all his little parts in the movie I like. Especially, when he drove Lois and the kid to the hospital. Then I said to myself: you can't get rid of this character. I actually cared about Richard even though he has only few sreen time; compared to that astronaut guy in Spiderman 2, who I didn't care pretty much if Mary jane Dumps him. Singer did a good job in this character and must have a big plan for him in the next movie.

I totally agree, i wasnt sure about the Richard character before i saw the movie, though i was sure James Marsden would do a good job. But now having seen the movie multiple times, he is a character i really like, and is someone i DONT want to see killed off. Though i still liked Superman more, Richard was a really good addition IMO.

superman Returns is viewed as Superman V by most people.

And how come when I look online for superman returns music videos on youtube, the ones I see only have some shots of supes and lois basically and that's it. There's no shots of lex and kitty, or jimmy or Jason or richard. Hello! they're in the movie too!

Anyway I just thought of some little things I liked.

Here we go.

I liked when Jason was doing that little monster growl with the garbage pan on his head.

People don't want to admit he was the best thing in the movie but they will soon enough. Honestly I think the film wouldn't be a masterpiece without him. No wait.... wroooooooooooooong. It wouldn't be "Friggin gone with the wind" ha ha, I loved that line. It's a little thing I liked.

if you ask me, I'll tell you he was even the best performer in the film.

Routh seemed completely lost. Bosworth was pretty but really just seemed immature and out of it. Marsden was just hanging around really, not putting much effort into the role. I think the term is 'coasting'. i liked him better in notebook. It's a really easy role anyway. All he had to do was stand around smiling and acting nice. Lex? Eh, I wasn't impressed. Kitty was the only one who I thought could contend with Jason but she failed during too many scenes and her role unfortunately wasn't that much more than wise cracking sidekick so there wasn't much for her to do that would show off her skills. But Jason? He had the most demanding role of all. He needed to act sick and needed to act curious and then act like he was sleeping. That's a lot to do and The kid can growl and that scene witht he piano had me in tears. That deserved an oscar. Did you guys see how surprised he was? I was totally convinced by his acting in that scene. Well done. Well done.

I can't wait to see it again on dvd.

While i thought Jason was good in the movie, he was far from the best. Spacey, Posey, Marsden, Bosworth and especially Routh were all great in the movie IMO. Jason was just OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"