Xbox Starfield

Starfield apparently has 150,000 lines of dialogue, 40,000 more than the previous highest (Fallout 4 - also Skyrim had 60,000).

Hopefully a higher percentage of those lines are actually meaningful this time. *cough*

Hopefully a higher percentage of those lines are actually meaningful this time. *cough*
And hopefully they actually use them in game instead of just leaving much of it mysteriously sitting in the files unused.

Yeah, quality over quantity.

And hopefully they actually use them in game instead of just leaving much of it mysteriously sitting in the files unused.
Is that what happened on past games? What a waste if so.

Is that what happened on past games? What a waste if so.
At the very least with Skyrim, there are several mods on the Nexus that are dedicated to restoring cut content, one in particular focuses on restoring a wide variety of conversations between NPC's, a lot of the characters in the game actually have backstories and relationships with other NPC's that are never seen because they were cut.

At the very least with Skyrim, there are several mods on the Nexus that are dedicated to restoring cut content, one in particular focuses on restoring a wide variety of conversations between NPC's, a lot of the characters in the game actually have backstories and relationships with other NPC's that are never seen because they were cut.
That’s pretty dumb to do the work and pay voice actors and then not use it. I hope that isn’t repeated here.

That’s pretty dumb to do the work and pay voice actors and then not use it. I hope that isn’t repeated here.
Yeah, I have it installed and you don't notice it for the most part, but every now and then you see characters interacting with each other in interesting ways and it adds some nice character development that makes the world feel a bit more real. Little details can go a long ways and it's unfortunate to see so many little details got cut out for no readily apparent reason.

…and aren’t all delivered by the same three people, lol.
Haha, yeah. They also mentioned they are using 300+ voice actors so hopefully it feels like that when exploring different worlds in-game.

I am fine with only having three voices actors ( at least from a creative direction, as opposed to a "putting too much workload on people" direction ), I just want the dialog to communicate meaningful information. Way way *way* too much of the dialog in Fallout 4 neither gave the player useful information nor allowed the player to make meaningful decisions. It was just four different buttons to say the same thing and do the same thing.

Haha, yeah. They also mentioned they are using 300+ voice actors so hopefully it feels like that when exploring different worlds in-game.

Awesome. As much as I love Skyrim, I swear the “You’ve been a good friend to me” guy voices like 75% of the characters.

I am fine with only having three voices actors ( at least from a creative direction, as opposed to a "putting too much workload on people" direction ), I just want the dialog to communicate meaningful information. Way way *way* too much of the dialog in Fallout 4 neither gave the player useful information nor allowed the player to make meaningful decisions. It was just four different buttons to say the same thing and do the same thing.
I like having so many different voice actors and lines in the game as it all gives an opportunity to enrich the world and give it a personality and variety, but it’s pointless if the lines are just fluff that don’t add anything.

@geetard
@KillerMcQueen
@psylockolussus

Thanks for bringing up some inconsistency in thread placements in the various sections since Microsoft started putting their games on pc while Sony have also started doing this to a lesser extent. We've been discussing how best to proceed with this in light of the points brought up. There doesn't seem to be a 100% perfect answer unfortunately.

Under the old system games were classified as multiplatform when appearing on more than one platform but if we did this going forward there could eventually be barely any need for some of the individual sections outside of Nintendo and PC. To be consistent and so that there is a logic in knowing where to look for threads, all games produced by Microsoft & Sony’s first party studios will remain in/move to the Microsoft/Sony sections regardless of whether they also go to pc at the time/later. I’ll leave redirects up for a while so people don’t get lost. So the multiplatform section going forward will cover those games that get big worldwide releases on every/most platforms at the same time rather than for eg a Switch game that also gets a PC release at some point later (like Octopath Traveler or Bravely Default II). I hope that makes sense and is easy enough to follow.

Thanks

This really gets me excited. Looking at the underlying conflicts and factions that you will come up against and the level of exploration. I’ve got a good feeling Bethesda are creating an epic here.

My body is ready. Everything im seeing and hearing sounds jaw dropping to me. You can tell BGS has put their all into establishing this world, and the lore surrounding. I'm loving the more grounded approach compared to other sci-fi games. It seems as though Aliens are gonna be non-sentient, i mean, at least the ones we fight. It's refreshing compared to a humanoid looking alien that talks like a person haha.

My body is ready. Everything im seeing and hearing sounds jaw dropping to me. You can tell BGS has put their all into establishing this world, and the lore surrounding. I'm loving the more grounded approach compared to other sci-fi games. It seems as though Aliens are gonna be non-sentient, i mean, at least the ones we fight. It's refreshing compared to a humanoid looking alien that talks like a person haha.
This project seems really important and personal to them rather than just getting a AAA project complete for financial gains.

This project seems really important and personal to them rather than just getting a AAA project complete for financial gains.
Agreed! Plus the idea is one they've wanted to actually create for over 20 years now.

Yawn. Wake me when they let someone outside Bethesda *see* this playable Starfield.

I reckon next E3 could have a mega deep-dive.

The Starfield suite at the end of their Skyrim concert was beautiful.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"