State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching this movie now, and does this guy have hearing like DareDevil?
Naw Spider.BB doesnt have any super powers.other than being a brain surgeon that travels between dimensions all while playing a mean ass electric guitar riff!

Never seemed to watch the entire Buckaroo Banzai movie or even knew a comic of it existed.

I wasn't aware of the comic but BB is one of the gem of my childhood. I love(d) the car and the trans-dimensional device.

Damn! All you guys talking about BB! I gotta go and rent that flick now! Hahaha "John small berries" but Maaaaannn! And not like Anubis. I don't need to see Ellen Barkin fugly self.I can tolerated it though for "Mr.Crabs","Shawshank Redemption" cool ass Clancy Brown being there.

Last edited:
Okay, these aren't exactly comic characters but they're Jamie Hewlett creations so they totally count:

20237_gorillaz.jpg

Gorillaz

I really like them. They're a little like The Archies, if they had substance abuse problems...

[YT]nhPaWIeULKk[/YT]

Yeah, I dig em too.

Anybody seen Plastic Beach?

I dig 'em
I like their cartoony video clips, never really got into their songs

I think I read like 3 issues of that....it was awesome.

And Plastic Beach, the album was also like, a cartoon movie. It's on Youtube.

He's the doc, and he looks like his monster
Doth not like mine brain

Sort of looks like Vindicator from Alpha Flight.

He's the doc, and he looks like his monster
Doth not like mine brain

He took his creator's name and gained doctorates. Not hard to compute. Also, Frankenstein is a surname, and surnames are typically passed from father to son, and the whole point of the book is the monster attempting to find who he is (and by extension, find the only family he has, his "father"). To deny calling the monster Frankenstein is to side with Victor against his creation.

Monsters be people too, yo.

He took his creator's name and gained doctorates. Not hard to compute. Also, Frankenstein is a surname, and surnames are typically passed from father to son, and the whole point of the book is the monster attempting to find who he is (and by extension, find the only family he has, his "father"). To deny calling the monster Frankenstein is to side with Victor against his creation.

Interesting concept

Yeah, I always figured that if the monster ever took a name, it would be Frankenstein, and it would be sorta like taking his fathers name. He is a Frankenstein.

Nicely put.

Well, since I've done Doc Frankenstein, I think it's time for that other Burlyman character:

shaolin+cow2.JPG

The Shaolin Cowboy

Ah Shaolin Cowboy.

Ultraviolence at it's absolute finest

Concept makes me want to laugh
How do you find all this stuff?

Well, I found most of the many awesome comics I've read from simply coming here. Paying attention to what people say is good. If I trust their judgement, then I give it a shot.

Well, I found most of the many awesome comics I've read from simply coming here. Paying attention to what people say is good. If I trust their judgement, then I give it a shot.

:up:

Yeah, threads like these are invaluable for that. I try to bring back the DC one occasionally, but you're a hard act to follow. :yay:

Anyway, today's is a new character from a book that's only about two issues in. I'm putting him up because after reading those two issues yesterday I'm already hugely impressed.

bedlam101.jpg

Madder Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"