State Your Opinion on a Character - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I love Eve.

Note to self: start reading Invincible again.

Yeah, same here. Robot and Monster Girl had just came back, Eve was still fat, aaaaaannndddd... yeah.

I'm gonna have to get back to that....

Next:

Glory_.jpg

Glory

Much like Prophet, this is one of Image's relaunches of a crappy Liefeld-ian character from the '90s.

Haven't read it, but I love that the company are basically taking their crappy old characters and trying to redeem them, instead of pretending they never happened.

Marvel and Dc could learn a lesson there, I think.

Omega Red + Tron + Iron Man armor + Video-Man beam + MegaMan
Much like Prophet, this is one of Image's relaunches of a crappy Liefeld-ian character from the '90s.

Haven't read it, but I love that the company are basically taking their crappy old characters and trying to redeem them, instead of pretending they never happened.

Marvel and Dc could learn a lesson there, I think.
Retcons and resurrection

I been meaning to check her out. I've heard nothing but good things.

I'm sure it'd be fun, but I have so many books on my plate as it is.

I'll mentally file it away in the "great comics you haven't read yet, but totally should" cabinet, along with Maus and Cerebus.

She looks a lot like Black Widow or rather Scar Jo's rendition of her.

Looks more like a Gene Colan drawn Black Widow

She's Warren Ellis' Parallel World-hopping adventurer. He writes it for Avatar Press:

From Wiki:
Anna Mercury is a leather-clad, red-headed hero who travels between parallel worlds, fighting to keep advanced weaponry from being used by more primitive worlds.
On Earth, in the modern day United Kingdom, Anna Mercury is actually Anna Louise Britton, an agent of the government, tasked with missions in the nine parallel worlds adjacent to our own. Anna's travels through the space between worlds charges her equipment that lets her defy gravity, move through solid objects, and perform other feats, though the energy is limited and must be monitored closely.

I read the first run a while ago. It's pretty fun.

Last edited:
she looks like Freakin GI joe "Baroness" without the glasses to me( and a dye job) but you know what
She's Warren Ellis' Parallel World-hopping adventurer. He writes it for Avatar Press:

From Wiki:
Anna Mercury is a leather-clad, red-headed hero who travels between parallel worlds, fighting to keep advanced weaponry from being used by more primitive worlds.
On Earth, in the modern day United Kingdom, Anna Mercury is actually Anna Louise Britton, an agent of the government, tasked with missions in the nine parallel worlds adjacent to our own. Anna's travels through the space between worlds charges her equipment that lets her defy gravity, move through solid objects, and perform other feats, though the energy is limited and must be monitored closely.

I read the first run a while ago. It's pretty fun.
that &^%$ sounds hella cool! i might have to look to into getting the back issues of that. it sounds so bad ass!

I've never read this, and know practically nothing about it, but last year I wrote a 20-page treatment for a comic book series (complete with concept art) AND a finished first script that I was gonna submit to Image and Dark Horse...

The name of this series was X, and the main character had an X where his face should be. That's where it seems the similarities stop, but still... weird.

And when I say "weird", obviously what I actually mean is "incredibly frustrating" :hehe:

Totally!

Me and my bloody-minded clone army of lawyers should lay waste to Dark Horse. Cities shall tremble and the very sky itself shall turn Eggshell White with legal documents!

depositphotos_6840588-Many-identical-businessmen-clones.jpg

Or I'll just shake it off and hand it in to Image maybe... y'know, whatever's easier... :o

Yeah, f**k it dude.

Mark Millar stole my idea of making Valaria Richards super smart. Don't see me getting my panties in a bunch.....but if I ever see his ass on the street he's a corpse. :argh:

Spider-Man 2099
Spawn
Deathstroke
Shoelaces on trunks, gloves, and wrestling boots
Dark Knight Returns Lightning

That's it for appearance, and I'm interested in his appearance alone

'Kay, next up an Image series of some old character I'm sure none of you have heard of before:

MACGYVER_COVER_col_resize.jpg

MacGyver

All I've heard of this guy is from the t.v. show & his unreal inventions he made to escape from traps etc. Pretty entertaining show. LOL

You know, the show was ever so slightly before my time... but anyone who can do **** like this is alright in my book:

MacGyver_escapes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back