• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my unpopular opinion regarding Paul Feig is that I actually like The Heat. And Bridesmaids. And, to a lesser degree, Spy. I could watch those movies at any time, they are very rewatchable.

I won't see Ghostbusters ever again though.

Here's my unpopular opinions.

Spider-Man 1 is better than Spider-Man 2, the latter of which is completely overrated. Spider-Man 1 has better pacing, it's generally more exciting, Dafoe hams it up to awesome levels, and it's not bogged down by excessive drama like Spider-Man 2 is. Also Spider-Man 2 turns Mary Jane into a very unlikable character.

Return of the Jedi is a mediocre movie with great moments. The pacing is bad, Jabba's palace, while cool, takes up almost 40 minutes of the film. All for what? Just to rescue Han, and the movie gives him absolutely nothing to do. Then the movie grinds to a halt in the ewok village. Then we get another Death Star and locations feel underwhelming. Not to mention the weak visuals and cinematography.

The only great Star Wars movie is Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars is good, but it has pacing issues and clunky dialogue. I like Force Awakes though, it's a pretty good movie.

Days of Future past is better than First class, the latter of which is overrated.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is better than Last Crusade, which is overrated (still love it though). Raiders of course is the GOAT.

The Avengers is still the best MCU movie, and I found Ant-man to be completely mediocre and forgettable.

Last edited:
List of unpopular opinions:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the best in the series.

Robocop 2 and 3 are actually kind of fun and entertaining movies.

Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight which I think is somewhat overrated.

Goodfellas is better than the Godfather and just about every other gangster film.

The Shining is an overrated horror film.

Goodfellas is better than the Godfather and just about every other gangster film.

yes, yes and yes. I love PoA, I wish Cuaron could do another one.

Yeah I don't like the David Yates films. Visually there so bland.

My favorite Potter movies are the first three.

yes, yes and yes. I love PoA, I wish Cuaron could do another one.

Agreed. I think PoA had the best balance of humor and drama. It no longer felt like a children's series, but it wasn't too serious yet...

Yeah I don't like the David Yates films. Visually there so bland.

My favorite Potter movies are the first three.

Agreed.

I agree, Goodfellas is fantastic. I've tried watching The Godfather a couple of times about ten years apart and both times I couldn't get through it.

I love the Godfather, but it's not an easy film to watch, especially nowadays where everyone has short attention spans.

Although technically not film, I personally loathe Game of Thrones.

I love the Godfather, but it's not an easy film to watch, especially nowadays where everyone has short attention spans.

That's why I had a ten year gap between watching it. I figured my younger self wasn't able to follow along with a slower paced film, where as these days I do love some dreadfully slow movies. Nonetheless, even with my aged enjoyment of less explosion filled cinema, The Godfather just has nothing for me.

Doctor Strange is a very lackluster film that is not saved by the excellent talent involved.

I also prefer Goodfellas, but I think the first Godfather is a masterpiece.

Doctor Strange is a very lackluster film that is not saved by the excellent talent involved.

I thought it was decent, but definitely completely lacking in many areas. The very end credits scene being there, instead of something fully fleshed out in the sequel really sums up certain things I really hate about Marvel.

I thought it was decent, but definitely completely lacking in many areas. The very end credits scene being there, instead of something fully fleshed out in the sequel really sums up certain things I really hate about Marvel.

It's far from some terrible mess or the like. It's watchable but it's watchable the way a run of the mill game between two teams you have no investment in at all is watchable. Everything is serviceable in the movie but nothing breaks through. I felt no connection to anyone. It felt all rushed and shiny surfaces. I wish that the time spent on coming up with gags for the Cloak would have gone to deepening Mads' character and giving a better sense of Strange's journey from former surgeon that is broken to dedicated student and then master of mystical arts.

Christ Almighty, are you losers still pissy about the new Ghostbusters?
Pissy? We made fun of the needless stupid controversy, and idiotic comments from the director.

Here's my unpopular opinions.

Spider-Man 1 is better than Spider-Man 2, the latter of which is completely overrated. Spider-Man 1 has better pacing, it's generally more exciting, Dafoe hams it up to awesome levels, and it's not bogged down by excessive drama like Spider-Man 2 is. Also Spider-Man 2 turns Mary Jane into a very unlikable character.
I agree with the bold.

Robocop 2 and 3 are actually kind of fun and entertaining movies.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I think Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds are boring, medicore films. And this is coming from a Tarantino fan.

Dayum son I love IB its my favorite tarantino movie by far

I think Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Django Unchained are my favorite three.

Id probably say Inglorious Basterds, Pulp fiction then Reservoir Dogs. I even like Jackie Brown.

You can't give Tarantino any criticisms at all. He takes it so personally.

You can't give Tarantino any criticisms at all. He takes it so personally.

When you are dealing with an uptight, self obsessed 13 year old boy trapped in a man's body, that's what you are going to get.

I think Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds are boring, medicore films. And this is coming from a Tarantino fan.

I love IB but yeah, Kill Bill is overrated.

I enjoy Kill Bill but Pulp Fiction does nothing for me and the only highlight of Inglourious Basterds is Christoph Waltz and the theater ending. The opening scene is a great little short film unto itself though. Waltz and the slow burn tension is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"