• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love every scene with the Basterds.
Haven't seen Pulp Fiction in years, but I remember being mildly underwhelmed when I saw it in 10th grade. Maybe I'll have a different outlook being older and wiser now.

Basterds is great.

Kill Bill part 1 and 2 have some really great scenes, but I don't think the movies are great as a whole.

I love every single scene in Basterds.
It's funny because growing up I always heard the hype about Tarantino but since I was pretty young it didn't click with me and I didn't quite get it. I remember seeing bits of pulp fiction on amc and being so confused. Same with Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds. They bored me. And then one day I just sat down and watched Reservoir Dogs when I was in high school and I loved it. Then pulp fiction and I finally "got it" so to speak and thought it was brilliant. Started revisiting all his movies and became a huge fan.

I have started to appreciate Tarantino even more over the years. Now I see Pulp Fiction every couple of years, it gets better every time I watch it, for some reason.
Hasn't happened that with Kill Bill though.
I liked Django Unchained but I don't feel like revisiting that one soon. Same with Jackie Brown. Controversially, I have a fantastic time watching Death Proof.

I have started to appreciate Tarantino even more over the years. Now I see Pulp Fiction every couple of years, it gets better every time I watch it, for some reason.
Hasn't happened that with Kill Bill though.
I liked Django Unchained but I don't feel like revisiting that one soon. Same with Jackie Brown. Controversially, I have a fantastic time watching Death Proof.
I really enjoyed Django, although some of the scenes (cough) the Mandingo fight (cough) were really disturbing and took me out of the movie a little bit.

Wasn't Tarantino working on an extended cut of Django with about 2 hours of additional footage? It was supposed to be presented more as a mini series.

Man Tarintino has so much stuff he said he was going to do or was working on
-The Vega Brothers (although I would love to see that as an anime film)
-Killer Crow (I'm really mad he might not direct that)
-Kill Bill Vol. 3
-A disaster movie
-An Inglourious Basterds prequel.

And that's just to name a few

I've always wanted the Vega brothers movie, but the time's up to do it live action. It would have to be some animated thing.

Doesn't he have a pile of unused scripts lying around in his den? I'm betting he will probably just turn a bunch of them into novels after he retires.

There are some films out there that he wrote but did not direct, so anyone think he will pick a director (or directors) to make his unmade films?

As for projects like Vega Brothers, I would love to see that come to life via animation. You could still get the actors to reprise their roles.

I love the Godfather, but it's not an easy film to watch, especially nowadays where everyone has short attention spans.
I agree, for those that were around in the early 70's back when The Godfather films came out it was probably quite extraordinary never before seen on film but nowadays even for newer generations just watching them for the first time it might appear dated.

FINALLY I secured the chance to watch all of the X-Men films in chronological succession. I really don't see the appeal factor in them. Discounting Deadpool completely, I only found enjoyment, and not very much of it, in First Class, The Wolverine, and Days of Future Past. And when including Deadpool, that is probably the film that I liked the most in this series, and I didn't even find that one all that great in my humble opinion

Even with that tiny smidgen of enjoyment that I had in those aforementioned three installments, I have no reason to watch them again and do not have any solid plans to

I've read very mixed opinions regarding this franchise, so I was uncertain if this post belonged here. But I've heard plenty of praise toward X2 and DOFP, so I guess that counts

The x-men franchise is hit and miss, but I think DOFP is a top tier marvel movie, and X2 and first class (though overrated) are pretty good as well. X1 is dated but it has really good scenes. The wolverine is underrated. X3 is dumb fun. Apocalypse is a snooze. X-men Wolverine origins is just bad. Deadpool is a great Deadpool movie.

I think DOFP worked out best for Singer. Taking the best of the past movies with present and a strong send off to the original cast.

On a side note, The Charles X Charles scene in DOFP is one of the best scenes in comic book movies. Not to mention it was an extremely novel use of telepathy and time travel. Most superhero movies can only dream of such good moments.

X-Men is the best "cinematic universe" in my eyes.

First class was my favorite cbm of 2011, The wolverine was my favorite cbm of 2013. 2014 was a tossup between Cap 2 and DOFP. Deadpool was my favorite cbm of 2016.

Frick Apocalypse though. Singer's first real misstep with the franchise.

So even though MCU is a better cinematic universe, I actually find myself gravitating towards the x-men movies more sometimes. Then again I don't read x-men comics so maybe that's why (I'm a DC guy).

I recently did an x-men series rewatch, First x-men movie suffers from a sliced budget and really dated effects. but the way it introduced wolverine was so good (that cage fight scene...and then the bar where he reveals his claws). such a fresh take on these comic book heroes at the time. I think nolan even said that it was an influence on him for batman begins.

Watching X2 Nightcrawler at the start is still breathtaking. Every character gets a mini-arc (Pyro/Bobby get some deep stuff), and Stryker is an exceptional villain. Like the series has tried to do that 'human villain' again and again and it's never worked the same because Brian Cox commits to it so, friggin, hard. Like he's not acting in a blockbuster, he's just acting, period.

Even when the film gets into the absurd Jason stuff, Brian Cox is selling it as hard as I've ever seen anyone sell a villainous role in a blockbuster. Shame The Last Stand ignores the great bit at the end where Wolverine acknowledges Jean loved Cyclops more.

Make that Rocky for me.

200_s.gif

Creed 2 seriously needs Dolph as an aged Drago and he should win the ****ing Oscar for it.

Rocky 5 is the lowest point of the series, even recognised by Stallone.

X-Men is the best "cinematic universe" in my eyes.
Antonop+rolls+846+actually+its+not+okay+_9fde7e13a3985000486bc49ed7919b87.jpg

But I must say, kudos if you do enjoy the X-Men franchise. I think they're all pretty bland-ass films that lack the same kind of charm and color that makes the MCU so great. I just can't visualize how anybody could rewatch them even once, let alone time-and-time again

Last edited:
Unpopular Opinion: I kind of like Spider-Man 3. I'm biased because I love the first two films, but I really don't think SM3 is that bad.

Unpopular Opinion: I kind of like Spider-Man 3. I'm biased because I love the first two films, but I really don't think SM3 is that bad.

If Raimi had been allowed to make the film he had in the script and in mind, it would have been as good as the first 2, Arad's meddling made the film what it was, but as it is and what we got, I still like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"