State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always here for awesome practical stunts, though. And yes, Mission: Impossible is BY FAR the superior "heist" franchise. I didn't know that was in question.

I think that's more something you'd hear in the general public than on the net, plus Furious 7 doing like double the MI:5 box office, despite being only half the quality film.

There was a basis in reality to begin with? :o

They drove in straight lines. I'll give them that.

Are the MI movies really heist movies. I mean I know all of them have a heist in them (it's actually really funny to me how all the MI films have almost the same script beat for beat just with some changes) but I wouldnt call them heist movies

It's why I used quotation marks. There's still a lot of planning and execution of the mission that you'd find in a heist movie.

I look forward to a new F&F movie because I want to see what kind of crazy **** they can come up with this time. I also like the character interactions within the main group.

I really don't understand why Friday the 13th Part V is so hated. Well...scratch that, I understand it somewhat with the fake Jason and whatnot, but I'll never understand why it's so universally hated. It's a solid film in the franchise, despite the lack of real Jason. It's honestly just as good as 3 or 4.

Yeah, it's a solid film, especially compared to the ****pile that is Jason Goes to Hell.

I look forward to a new F&F movie because I want to see what kind of crazy **** they can come up with this time. I also like the character interactions within the main group.

Same. I know F&F is dumb, but I eat that **** up. Sometimes stupid is what I need from a movie.

Yeah, it's a solid film, especially compared to the ****pile that is Jason Goes to Hell.
Did you dare insult the movie with a scene of a forensic doctor eating the beating heart of Jason Vorhees after soldiers blew his body to bits? :o

That is some funny $#%^.

Okay so I watched Thelma and Louise not long ago. It was too long. I am sorry Susan Sarandon :(

Nope, they speak their lines with the same deadly seriousness.

Also, IMO, hate for Judge Dredd '95 is so blown out of proportion. It's not that bad.
Yeah it's really cheesy fun but I'm a Stallone fan anyways so you have to expect some hits and misses, if you see The Nostalgia Critic's review it's so hysterical that it makes you appreciate the movie even more.

Sometimes I'll even watch Demolition Man and Judge Dredd back-to-back since they're so similar in a way.

"I AM DUH LAAWWWW!!!!"

If it was a bit more overt in it's satire, and Sly kept the helmet on, I think it would be far more fondly remembered.

I actually think that Stallone during that period was GREAT casting for Dredd. The film though... lackluster.

Yeah, Sly could still be great as Dredd today. But it really should've been with Carpenter or Verhoeven.

I honestly still get that film mixed up with Demolition Man. I've seen them both more than once, but when I remember specific scenes I have a hard time recalling which one it was from.

I honestly still get that film mixed up with Demolition Man. I've seen them both more than once, but when I remember specific scenes I have a hard time recalling which one it was from.

It was Stallone's "I'm running from a fireball" phase.

I wouldn't call the 1980's until today a phase.

CLIFFHANGER:
[YT]dnDN3hqkbrU[/YT]

DEMOLITION MAN:
[YT]0B5v6QZ5R3g[/YT]

JUDGE DREDD:
[YT]Ru4It7CI9GE[/YT]

THE TUNNEL:
[YT]Nu330CJW4Jo[/YT]

He does it in The Expendables as well. At this point it's a trademark.

He does it in The Expendables as well. At this point it's a trademark.

Worst one was the moment in the 95 Dredd. You could see the copious amounts of fire ******ant gel they had placed on the back of Stallone in the shots.

My unpopular film opinions:

1) the Toy Story films are massively overrated.

2) the Fantastic Four films (2005 and 2007) are actually pretty good.

3) Speed Racer was actually a clever satire about professional sports, combined with a classic hero's journey.

The Terminator. Terminator 2 judgement day special edition and Terminator Genisys form a great Terminator trilogy.

Also, IMO, hate for Judge Dredd '95 is so blown out of proportion. It's not that bad.

Yeah it's really cheesy fun but I'm a Stallone fan anyways so you have to expect some hits and misses, if you see The Nostalgia Critic's review it's so hysterical that it makes you appreciate the movie even more.

Sometimes I'll even watch Demolition Man and Judge Dredd back-to-back since they're so similar in a way.

"I AM DUH LAAWWWW!!!!"
Some people here speak my language.
I love this.

Diane Lane is in Judge Dredd, Sandra Bullock is in Demolition Man.

My unpopular film opinions:

2) the Fantastic Four films (2005 and 2007) are actually pretty good.
I agree.

The Terminator. Terminator 2 judgement day special edition and Terminator Genisys form a great Terminator trilogy.
Terminator series should have ended with Judgement Day.
Saying that one who loves Genisys, and never bothered with the middle sequels.

Like I said in that thread, Logan is significantly better than X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but yeah, considering the setting of the film, or at least how it appears, Old Man Logan has a much better ring to it.

Ideally, title-wise, the trilogy would've been...

Weapon X - Even if wasted on a s*** movie
Wolverine - with or without the "The"
Old Man Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"